XIM Community

I'm too fast for my Xim... Fortnite  (Read 366 times)

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
I'm too fast for my Xim... Fortnite
« on: 07:45 AM - 05/15/19 »
So in fortnite, when I'm editing quickly, it feels like my controls don't always register or Im pressing keys too fast. However, when i use xim on my pc, i dont have that issue.

Im on xbox one x by the way.

For example, If i try to edit, select, then confirm. Sometimes, it doesnt do it. Any ideas?

G502 mouse, 500hrtz
Corsair RGB K55

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
Re: I'm too fast for my Xim... Fortnite
« Reply #1 on: 07:50 AM - 05/15/19 »
Fortnite on console has LOTS of input lag. there isn't a fix that we can do.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #2 on: 08:30 AM - 05/15/19 »
Its frame rate.

Hence why every competitve controller player plays on PC.

I don't think a single console player has ever won anything, its simply not possible to compete with the hz frame rate etc

Offline Mathdebeast

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NormiesQC
« Reply #3 on: 01:00 PM - 05/15/19 »
@d1sable ...  you don't need more then 60 fps to play competitive the only problem is that most console cant be stable at 60fps in arena/scrim/tournament

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:06 PM - 05/15/19 »
Well yeah it still stands, the frame rate lag means you can't compete at the highest level. The proof is in the pudding. Can do fine outside of that.

Offline Mathdebeast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:08 PM - 05/15/19 »
frame rate lag?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:26 PM - 05/15/19 »
Frame rate difference

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Mathdebeast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:04 PM - 05/15/19 »
In my opinion , as long as you have 60 fps on PC its good , the only problem on console is : input lag , vsync , not actual mouse mouvements and [email protected]

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:27 PM - 05/15/19 »
Wow, how toxic are those "competitive" players nice example for the younglings.

I'm PC player first I have a very nice rig, there is no need to look down console gamers like that.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Yeyian Spark Keyboard - e-Sports Ventus R - Zowie G-SR

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:09 PM - 05/15/19 »

I'm PC player first I have a very nice rig, there is no need to look down console gamers like that.

Forreal lol, that was brutal. What a di#k...

Offline Crushtaculer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Crushtaculer
« Reply #11 on: 07:51 AM - 05/17/19 »
In my opinion , as long as you have 60 fps on PC its good , the only problem on console is : input lag , vsync , not actual mouse mouvements and [email protected]

In my experience there is a very noticable difference between 60 fps and 120 or 144 fps.  120 fps to 240 fps performance seems very minimal though. I think 144 is the sweet spot for cost to performance.  I just wish console makers would realize we dont need 8k or even 4k resolution, give us 120 or 144 fps at 1080p. It would be a much better gaming experience then 8k30 or 4k60 they seem to be aiming for with next gen.

Offline HansZimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:19 PM - 05/17/19 »

He is being honest, its just tough love, what he said is not about PC vs Console, its about players who want to be COMPETITIVE on console AGAINST PC PLAYERS, it is normal in Arena mode Fornite for console players to be matches against PC players and all tournaments are on PC, so they need to be told that they have no chance, 60fps on PC has 20ms input lag as per RTSS, 60fps on console has up to 70ms according to tests, thats too high and not competitive, its terrible and the sooner those who want to be professional players understand that, the better.

Offline idkwtf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:25 PM - 05/17/19 »

Console shouldn't be put against pc to begin with. They should have separate brackets, but oh well.

He is being honest, its just tough love, what he said is not about PC vs Console, its about players who want to be COMPETITIVE on console AGAINST PC PLAYERS, it is normal in Arena mode Fornite for console players to be matches against PC players and all tournaments are on PC, so they need to be told that they have no chance, 60fps on PC has 20ms input lag as per RTSS, 60fps on console has up to 70ms according to tests, thats too high and not competitive, its terrible and the sooner those who want to be professional players understand that, the better.