XIM Community

Nav + More Mouse Buttons = Magic  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Dice

• MVP
  • Another Australian
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DRYIYC
  • PSN ID: DRYIYC
Re: Nav + More Mouse Buttons = Magic
« Reply #30 on: 07:45 PM - 01/02/11 »
Obsiv, can we expect to use the Nav wireless? I know right now a USB cable will have to be connected. The reason I am asking is because I can't seem to find a for sure answer anywhere, and knowing the answer changes what I purchase to use with the Xim3.

If the Nav will never be supported wireless, I plan on buying a G13 or possibly a Nostromo. But if it is going to be supported eventually, I am hands down buying a Nav instead. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

As far as I know the official word is that it is something he will look into once he had the time but no promises at this point.

I went and got one the other day tho and once I had it in my hand I knew I had done the right thing. It feels so natural in my hand. For gaming on my lounge it will be a god send.
A controller is a handicap.
Can I be honest here -- you guys are starting to drive me a little nuts. Can I please just add the features we talked about and then you all *try* them and decide if you really need all this new stuff you are asking for now?

Offline Taylor D1350

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Taylor D1350
« Reply #31 on: 09:30 PM - 01/02/11 »
Can someone tell me what kid of usb cable i will need to use the nav with? when i buy the nav, does it come with it?

komrad

« Reply #32 on: 09:45 PM - 01/02/11 »
You'll need the same one that comes with the XIM3. USB to Mini USB. Same one most cameras use and it doesn't come with the controller.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030302&p_id=5448&seq=1&format=2#description

I think that's the right one.

Offline Taylor D1350

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Taylor D1350
« Reply #33 on: 10:48 PM - 01/02/11 »
Thanks, i have a few of those in my house somewhere :)

Offline Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:20 PM - 01/02/11 »
I'm gonna buy the PS3 Nav controller for the XIM but I would like to also use it for PC games.
Does anyone know if it's compatible with a PC in some way?

komrad

« Reply #35 on: 11:40 PM - 01/02/11 »
Yeah, same way it's used right now with XIM2. You need to download the PS3 Sixaxis drivers... I forgot the exact website, but CrossCrucial posted his edited version with the right pID for it to work.

Offline MiniFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:50 PM - 01/02/11 »
I'm gonna buy the PS3 Nav controller for the XIM but I would like to also use it for PC games.
Does anyone know if it's compatible with a PC in some way?

This should work for you. It did for me in Windows 7 32-bit.

http://forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?p=3492&f=5#p3492

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:15 PM - 01/03/11 »
I really wish that I'd known that XIM3 would support the Move Navigation Controller a little earlier.  I bought a Zowie EC1 to use with it and I'm regretting it a little bit.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great mouse but it doesn't have many buttons.  It plus the Move Navigation Controller has the exact amount of buttons needed to emulate a 360 controller, but not enough for on-the-fly profile switching.  Sigh.

Offline iamjustin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04:24 PM - 01/03/11 »
I really wish that I'd known that XIM3 would support the Move Navigation Controller a little earlier.  I bought a Zowie EC1 to use with it and I'm regretting it a little bit.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great mouse but it doesn't have many buttons.  It plus the Move Navigation Controller has the exact amount of buttons needed to emulate a 360 controller, but not enough for on-the-fly profile switching.  Sigh.

As long as you're willing to keep the controller nearby enough to reach the seldom used buttons (back, start) you should be fine with the combo you have.

Offline dj_sn1pa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:30 PM - 01/03/11 »
We've fixed a bug that lifts the 5-button restriction on mice. We still need to do more testing to make sure all mice encode these extra buttons in the same way, but, overall it's looking good.

I was concerned about the Sony Move Navigation controller due to it's lack of quickly accessible buttons. But, combined now with full button availability of my mouse (in my case, 10 quickly accessible buttons on my G500) it's a really awesome way to play Xbox.

Many of you prefer keyboards over all else, but, for those that prefer analog movement, this is a highly recommended config for XIM3.

hey obsiv, is that Sony Move Navigation controller good for FPS games like call of duty? does it work better than a keyboard?
LONG LIVE XIM 2!

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:51 PM - 01/03/11 »
As long as you're willing to keep the controller nearby enough to reach the seldom used buttons (back, start) you should be fine with the combo you have.

That's a good point.  There goes another $30.

Offline iamjustin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05:16 PM - 01/03/11 »
That's a good point.  There goes another $30.

I'm happy to have done my part today to spur on the continued consumption required by our capitalist overlords. :D

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:18 PM - 01/03/11 »
I'm happy to have done my part today to spur on the continued consumption required by our capitalist overlords. :D

You're a one-man Stimulus Package.