XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190613] [Manager 20190613]  (Read 35280 times)

Offline vketv

• View Profile
Iím trying the latest Beta and seeing some issues with SAB.
Game tested : R6S
As R6S works better with Default and Common configs, tried them both.
when SAB was 0 ,while ADSed my cursor started moving slowly to either left or right depending on leaning angle. With SAB 1, this unnecessary movement was reduced but it was still there. So had to use SAB 5 with default to make the cursor movement stop.

I had reported similar behavior for last beta but didnít get any reply.
Before last beta , this issue was not present.
Tested with multiple mouse so itís not hardware issue.(500 hz,4000 dpi)
Tested with 2 different mousepads (both cloth).
Everyone is saying SAB should be 0 for R6S then why is this cursor movement happening?
Does Game ST needs rework?
Thanks

Does this issue happen with SAB Off?

Also, do you have your in-game deadzones set like this?: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43775.0#post_X10A9

Thanks for reply.
Yes, the deadzones are set exactly as in official config guide. L 10 R 10.
Yes this behavior is noticeable when SAB is off.
With SAB 1 , it stops happening but the aim feels off when in ADS mode.

Another observation: weapon switching to secondary when trying to reload. This is very rare. Happened twice yesterday in span of 6 hours. Reload button mapped to Keyboard R. Weapon switch mapped to Mouse Wheel Down.
I thought it may be due to accidental mouse while touch but very unlikely.
This is not frequent but just wanted to report.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
sab adds delay so it affects aiming(for keyboard users)

It adds delay for movement, not aiming. If you are moving while aiming and experience the delay then it is not an aiming issue, but rather a movement issue. This is why I feel SAB is useless. If people want to experience analog behavior, simulation is not a viable substitute. Just use an analog stick. There are many options.
« Last Edit: 08:24 AM - 06/23/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile

It adds delay for movement, not aiming. If you are moving while aiming and experience the delay then it is not an aiming issue, but rather a movement issue. This is why I feel SAB is useless. If people want to experience analog behavior, simulation is not a viable substitute. Just use an analog stick. There are many options.

It's viable because it does its job. It increases aim assist and bypasses digital input checking.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile

Unless you stand still while youíre shooting, Iím pretty sure SAB is in effect if youíre aiming so if you have to move to aim then the SAB effects your movement ultimately effecting your aim...Ēif youíre movingĒ well atleast thatís my opinion SAB seems to effect the movement mechanics of the game, is that right? Itís just there to make WASD into more of a 8 way directional joystick I guess? Iíve always had my SAB at 0, I play on PC as well. The mechanics on PubG on PC are totally different from PubG on Xbox obviously. I just use PubG as an example because there is no aim assist and restrictions on how fast you shoot or anything. Itís a good game to test your accuracy or jitter if you use a high DPI or  if you have a mouse with no acceleration or drivers or angle snapping the right lift of distance...

actually I just got my new mouse in the mail, I had to exchange the old one because the bottom of the mouse right where the sensor is was push against the mouse pad so my LOD was not right( the mouse was just a defective mouse ) because I could push it back up and it would stay for a while but pop back down like it wasnít assembled correctly, so I was having issues with sensitivity changes because of the LOD on my mouse was changing constantly and I thought it might be the firmware but if you just check your own mouse and keyboard and connections before you blame the firmware or XIM, Iíve used the XIM for years now and play on PC for even longer.

XIM is just a controller emulator.
Unless you use XIM Link.

Replacement mouse delivered priority international for free along with two sets of mice feet because you canít buy any for this mouse, also was free.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEIrx-BseD/?igshid=13asjk90399ub

Old mouse, look where the sensor is, the plastic around it wasnít secured inside so it would pop out like that and that would change my lift off distance
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEI8HkBOee/?igshid=55ho15e2knj4

BTW Lift off distance and angle snapping and acceleration are something you should get familiar with if you donít know what they are, they can cause sensitivity issues as well.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile

Unless you stand still while youíre shooting, Iím pretty sure SAB is in effect if youíre aiming so if you have to move to aim then the SAB effects your movement ultimately effecting your aim...Ēif youíre movingĒ well atleast thatís my opinion SAB seems to effect the movement mechanics of the game, is that right? Itís just there to make WASD into more of a 8 way directional joystick I guess? Iíve always had my SAB at 0, I play on PC as well. The mechanics on PubG on PC are totally different from PubG on Xbox obviously. I just use PubG as an example because there is no aim assist and restrictions on how fast you shoot or anything. Itís a good game to test your accuracy or jitter if you use a high DPI or  if you have a mouse with no acceleration or drivers or angle snapping the right lift of distance...

actually I just got my new mouse in the mail, I had to exchange the old one because the bottom of the mouse right where the sensor is was push against the mouse pad so my LOD was not right( the mouse was just a defective mouse ) because I could push it back up and it would stay for a while but pop back down like it wasnít assembled correctly, so I was having issues with sensitivity changes because of the LOD on my mouse was changing constantly and I thought it might be the firmware but if you just check your own mouse and keyboard and connections before you blame the firmware or XIM, Iíve used the XIM for years now and play on PC for even longer.

XIM is just a controller emulator.
Unless you use XIM Link.

Replacement mouse delivered priority international for free along with two sets of mice feet because you canít buy any for this mouse, also was free.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEIrx-BseD/?igshid=13asjk90399ub

Old mouse, look where the sensor is, the plastic around it wasnít secured inside so it would pop out like that and that would change my lift off distance
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEI8HkBOee/?igshid=55ho15e2knj4

BTW Lift off distance and angle snapping and acceleration are something you should get familiar with if you donít know what they are, they can cause sensitivity issues as well.

The problem here is people are posting that SAB has changed their aim. This is not true. If aim is off because of the effect SAB has on movement, then there is nothing Obsiv can do to fix this. Either the people that use SAB need to understand how it works and adapt, turn it off and just use normal keystroke movements, or stop using keystrokes and find a true analog solution.

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
I donít see why you would need analog movements personally..keyboards have a bigger advantage just by strafing left to right or crouching when youíre shooting. I donít understand why someone uses a keyboard but wants analog movements, just buy keypad with an analog?

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
I donít see why you would need analog movements personally..keyboards have a bigger advantage just by strafing left to right or crouching when youíre shooting. I donít understand why someone uses a keyboard but wants analog movements, just buy keypad with an analog?

Analog has an advantage for variable movement speed. This is especially evident in games where movement speed can effect foot step sounds.
« Last Edit: 04:14 PM - 06/23/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
I have noticed something when using these BETA versions along with restoring configs...

So far, I have always backed-up my settings and applied them after the firmware update / upgrade. To my surprise, I have noticed, while doing a routine check, that once I created the config again from scratch , the game felt different ...huge difference...

!!Backup your configs!!

1.Upgrade to the latest Beta - use the option "Factory Reset"
This basically removes everything and makes a clean upgrade
2.Create your config manually
3. Test your game and check if you are experience the same issues.

Now, for those who have issues with the new BETA or still have issues ... have you tried creating your config from scratch following above steps? If not, try it and let me know if you are experiencing the same issues.

On my side, I have been restoring my configs during the last 2-3 BETA, and since I have done them manually, there is a HUGE impact / difference on how the game feels...

I am not sure if this is a thing, but for me at least, there is a huge difference - and the configs are created THE SAME (I checked many many times ).
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Xdrqgol, what sort of issues are you experiencing if you hadn't recreated your Config from scratch?

Do you still have the backup file of the Configs causing issues? If so, can I have them?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
Xdrqgol, what sort of issues are you experiencing if you hadn't recreated your Config from scratch?

Do you still have the backup file of the Configs causing issues? If so, can I have them?

Well compared to the backup config - I decreased HIP sensitivity like 10 or something, In game like 5+.

OLD backup - I had little stutters or during fast draw it didn't register.
Current config (created manual) - I feel the response of my mouse to be close to mouse on PC, aka more responsive.

OLD backup, has been sent to you already , check your PM.
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline Mooos21

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KSA
  • PSN ID: KSA
there is a problem The latest update is Black Ops 4 There is vibration Aim Did anyone notice the problem

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
there is a problem The latest update is Black Ops 4 There is vibration Aim Did anyone notice the problem

There is no vibration in the aim with the latest beta. You must have a misconfigured setting or hardware issue.

Offline Mooos21

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KSA
  • PSN ID: KSA
. How do I know the problem of a device. ???   

https://youtu.be/zAuXmT-D3M0.   

3000Dip
1000hz
G502
game
1◊
1◊

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
. How do I know the problem of a device. ???   

https://youtu.be/zAuXmT-D3M0.   

3000Dip
1000hz
G502
game
1◊
1◊

I don't see any vibration at all in your video. I only see jittery movements. You may want to try a higher DPI and lower your ADS/HIP sensitivity on APEX(Not Game). Also try smoothing 1-5.
« Last Edit: 09:24 PM - 06/25/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline r553

• View Profile
Seems like the customizable walk speed disappeared?
I have expert config enabled and itís only letting me bind a walk key.
There are no additional settings, and whatever the default setting is, itís too high for my character to walk.
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Admin