XIM Community

Passthrough of mouse movement on Xim Apex  (Read 440 times)

Offline bcall

• View Profile
Passthrough of mouse movement on Xim Apex
« on: 04:03 AM - 08/15/19 »
update:  someone on the other forum just explained that everything from xim is going to look like an analog stick since the pc will think xim is an xbox controller.  My hopes are shattered.  :)  I tried to delete this post but that doesn't seem to be possible.

I posted on the xim apex forum to see if this was already possible and the response was that it isn't.  I'd like to ask if this is something that might be added.

Could you create a smart translator that simply passes the mouse movements along unaltered (the profile would be called something like Mouse Passthrough, rather than a game name)?  The reason I ask is that I'd like to connect my xim apex to my pc (with sony nav and g502 connected to the xim as I do for xbox) to play games.  For example, now that Destiny 2 is going to have cross save, I plan to go back and forth between xbox and pc and I'd like to have the controls be identical (thus using xim on pc to get xbox button mappings on the g502) but I'd also like to have the pure mouse movements on pc.  I'd also like to do this on other games because I generally prefer the way pc games assign xbox controller schemes rather than the keyboard mouse control schemes (probably because I play mostly on xbox with xim).  The software controller emulators out there that might let me do something like this are all quite flawed, but my xim would be perfect for this.

If creating such a game profile wouldn't be possible, is there a particular existing smart translator (i.e., game profile) that would be best to use for such a purpose?  I imagine some smart translators alter the mouse behavior more than others.  Would any of the other xim tools (ballistic curves...) be helpful for this?

Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: 04:11 AM - 08/15/19 by bcall »