XIM Community

stick drift  (Read 253 times)

Offline teamjesus

• View Profile
stick drift
« on: 05:31 AM - 06/12/19 »
few weeks ago, I was having what I believe stick drift whenever I'm playing pubg on ps4 pro. character were starting to move very slowly to the left when I wasnt doing anything. moving right analog stick instantly solved this but it keeps occur time to time to the point I was tired of keep adjusting right analog stick. my dualshock 4 is in perfect condition and there isn't any problem with my keyboard and mouse. I make sure to set my both dead zone to 10 on in-game setting as well. what exactly is the problem here? I'm using titan connection usb to dualshock 4 by the way but I doubt this caused this. it's really annoying. can you guys please help me? it just seems getting worse and worse.

Offline Heriamly

• View Profile
Re: stick drift
« Reply #1 on: 09:45 PM - 06/12/19 »
I really like these things. Always trying to find information but didn't find the answer

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:20 PM - 06/13/19 »
It's simply that the stick on the DS4 isn't centering correctly. I get this sometimes on my Azeron and flicking the stick will typically resolve it.

You can fix it in Titan scripts. Ask for more info on the ConsoleTuner forums (deadzone correction).

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline teamjesus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:31 AM - 06/15/19 »
It's simply that the stick on the DS4 isn't centering correctly. I get this sometimes on my Azeron and flicking the stick will typically resolve it.

You can fix it in Titan scripts. Ask for more info on the ConsoleTuner forums (deadzone correction).

so should I buy new set of dualshock 4 then? and what do you mean by titan scripts? thks. also can I get a link for consoletuner forum? thks again. it's just driving me crazy cuz it happens during heat of the game very often.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 07:00 PM - 06/15/19 »
If it's happening all the time, you may want to pick up a new DS4.

Titan Two works with a XIM to add mods and macros. It can also add hardware compatibility, like using an Elite controller wirelessly on PS4, or using Fragpedals (foot pedals).

The stick drift can be neutralised in a script as it feeds through from the XIM Apex to the Titan Two and on to the console.This is a more expensive method than simply replacing the DS4, but a T2 also provides other significant gaming benefits.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:59 PM - 06/15/19 »

Titan Two works with a XIM to add mods and macros. It can also add hardware compatibility, like using an Elite controller wirelessly on PS4, or using Fragpedals (foot pedals).

The stick drift can be neutralised in a script as it feeds through from the XIM Apex to the Titan Two and on to the console.This is a more expensive method than simply replacing the DS4, but a T2 also provides other significant gaming benefits.
hey I know you still have a xim 4 laying around.  do a little test for me.  when I hook up apex and go into device monitor on t2 the right and left stick never rest at o. hooking up xim4 with same controller and nav. they go to 0 every single time. wonder why that is?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 01:55 AM - 06/16/19 »
That's the obfuscation to help mask XIM Apex from detection. It was added as part of the Fortnite aftermath. The code isn't on XIM4, which is why it registers at 0.

You don't notice the obfuscation while using a XIM Apex by itself because the values are well below the deadzone threshold of the ST. However, when stacked with anti-recoil functions on a T2, the difference between 25 and 30 can be significant.

Offline teamjesus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:03 AM - 06/16/19 »

thank you. I just wanna let you know one more thing though. i play bf4 here and there and it seems bf4 doesn't have this problem at all. it's just pubg that has stick drift. in this case do you think it's still dualshock 4?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 06:08 AM - 06/16/19 »
Try installing the latest beta XIM Apex firmware and XIM Manager app with SAB set to 0 and see if it still drifts in PUBG - https://xim.tech/beta.