XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM APEX - PS4 - Issue with key indicated as pressed non-stop  (Read 33 times)

Offline toini666

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: toini666
Hello,

I have an issue since today that is really driving me crazy.. For info I'm using xim apex on PS4.

Issue

I'm not able to use the circle button in my Playstation. When I open Xim apex manager application, below game picture, where you see the key pressed, I see non-top the keyboard C touch pressed. The result is:

• I can neither use the circle button from my controller nor the keyboard key assigned to circle button
  • I cannot assign any key from my keyboard in game config

What is non-sense is that:

• I can use all other buttons from my controllers
  • I can use all other actions from my keyboard (navigation, X, triangle, etc.)
  • The C key is not assigned to any action
  • If I connect my keyboard to my computer, C key works fine
  • If I disconnect my controller from Xim apex and use it normally, the circle button works fine
  • When I press circle button from my controller, I see the action in my application

What I have tried so far

• Upgrade to last firmware
  • Reset to factory my Xim Apex and restart from scratch
  • Tried another keyboard but reached the same result
  • Uninstall/reinstall the xim apex manager application

I'm running out of ideas.. It was working fine for the last months so I don't understand at all what happened.

Please help me if you have any idea!

Attached a screenshot of my app showing that the C key is pressed.
https://ibb.co/8gVmJKc
« Last Edit: 04:57 PM - 06/12/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing the picture. I understand that Manager is showing a keyboard press but in the past this has been related to the mouse. Does the issue happen with the mouse unplugged? If the issue stops then try pressing the mouse side and DPI buttons to potentially clear a jammed button.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline toini666

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: toini666
Thanks for the quick reply. It was indeed due to the mouse. I discovered it by plugging only the controller to xim apex. That's where I saw that it had disappeared. When connected the keyboard as well.

It's only when I plugged mouse that it was coming back so I clicked on the different mouse button and it disappeared so you were right!

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Of course, I'm glad it was an easy fix.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos