XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Jumping cursor issues (XIM4)  (Read 499 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Jumping cursor issues (XIM4)
« on: 04:04 AM - 05/14/19 »
Iíve been having issues with my XIM4 where I lose control of my cursor in Overwatch for about 1 second or 2. When I lose control of the cursor it ďjumpsĒ around on the screen moving on its own without input from me. Iíve tested all 4 of my mice and I get the issue on all 4 of them (G pro wireless, G pro wired, G903, deathadder) so my mice canít be at fault (this is a new issue for me, hadnít happened until a few months ago and I bought my XIM4 in November 2017)

Iíve also tested both hard and cloth mouse pads and I get the issue on both (g440 mm600 Goliathus gtfx g640) Iíve also tried cleaning the mouse sensors with rubbing alcohol and q tip and cleaning the mouse pads with a micro fiber cloth and water but that did not fix the issue. I factory reset the XIM4, recreated my config and only adjusted the sensitivity but that didnít fix it either. Do I just need to buy a new XIM? Maybe if I buy XIM Apex that will fix it? Iím kinda out of options. The only other thing I can think of is maybe itís an issue exclusive to overwatch but I would need to test other games to confirm if thatís true or not
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 05/27/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping cursor issues (XIM4)
« Reply #1 on: 09:06 AM - 05/14/19 »
Testing another surface and other games would be helpful. A blank sheet of print paper is a good test surface to tape down. Replacing the controller cable can sometimes help with these odd movement issues.

OW and Fortnite have had weird issues like this in the past so I wouldn't rule out an issue with the game. Could you share a tracelog after it happens?

The link below contains instructions on how to capture the log. Be sure to have the log window open while gaming. After the issue occurs please share the last 25-50 lines of the log in your message here. Note the instructions are the same for both XIM4 and XIM Apex.

http://cloud.xim.tech/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:16 PM - 05/14/19 »
Yeah I can do the tracelog capture. The controller cable, hmm didnít think about that. Iíll try using a different usb and/or different controller to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the response
« Last Edit: 12:29 AM - 05/15/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:12 PM - 05/24/19 »
Havenít done the trace log capture yet or tested other games/paper mouse pad. Only game i really play is OW. Donít think the surface is the issue because it happens on all 7 of my gaming mouse pads Iíve tested (hard and cloth). Bought a new controller cable and plugged it into the controller and Xim, didnít fix it

Any chance buying a Xim apex will fix this? I feel like my XIM4 is just kinda broken now because i used it for a year+ without any issues but then i started getting this issue out of nowhere. Maybe itís just time to buy a new Xim (apex).

Or i just need to force myself to test a diff game like RB6 but that game almost always gets kinda ruined for me by teamkillers. If my brother will get on blops4 zombies/bfv w/ me then maybe i can test one of those (donít really feel like playing solo)
« Last Edit: 02:34 PM - 05/24/19 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:37 PM - 05/24/19 »
It's hard to say if it's game or setup related without the log. The tracelog would tell a lot, please leave the log screen open the next time you play then click copy when you experience the issue and save it somewhere, google keep for example. The next time you're active on the forum copy that data and paste it here. It's easy to do :)

Otherwise, if you have spare cables I would recommend testing the spare between XIM4 and controller first, if this doesn't help move the spare between XIM4 and console next. Note that if you don't have a spare cable and swap the controller cable with the console cable you could just be moving one problem cable from one location to another which wouldn't help.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos