XIM Community

Xbox One To StreamLabs High Quality  (Read 1303 times)

Offline RichieScan

• View Profile
Xbox One To StreamLabs High Quality
« on: 06:29 PM - 07/27/19 »
Hey,
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced laptop for high quality Xbox one streaming to StreamLabs along with a capture card?

I hear a lot of good things about Elgato but Iíve also read that the ďAvermedia GC553 Live Gamer ultra, 4Kp 60HDR 31.usbĒ is really good for Xbox streaming. Any help is appreciated people 🙏 👍

Ps I have an Xbox one X and a pretty rubbish laptop about 3 years old. I ran some system requirement checks on my laptop to see if it was able to use an Elgato HD60 and it came back that it wasnít. I read a comment on Reddit implying that the Xbox does most of the work and the laptop just passes it on. Does that mean although my laptops not great it could still use an Elgato alongside an Xbox one X? The comment i read is below

ďI ended up buying an Elgato game capture (HD60 Pro) and have my xbox pass through that. The gaming is done on the xbox leaving my mediocre computer to just pass on the data to the twitch/mixer/youtube.Ē

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xbox One To StreamLabs High Quality
« Reply #1 on: 07:06 PM - 07/27/19 »
Youíre not going to get high quality streaming on a laptop. Spend less money on a more capable desktop with a GTX1060 or better card. Use Nvenc encoder and you should be fine. Otherwise youíll be dropping frames and be unimpressed with the result.

Or save some dough and just use the built-in console streaming to start with, then invest when you have a following to support it.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RichieScan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:53 AM - 07/28/19 »
Thanks for the reply @antithesis

So is that the only two requirements Iíd need for a high quality stream from Xbox to pc? Apart from a capture card of course. Sorry Iím a bit of a noob and thereís so many options when buying pcs Iím afraid Iíll get to be which doesnít fit the bill lol

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:02 PM - 07/28/19 »
This is how i was able to steam using a bad laptop and xbox streaming service with streamlabs.

This requires 2 monitors.

I made a dummy twitch account on my xbox and streamed this account to my pc using the twitch app.

I would set my pc to stretch my monitors to 2 screens. Open up the twitch app and watch my stream in full screen on one monitor.

Then sense that is all set up, i would open OBS stream labs, capture from that monitor to OBS, add my over lays, log into my MAIN twitch and mixer, and stream just like that. It worked in 1080p, a few hick ups because i did not have fast internet but it was clear and beautiful.

Offline RichieScan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:46 PM - 07/28/19 »
Thatís interesting @havoxxx. Iím a little confused by it but it sounds like something similar I do but with more success. Do you use a capture card I assume? And Iím on mixer would that make a difference?

So I connect my Xbox to my Xbox app on laptop by stream then I set one to capture game and select the Xbox app window, but the quality of the stream is very poor to say the least(however when streaming directly from Xbox to mixer quality is fine). I ran some system tests to see if my laptop could run a Elgato HD60s but it said it couldnít, however as it would be the Xbox doing the gaming I wondered if it would?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:09 PM - 07/29/19 »
Thatís interesting @havoxxx. Iím a little confused by it but it sounds like something similar I do but with more success. Do you use a capture card I assume? And Iím on mixer would that make a difference?

So I connect my Xbox to my Xbox app on laptop by stream then I set one to capture game and select the Xbox app window, but the quality of the stream is very poor to say the least(however when streaming directly from Xbox to mixer quality is fine). I ran some system tests to see if my laptop could run a Elgato HD60s but it said it couldnít, however as it would be the Xbox doing the gaming I wondered if it would?

No you got it all wrong lol.

On the Xbox one you run twitch app and stream to twitch with a dummy account. On your PC you run the twitch app and go full screen and then stream with obs to your second account.

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:31 PM - 07/30/19 »
Here is a picture fyi.

To make a overlay for the camera, you need to make sure you have it where the camera is located in the stream from the console. lets say bottom left, you would make the overlay for that exact position. This also requires a at least 15 mb upload speed. I recommend doing a speed test to see if you can stream two time and still play with out lag.

Offline RichieScan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:26 PM - 07/31/19 »
Thanks a lot for the reply @havoxx and the effort you put in for it lol I understand you now thatís a good idea... so what source would that be on StreamLabs? Right now I use game capture to capture the Xbox app... would it be display capture? I will definitely try it tonight. I am going to buy a new PC next week with a great 1070gtx graphics card are those any good for gaming on pc out of curiosity? I know there is 2060 and 2070 out but how does the 1070 compare? Any idea

Admin