XIM Community

“You kno it’s XIM by looking at the killcam”  (Read 1691 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
Then I explain that XIM is restricted to the same movement and turn speed as a controller and that there is no movement/turn speed that you can do with XIM that you cannot do with a controller. The response? “No cuz i just kno cuz im a high rank” i swear arguing with these ppl is like arguing with a brick
« Last Edit: 08:43 PM - 05/22/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
Re: “You kno it’s XIM by looking at the killcam”
« Reply #1 on: 08:27 AM - 05/16/19 »
I’d have to agree with them. Not 100%, but if using a high sens you can tell it’s a XIM by the moment. Jittery back and forth movements, and other behaviors. Now if it’s a low sense player it’s not easy to discern.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:47 AM - 05/16/19 »
I’d have to agree with them. Not 100%, but if using a high sens you can tell it’s a XIM by the moment. Jittery back and forth movements, and other behaviors. Now if it’s a low sense player it’s not easy to discern.
Sure if it’s jittery and just looks unnatural. But how many ppl actually play with wonky settings like that? Don’t most XIMers try to avoid jittery unstable mouse behavior? And the person I was talking about this with was a high SR Overwatch player and I would think players in that range aren’t gonna have high sens on their Widow. At least the high ranked players on here that I’ve seen who shared settings had low sens so it won’t be jittering

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:52 AM - 05/16/19 »
Oh ya I agree with that bro. It’s very hard to tell, and only a Ximmer would know best. A normie would just call it XIM when they get stomped! Per usual.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:57 AM - 05/16/19 »
A normie would just call it XIM when they get stomped! Per usual.

Exactly, that’s what this person was saying. Any Widow player who is “too good” in their eyes is automatically using XIM because there’s just no possible way they could be better than him/her with a controller. The Egos of these high SR players i tell ya

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:03 AM - 05/16/19 »
Such fragile egos... it’s embarassing.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:37 PM - 05/16/19 »
If they look like the crosshairs moves in patterns like it seems he can draw or write on the screen is XIM.

Offline Angel1809

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Angel1809_1999
« Reply #7 on: 04:12 PM - 05/16/19 »
Now adays its kind of hard to tell, unless like you said if its jittery then yes but there are soooo many console players who are actually good and use really high sens...since bo1 I got used to using max sens and so I've always used really high sens on all of the games that I buy.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:25 PM - 05/16/19 »
If they look like the crosshairs moves in patterns like it seems he can draw or write on the screen is XIM.
Just because it moves in “patterns” or “seems” like they can “draw or write” on the screen doesn’t guarantee that they are using XIM. There’s really no way of knowing 100% that a player is using XIM, devs/Sony can’t tell and neither can players. Players in overwatch for example just accuse any good widow player of being a xim user with absolutely zero proof/evidence other than “they’re too good to be on controller”

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:36 PM - 05/16/19 »
Sony and MS can tell it’s a XIM, I believe. Search it up, it’s quite interesting. They have released APIs for game devs, putting the burden on the game, not the console, yet. Hasn’t happened yet, but could. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:33 AM - 05/17/19 »
“am always 100% right“ I kinda find that hard to believe but then again i don’t play CoD, RB6 or Fort so I won’t argue about that. However, in Overwatch the Controller players (who by the way know absolutely nothing about XIM or M&K) just accuse anyone who is really good or popping off of being a M&K when in reality 99% of the time it’s just someone who is good with controller.

You do realize how small of a minority XIM users are compared to controller users right? It’s literally like less than 1% since OBsIV said less than 1 million XIMS have been sold. The chances of running into a XIM are extremely low.

“Sony/MS always know who is using unauthorized hardware” I’ve heard both, that they can’t detect it/can detect it. I believe i read somewhere on this very forum that it’s not detectable and i think it was antithesis (who’s pretty dang knowledgeable) I have heard about how MS has software available for developers to allow them to block XIM but it hasn’t happened yet so probably nothing to worry about
« Last Edit: 06:25 AM - 05/17/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:28 AM - 05/17/19 »
Depends on a users in game settings but you can usually tell. High sens with quick, short micromovements is a giveaway in overwatch

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:38 PM - 05/17/19 »
the xim is tied to the limitations of a controller. So there is literally nothing a xim can do that a controller cant. Some controller users are really really skilled
Thank you for being the first person to actually understand this. I’m surprised that so many ximmers are on the “you can tell by watching kill cam” side. It’s a fact that XIM has the same limitations/restrictions as a controller. We also know how small the XIM community is compared to the overall controller playerbase so it’s honestly quite silly to be throwing out assertions of ppl using XIM left and right. However, i rest my case
« Last Edit: 02:52 PM - 05/17/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:44 PM - 05/17/19 »
Just because it moves in “patterns” or “seems” like they can “draw or write” on the screen doesn’t guarantee that they are using XIM. There’s really no way of knowing 100% that a player is using XIM, devs/Sony can’t tell and neither can players. Players in overwatch for example just accuse any good widow player of being a xim user with absolutely zero proof/evidence other than “they’re too good to be on controller”

Analog movement is very linear and uniform. Mouse movement is not, mouse emulation has better and more define micro-movements, even for the trained/naked eye is noticeable. I mean if this wasn't true is like saying that controller and XIM has the same performance and we know that is not true, yes is not PC but we have better precision, is the right tool for the job.

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:53 PM - 05/17/19 »
In cod or bf you can easily tell if a person is ximming by watching the killcam.

Controler users turn in a very distinct, linear / robotic way whereas xim players turn smooth. This difference can be seen in a killcam (you don't need a jittery config to get spotted as a xim user)

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun