XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20190613] [Manager 20190613]  (Read 35586 times)

Offline Omarf826

• View Profile
Tried SAB off and 0 value on fortnite.Movement and mouse feels really bad on this firmware. I prefer 0603

603 had one of the best aiming behaviors imo compared to all the other betas that were currently released, nothing else compares to it, but the only downside is the movement and buttons have noticeable input lag, and don't register correctly sometimes especially when theres more lag present in the server. Then you also have the gun jamming issue which is present in that firmware, if they can just replicate 603 aiming behavior and fine tune everything else it would be a solid retail..

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
So different firmwares have different aim? Obsiv can you confirm?

Offline napalm.death

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xx---d1esel---xX
Hi, regarding the gun jams, since previous update when I use Hemlok in Apex Legends and I click lmb fast while moving around sometimes the gun doesn't shoot and I think I just spent the magazine but then I can see I still had rounds left. I'll update to the newest beta and report

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: bAggziLLA_11
having errors on pasting ballistic curves and configs
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
XIM APEX : 1000 HZ
Glorious Model O : 12000 DPI and 4000 DPI on 1000 HZ
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism
Audio Technica AD700x with Antlion Modmic and MixAmp TR

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them, join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
having errors on pasting ballistic curves and configs

U will have cause u trying to paste from previous build. U only can paste configuration from the same build
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
To let everyone know, I did a thorough analysis between this latest firmware, our last retail firmware, and also using the controller directly, and the trigger behavior (timing and values) between all 3 are the indistinguishable. This means I still don't know where these gun jamming issues are coming from.

If anyone has any other relevant data that could lead to figuring this out, please let me know.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
To let everyone know, I did a thorough analysis between this latest firmware, our last retail firmware, and also using the controller directly, and the trigger behavior (timing and values) between all 3 are the indistinguishable. This means I still don't know where these gun jamming issues are coming from.

If anyone has any other relevant data that could lead to figuring this out, please let me know.

Doesn’t every game in the gun mechanics have a max speed you can actually fire a weapon? It can only fire so fast, so maybe the game put a limit on how fast you can fire? I know pubg doesn’t have any restrictions on how fast you can fire because you can shoot two bullets at once with a SKS or an SLR.

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
maybe the problem is not related to the firmware. I'm back to 0603.Fortnite is still not as before. Epic did something again, I needed to increase sensitivity and add some boost. maybe Mist can look at an available time
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline IAmVerbose

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: IAmVerbose
Perhaps we can narrow this down a little, I personally have tried every firmware and havn't noticed issues like that ever as I do play R6S (i also have bfv but little play time so i will write this off as unkown in my parts) but whilst playing r6s with any of these firmwares I had no occurrences of gun jam unless it was user error/fps or net lag.

SO what I am saying is perhaps this is a matter between user error and a form of lag working in tandum?
I hope to see any users asking about this issue posting weather they are on a Original console or a mid gen one so for example (PS4, PS4 PRO) aswell as the xbox variants.

Logically speaking if OBS has gone through the code and has not recognized any noticeable changes to point out that would cause this theres a good chance that he would be correct seeing as he has worked on xim for so long right?

I'm not saying that some lines of code can make things go wonky because its entirely possible even if there are no relations in said old code with new code applied.

I'm not an expert but I do have minimalistic coding experience, but perhaps the device is workign harder to read this code and might be causing a "spike" if you will? (this is highly undoubtable as I dont think the amount of lines of code applied are even that big, nor is it spamming a search for IF statements literally every 1ms which typically causes this sort of behavior)

again its just a thought but i do honestly think its the matter of user error and possible form of lag. Sorry for the chapter book here.

Lets also note that we are talking about two intensely clunky games for this subject.

Offline InZane

• Discord: InZane#9684
    • View Profile
maybe the problem is not related to the firmware. I'm back to 0603.Fortnite is still not as before. Epic did something again, I needed to increase sensitivity and add some boost. maybe Mist can look at an available time

I have not noticed any different on fortnite since the last ST version came out. Im still at 0603 running 0 SAB and totally wrecking people. I do even have a 40% win rate this season.
XIM APEX | PS5 | Xbox One X | Glorious Model O/Logitech G502 | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40/Logitech G35 | BenQ 144hz

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
I have experienced the Hemlock AR in Apex Legends jamming as well when in single fire. But I think it is because of the update to Apex Legends. I ran a rapid fire macro and it jams like every third bullet for a second, when before the latest update to Apex Legends it did not jam. I believe they implemented a rapid fire blocking code or something, BUT the problem with that is that I can click the mouse that fast and it jams under my non script clicking speed as well. It sucks. The code should not JAM the weapon it should just fire as fast as possible per click discarding the clicks over the dev's wanted fire rate.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks everyone. If these games are adding fire rate limits that would explain it for sure. I'm curious if there is a way to know for sure.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them, join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
Thanks everyone. If these games are adding fire rate limits that would explain it for sure. I'm curious if there is a way to know for sure.

Contact developers :D  just kidding
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline IAmVerbose

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: IAmVerbose

Well i mean for future proofing we could macro and time each shot and mark down findings of exact delays and then repeat for future game updates in order to know for sure. Apart from knowing the patch notes or noticing the feel by hand its hard to tell currently.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
Obsiv, movement aside, can you confirm if different beta firmwares have different aiming behavior? People are claiming some betas have better or worse aim and I want to know if thats actually a thing or not. Thanks.