XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim Apex will not connect to my Xbox  (Read 157 times)

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] Xim Apex will not connect to my Xbox
« on: 09:50 AM - 06/12/19 »
Hello
I just recieved my Xim Apex yesterday which I bought from Amazon.  I was hoping to try this great product in which i have read so much about.  With No Luck!!!   I followed the setup watching the video to the tee.  Well that didn't work!  So, I have been trying to figure it out.  I have read all the forum post that are related to my problem and nothing seems to be working.  Then Xim Apex will not connect to my controller or Xbox.  I have tried 4 different cables to see if i might be a cable.  I have hooked up the Xbox controller to the Xbox with out a battery to see if the cable was the problem.  I works just fine.  I have even factory reset my Xim to see if that had something to do with it.  Which updated the firmware.  No matter what i do the Xim Apex will not reconize the controller.  It will not connect to the Xbox, it goes through it bootup and then never gives me the flasing green light telling me it is connected.  I'm getting fustrated.  I hope that someone can help with my problem.  Any help would be appreaciated.
« Last Edit: 08:59 AM - 06/13/19 by mist4fun »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex will not connect to my Xbox
« Reply #1 on: 10:10 AM - 06/12/19 »
Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you are having trouble and thanks for trying all those troubleshooting steps. Can you please try a different port on your hub and see if that makes a difference? If not, please plug your controller directly into your XIM APEX without the hub and let us know how that affects things.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex will not connect to my Xbox
« Reply #2 on: 10:42 AM - 06/12/19 »
Thank you for the reply

I have tried plugging the controller into the Xim Apex directly and still with no luck.  It still will not connect or power the controller.  I have also tried plugging the hub into my computer and everything works as it should.  Let me know what I should try next. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:07 AM - 06/12/19 »
Ok, thanks for trying that. When you plug your Xbox controller (without batteries) directly into your console, does the controller turn on automatically on it's own (without you pressing the guide button)?

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:13 AM - 06/12/19 »
Thank you for the reply

Yes, it does

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:20 AM - 06/12/19 »
Hmm, this is strange. So, you can see your mouse and keyboard in Manager and their button presses but, you can't see the controller at all?

Are you on our Beta? If not, can you try it?: http://xim.tech/beta

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:19 PM - 06/12/19 »
I can't see anything on the manager.   No controller, keyboard, and mouse.  I have tried setting up the XIM APEX again from scratch.   With no luck.   I once again tried connecting the controller and the XIM APEX together by itself and hooking it to the Xbox.  No luck.  I made sure that the hub is working correctly by taking and connecting it to my computer and everything works as it should.  I have tried hooking the hub back to the XIM APEX and still have no power to the controller or other devices.  To me, it seems like the XIM APEX output USB side is not giving power through it. 

When using the manager, it will hook up to the XIM APEX.  I can even program the XIM APEX and download my profile to it.  When I have everything hooked up, I see nothing in the manager saying that I have a controller, keyboard, or mouse hooked up. 

Is there a way to test if the XIM APEX USB output side is working correctly?

It may even have a short in the unit which is not letting this work correctly.  Or is there a setting I'm missing on the Xbox or the XIM APEX? 

Sorry for the long post.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 03:34 PM - 06/12/19 »
Yes, I agree, I does sounds like there is an issue with your XIM APEX's downstream USB port. You said you bought this off of Amazon. Was the box factory sealed? Did it look like a return? The reason I'm asking is because it's not possible for a XIM to leave our factory in this state because both ports are used to program and test the device.

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #8 on: 04:03 PM - 06/12/19 »
Do a hard reset.
Just, hold the Xbox button on the console for 15-20 seconds. It will clear the consoles cache.  (You can also just unplug the console for a few seconds instead)

I had the exact same issue when I first got my Apex, and tried to use it on my Xbox.

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:24 PM - 06/12/19 »
Thank you for the replies.

Well, installed the beta on the XIM APEX.  It work for about 1 second, now nothing again.

I did a hard reset and still nothing.  I'm back to square one.  LOL.

So, one good thing is that it did work for a second with the beta installed on the XIM APEX.  Maybe it's still a bad XIM.
When I recieved the XIM yesterday the package was not tampered with.  I broke the seal.  So, maybe i'm still not doing something right.  Any more help would be appreaciated. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:36 PM - 06/12/19 »
In case I missed it, have you tried using APEX in other ports on the console?

If this hasn't helped then we could check for a contact issue next. Try this order

console > hub > APEX > controller

We're hoping to see controller authentication lights from APEX. For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:46 PM - 06/12/19 »
I just tried connecting different ways.  I don't get the authentication lights now.  No green, green, green, green.

It will not power the controller at all.  It did only once when i changed to the beta firmware.  Now nothing happens again.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:02 PM - 06/12/19 »
Oh, I'm sorry that didn't help. Sometimes using an extension this way between console and APEX can help fix a contact issue. Unfortunately it does seem like a port or plug issue with your controller responding to the console in wired mode but not with APEX. If you would like to have your APEX inspected for repair please open a ticket with our store using the link below.

https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Tbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:12 PM - 06/12/19 »
Thank you for all your help.  I will try and send back for inspection. It's just my luck!!!!!   Maybe I just got a bad one.  That one in a Million bad one.  LOL

Thanks.