XIM Community

Would it be possible to add a reset feature?  (Read 915 times)

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
Would it be possible to add a reset feature?
« on: 08:20 PM - 05/15/19 »
Is it possible to add a feature to restart the xim without removing it from the console? Its sort of annoying having to go to my xbox whenever I change hz or have to restart it for some reason and it would reduce the wear from unplugging and plugging it back in alot. I can understand if its not possible just an idea that I think would be helpful!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Would it be possible to add a reset feature?
« Reply #1 on: 02:15 AM - 05/16/19 »
Or you could just buy an in-line switch?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica AD700, Modmic 5, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:01 PM - 05/16/19 »
That cable has no data lines, it's power only. I sell similar cables with data lines and they're harder to find.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:05 AM - 05/30/19 »
Well spotted, young man. In that case, I'd suggest one of these, unless OP is Australian, in which case he should buy one of these

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica AD700, Modmic 5, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 PM - 05/30/19 »
Lol.

BTW, I'm almost finished the new site. The current one isn't my best work, I had to rush it up in time for Xmas and used a *gag* template for the job. Horrible, horrible code. The new site is hand-crafted and is a vast improvement :) I'm hoping to launch it in a few days.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:24 PM - 05/30/19 »
Lol.

BTW, I'm almost finished the new site. The current one isn't my best work, I had to rush it up in time for Xmas and used a *gag* template for the job. Horrible, horrible code. The new site is hand-crafted and is a vast improvement :) I'm hoping to launch it in a few days.

wait you think it looks bad?
i really like the design, curious to see how much better it can get now lol!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 12:38 AM - 05/31/19 »
It's baaaaaaad. Lots of code bloat, terrible theme templates, bland design and dirty hacks by the dozen to get it working properly.

Never use a prebuilt theme in WordPress, it's just asking for trouble. They're always poorly built, hard to customise and break expected functionality. Unfortunately I had little choice at the time - I was waiting for the release of WordPress 5 and WooCommerce 3.5, but it dragged on too long and I needed a site in December.

Here's a couple of (compressed) screenies of the new site - https://imgur.com/a/v218Vem. This one I've built myself from scratch, which takes quite a bit longer with better results. The basic format is similar, but it's cleaner, brighter and more interactive. The site looks equally good on tablet and smartphone, unlike the current site.

Each platform has its own hero header and colour scheme (all other pages have purple headers). Product Finder is active in the PS4 image (the filter is Category = Mouse & Keyboard + Brand = XIM). Product Search is active on XB1 (search is XIM).

I'm down to the single product templates, then I need to add dozens of new products. It should be good to go next week. It's a lot more scalable too - I'll be adding video games and PC gear in the near future, which will flesh out the product catalogue into the hundreds.

There's also an Affiliate section coming to help Aussie Twitch streamers / YouTubers earn a little dough, as well as Blog stuff, which will lead into YouTube video production...big plans and lots of work to do. No time for gaming or streaming lately, that'll start up again once I nail down these last few bits of the new site.

Sorry for derailing the thread!
« Last Edit: 02:14 AM - 05/31/19 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:01 AM - 05/31/19 »
Glad you decided to keep the clean look. Looks very professional.

Shame you don't ship to the UK: I'd buy some stuff just to support you. I know how tough it can be to start up a new business.

Where's HL3?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:44 AM - 05/31/19 »
wow that looks clean! If i ever have to create a webstore ill have to hire you as a consultant haha!
Also already wondered about your streaming schedule, ive left a follow a while ago but you didnt popup in the online list so far ;).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 01:54 PM - 05/31/19 »
Thanks gents. My background is user experience design, so clean, simple, functional, accessible and fast has always my methodology. I've done everything myself, apart from the logo animation.

It's important to be mobile-friendly as over half of web traffic is via smartphones these days. That comes with limitations on design and it's best to stick to the grid for broadest compatibility (mobile-first design).

I noticed you dropped a follow recently Od1n, thanks :) At this point it's food before fun and short-term pain for long-term gain. The new site is likely to double business, but i'll get back to streaming asap as it also lifts sales.

Onwards and upwards, I'll post a thread when the site goes live.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:30 AM - 06/01/19 »
Lol.

wait you think it looks bad?
i really like the design, curious to see how much better it can get now lol!
Same, he's too picky.  ;)  The new coded site imgs look awesome.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:32 AM - 06/01/19 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 03:36 PM - 06/01/19 »
That'll work fine boost, but note that it's 2ft long. Not a big deal, it's just a longer cable :)

Same, he's too picky.   The new coded site imgs look awesome.
I've been building ecommerce sites for over 20 years, there are standards to uphold ;) The new site's much better, I'll be a pig in poo once it goes live.

I'm down to adding content to a column on the product page and tweaking the checkout for conversion optimisation. The current site converts at 5% (very good for ecom), but the new one should beat that handsomely. The biggest challenge is condensing content into bite-sized chunks, especially for mobile.
« Last Edit: 03:44 PM - 06/01/19 by antithesis »

Offline Normadah

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XXL DeM1zE LXx
  • PSN ID: Troggles
Would it be possible to add a reset feature
« Reply #13 on: 06:44 AM - 08/18/19 »
This suggestion is self-explanatory. It seems like any forum Ive been to besides SJ has one of these. I would like to introduce myself to other members and Im sure everyone else would too.
Thanks.

;-)

Offline Normadah

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XXL DeM1zE LXx
  • PSN ID: Troggles
Would it be possible to add a reset feature
« Reply #14 on: 06:45 AM - 08/18/19 »
This suggestion is self-explanatory. It seems like any forum Ive been to besides SJ has one of these. I would like to introduce myself to other members and Im sure everyone else would too.
Thanks.

;-)