XIM Community

The 2 new features that would be revolutionary  (Read 474 times)

Offline Kazlux

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kazlux
  • PSN ID: Kazlux
The 2 new features that would be revolutionary
« on: 05:11 PM - 05/26/19 »
I love the Xim products, but if I could add anything,I would do anything to have an update that adds the following:
- Rapidfire/ repeat toggle
It would be amazing to be able to just hold my mouse and have the semi auto weapons in for feel full auto.
- multikey. I have a few games with scenarios where I would love two deperate keys to do the same thing, but alas the Xim config is 1 key,1 button :(

Is there a possibility we could see these integrated in the near future?
Thank you so much!
Your fan, Kaz

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: The 2 new features that would be revolutionary
« Reply #1 on: 06:18 PM - 05/26/19 »
Thanks for the feature requests! We won't be adding macros/scripts/rapidfire as these enable you to do things that you physically can't do on a controller. But, can you do the second thing you want to do by enabling Expert settings.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Kazlux

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kazlux
  • PSN ID: Kazlux
« Reply #2 on: 01:46 AM - 05/27/19 »
It's a shame we can't have macros :(
I don't understand the development choice to stick to inly what a controller does when you can buy controllers with the feature.

I have expert mode enabled on my Xim Apex but do not see the options to map the same tasks to separate keys. I Have a toggle option to have different sensitivity and auxiliarys for that as well.
I would like my mouse wheel to shoot,as well as my left click, but choosing one, deselects the other ... Am I missing something?

Offline PersiFN

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Youtube_ziPersi
« Reply #3 on: 01:48 AM - 05/27/19 »
It's a shame we can't have macros :(
I don't understand the development choice to stick to inly what a controller does when you can buy controllers with the feature.

I have expert mode enabled on my Xim Apex but do not see the options to map the same tasks to separate keys. I Have a toggle option to have different sensitivity and auxiliarys for that as well.
I would like my mouse wheel to shoot,as well as my left click, but choosing one, deselects the other ... Am I missing something?

Under the tab were u bind ur keys u can Switch from primary to secondary

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 01:50 AM - 05/27/19 »
We can have macros, but not direct on the XIM. XIM's function is to allow alternative input, like a steering wheel or arcade stick. Adding macros takes XIM into the realm of cheating and puts it at potential risk of a device-level block. It's an ethical position from XIM Tech that will not change.

If you want macros, look at XIM Link, Titan One or Titan Two.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #5 on: 01:00 PM - 08/19/19 »
we dont need cheat keys.... Go to a pc if you want to cheat.

PS I can rapid fire single shot weapons no problem on both controller and mouse. Practice

Tonnes of button mashing days starting back with Atari. Mostly though it was Ice Hockey for NES. I dare anyone to get in a fight with me in that game hahaha.

Offline Fidan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:13 AM - 09/12/19 »
Thanks for the feature requests! We won't be adding macros/scripts/rapidfire as these enable you to do things that you physically can't do on a controller. But, can you do the second thing you want to do by enabling Expert settings.
Split fish also has rapid fire and they are licensed.
I understand that xim does not support the features.  But I think over the time, controllers will also evolve, Marco support, deadzone etc.