XIM Community

What are the best PS4 games to play with Xim Apex ?  (Read 698 times)

Offline Drakedog

• View Profile
I recently ordered the Xim Apex and have it to be delivered yet. I play Apex legends, Titanfall 2, Siege and Overwatch. I wanted to ask what games you play the most with the Xim ?

Offline sss802

• View Profile
Re: What are the best PS4 games to play with Xim Apex ?
« Reply #1 on: 03:26 PM - 05/28/19 »
call of duty battlefield games always run good on xim.Right now I play apex legends with odins settings.Also days gone runs well on it.just got to figure out what sensitivity I need to use and how to use the wheel well with mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:08 PM - 05/28/19 »
Any game with a strong foundation on PC for m/kb input that uses an established game engine will play well on console (Call of Duty, Battlefield, Titanfall, Apex Legends etc using id, Unreal, Frostbite engines).

Games designed for console and ported to PC tend to perform worse (Destiny, Overwatch, Division etc).

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 03:08 AM - 05/29/19 »
OBsIV designed the XIM so that he could play Halo on the Xbox with a mouse.

Although he has changed the commercial device many times over the years, the XIM still remains focused on playing first person shooters on console with a mouse. That's not to say that you can't play adventure, role-playing and even strategy games on console with a XIM, but the look mechanics in those games are not optimised for accuracy and so the XIM fares less well with them.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, Titanfall, Far Cry, Borderlands, Doom... any game where the aim is to shoot as many bad guys as possible play excellently with the Apex.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:18 AM - 02/12/20 »

Games designed for console and ported to PC tend to perform worse (Destiny, Overwatch, Division etc).

For OW itís the other way around, itís a PC game ported to console. Blizzard is a PC game developer with most of their games only available on PC (WoW, HoTS, Starcraft, Hearthstone etc.) but a few have been ported to console such as OW and Diablo 3

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:45 AM - 02/12/20 »
Hereís a vid of a BlizzCon attendee asking if OW would be on console and they told him that it would be cool if OW was on console but all they can say is that it will definitely be on PC (meaning they developed OW for PC first)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8HUFhCBTXw&app=desktop&t=1h19m14s
« Last Edit: 06:53 AM - 02/12/20 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:30 AM - 02/12/20 »
EA DICE are the "best port" with or without AA, CoD's too but messy with AA.

Mainly FPS shooters. I know sounds too general but I don't play that much or many games, but one thing I can tell you for sure after trying more than 4 mouse and keyboard devices, XIM Apex or XIM4 are by far the closest to native mouse PC and keyboard and outstanding precision, on any game I tried.

Offline ProjectA2O

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:34 PM - 02/12/20 »
FPS are the obvious choice but it works well with everything I've tried so far. Its not perfect but its @#$% close. Lately I've been playing RDR2, GTA5, Horizon ZD, Gears of War all work great with some specific set up required.