Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Pre-order?
« on: 01:13 PM - 01/02/11 »
I know all projects are funded with $$ and people.  Wouldn't pre-order give you a great idea for how many people are going to buy and give you a little extra funding?  Even if it is just a $100 for a seat with possibly more due later you'd have me hook line and sinker.

Offline troysloth

• MVP
  • Semper Fi, Do or Die, OORAH!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
Re: Pre-order?
« Reply #1 on: 01:42 PM - 01/02/11 »
I was thinking the same thing.  Have a pre-order with $100 non-refundable deposit with the rest due at release.  That way you don't have to set the price yet.  It would give you a good idea of those who are really serious about purchasing the XIM3 at release.  You do that and you will have my money immediately.
Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, Retired (1984-2004)
Distinguished Marksman 1993, Distinguished Pistol Shot 2002

Marine Corps Marksmanship:  You can run, but you will just die tired.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."  John J. Pershing, General, United States Army, World War 1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan, 1985

Offline Jacob P41N

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: akdov 4670
« Reply #2 on: 01:46 PM - 01/02/11 »
I think if the developers honestly believed they were going to hit MAJOR paydirt with this product (which they are [I hope]). Wouldn't you think a loan is more proffessional and easier to manage then hundreds or thousands of customer that you each owe a debt.

Just saying.... they've said no pre-orders, up to this point.

Mouse: CM Sentinel Storm
Keyboard: Laser Wolf Claw
Audio: Razer thresher
Console: Xbox One
Monitor: Asus 22" VW227D
Gaming Surface: Razer Goliathus 440x355

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: 02:47 PM - 01/02/11 »
A pre-order isn't really about a micro loan from customers as much as it is to give you a realistic number for how many will sell.

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:13 PM - 01/02/11 »
OBsIV has already said a few times there will be no pre-order. He also said there will be more produced in this first batch than all the XIM2s that were sold, http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=7617.msg83174#msg83174
3 posts that cover pre-order:
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=7688.msg84478#msg84478
There are topics all over about this, and you gave him a fish. Teach him to fish.
Amazing the things you can learn if you read for a few hours.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 04:04 PM - 01/02/11 »
Correct, no preorders. Maybe on future batches, but, not the first.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:16 AM - 01/03/11 »
Correct, no preorders. Maybe on future batches, but, not the first.
Thanks OBsIV... I'd expect trying to get the webcode/infrastructure in place would delay things further, so I appreciate you going balls to the wall to just get the first batch ready and out there ASAP.

Offline sleetish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:32 PM - 01/03/11 »
How about a "thank you for making it possible for me to game again" paypal donation page? 

All my PC gaming friends have abandoned me and I refuse to move from something as precise as a mouse to the stupid controller.

At this point, I kind of just want to give you money for being awesome.

Also, thanks for all the information you've put out about this device during the build.  I'm into electronics as well, and it's been really nice to be able to see a lot of the problems/solutions you've worked through on this device.

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:52 AM - 01/04/11 »

The more sites the better. People ask me all the time how they can help the XIM project. Most times they offer donations or talents. I greatly appreciate that! But, I always tell them the best way they can help is to spread the word.
Hey everyone, I *really* appreciate that people want to show their support for the project, but, there will be no donation option.

The best way you can help is to spread the word when XIM3 ships and help support others through this site. Both are very valuable to me. :)
There are topics all over about this, and you gave him a fish. Teach him to fish.
Amazing the things you can learn if you read for a few hours.

Admin