XIM Community

[Q/A] Does my mouse have to have on board memory?  (Read 70 times)

Offline FixDoesCaptchaQuestionsXD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OsterJP
Does my mouse have to have on board memory?

I was going to get a mouse with on board memory just so I can use macros but I found out on a YouTube channel called XIMGameplay that my mouse has to have on board memory even if I’m not planning to use macros. The person in the video said that I need to have on board memory so I can save the dpi and hz settings.

Is this correct?

Is this an official channel?
« Last Edit: 09:04 AM - 06/12/19 by mist4fun »

Offline bt1740

• View Profile
Re: Does my mouse have to have on board memory?
« Reply #1 on: 06:52 AM - 06/12/19 »
this is partly correct, it depends on the mouse.

yes, in order to save dpi settings and hz settings IF the mouse has software it needs to have onboard memory. one exception I can think of is the razer deathadder DOESNT have onboard memory, but whatever dpi and hz you select it will stay even if you unplug it and plug it into your xim. Although if you click the dpi button itll go back to the default dpi value.

it honestly depends on the brand, tell me what mouse youre thinking of getting and ill let you know

most logitech mice (the new ones atleast, g305 gpro g502 g pro wireless g403 g703 g900/g903) have onboard memory
zowie mice doesnt need software so it "technically" has onboard memory w no macro support
razer mice dont (i think, i know the deathadder doesnt 100% but dpi and hz will stay)
steelseries have onboard (latest mice)

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Does my mouse have to have on board memory?
« Reply #2 on: 02:05 PM - 06/12/19 »
Does the Razer Mamba Elite have on board memory?

You also gave an answer in my other post about what mouse should I get so if the answer for the above question is “yes” I will ask the people in the other post for their opinion.

Offline bt1740

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:06 PM - 06/12/19 »
Does the Razer Mamba Elite have on board memory?

You also gave an answer in my other post about what mouse should I get so if the answer for the above question is “yes” I will ask the people in the other post for their opinion.

as per my post, dpi saves, rgb doesnt (?), macros dont

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:59 AM - 06/13/19 »
All gaming mice store DPI and polling on-board.

What may not store on-board is RGB lighting, macros, custom bindings and sensitivity stages. This is true of older Razer mice. More recent Razer mice offer full on-board memory.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:36 PM - 06/13/19 »
All gaming mice store DPI and polling on-board.

What may not store on-board is RGB lighting, macros, custom bindings and sensitivity stages. This is true of older Razer mice. More recent Razer mice offer full on-board memory.

Do you know if the Razer Mamba Elite offers full on-board memory?