XIM Community

[RESOLV] Apex problem: left when it should be going right.. Overload of inputs?  (Read 102 times)

Offline murkr

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: murkr
Just unboxed my apex a few hours ago. First thing I did was do a firmware update. then i created a config that i liked for destiny 2 on xbox one.

I got the sensitivity to where I liked it but right away I noticed when I was doing a lot, things were messing up. For example: Everything was fine when I was strafing going left (a) then right (d)

BUT..

When I got in a gun battle I would do left, right, zoom, and fire in combinations and I noticed apex sometimes gave the command that I was holding D when i was really holding in A (randomly).  so what ends up happening is I get stuck going in one direction because my brain knows im pushing the correct button but on screen im going the other way. So I look down and clearly see im pushing A (left) but on screen its going right.

There no way i can play like this. Did i get a defective unit?
« Last Edit: 09:05 AM - 05/22/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. That's odd, what keyboard model are you using? In the meantime, try creating a new config without making changes or importing the old settings, does the new config have the same issue?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline murkr

• View Profile
keyboard: Razor BlackWidow Ultimate (stealth edition)

I never imported configs in the first place. I just selected the game and adjusted the polling rate, and sensitivity the same as other people.

Do you want me to create a new config or reset to factory default (if that's possible somehow)?

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
keyboard: Razor BlackWidow Ultimate (stealth edition)

I never imported configs in the first place. I just selected the game and adjusted the polling rate, and sensitivity the same as other people.

Do you want me to create a new config or reset to factory default (if that's possible somehow)?

I do not like speaking for Mist or any of the well known/respected members here as I am a noobie to the forum who is usually lurking... but I believe Mist means you should try a new config with no changes made whatsoever to see if it still happens. If the issue persists on a brand new config with no changes made it helps dial in the issue a bit.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes, create a new config. Replacing the controller cable can sometimes help with random input like this as well.

Online d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
Could be the keyboard has rollover issues?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I usually don't see rollover issues send other keypresses but yes, if you have a non razer keyboard it would help to know if it happens with it too. Razer keyboards usually require a PC with their software for rollover support.

Offline murkr

• View Profile
During the weekend I had my PC gamer friend come over with his keyboard and it worked. So I guess the problem is my razer black widow stealth keyboard.

I just bought my keyboard like 4 months ago, im not buying another one just to get this Xim working.

I would like to return this. How do i get an RMA #?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
When you updated the firmware did you update to the latest beta? This build has improved hardware support that may help with your keyboard now. If this is something you would like to try it's necessary to update both firmware and Manager to the beta version.

If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta

If you would like to request a return please contact our store using the link below.

https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It's not a problem with the XIM, it's a problem with Razer keyboards and poor rollover / ghosting prevention.

You can use a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable to connect your XIM to PC to use PC-attached mice and keyboards. That will allow you to connect the kb to Synapse for Razer's bodgy rollover / ghosting fix.

Any other keyboard manufacturer would fix the issue on the board, but Razer is a marketing company first and foremost and aren't particularly good at the hardware side of things.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts