XIM Community

Suggestions on turn speed cap  (Read 231 times)

Offline Nunkey

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunkey
Suggestions on turn speed cap
« on: 07:33 AM - 05/13/19 »
I get that the reason there is a cap and why but not why it slows your turning when its exceeded.

How about a slider that allows us to set the max turn speed so that when it exceeds the set value it doesn't cause the in game motion to slow down? But instead it holds the set value until the mouse speed is below that value.

Apologies if it's been suggested before but the search function is a pita and I could find a result when I searched.

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leazy
  • PSN ID: Leazhy
Re: Suggestions on turn speed cap
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 AM - 05/13/19 »
It doesn't slow down. You move your mouse faster than the game can handle so it's wasted mouse movement that's why it feels like the turn speed slows down.

Offline shopejr2

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PreheatedMoth
« Reply #2 on: 05:07 PM - 05/19/19 »
See the thing is you run out of space on the pad before you can effectively ride the turn cap when using a low sensitivity.. imagine if you used a low sense.. but you had an infinite sized mousepad.

when you hit the turn speed cap you would never run out of room on your pad so you would effectively ride the max turn cap of the game and it would look just like pegging the right analog stick and holding it.

So it seems like wasted movement because your running out of room on your pad before your able to ride the turn speed

Get a HUGE pad.. or try moving your hand slower

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:33 PM - 05/29/19 »
I think what Nunkey is asking for, is to eliminate the wasted input. We've exceeded the turn speed and we feel that slowdown because the input is ignored until it returns to an acceptable level. Would it not be better if it returned to the maximum acceptable level, and each time it was exceeded it was directed there rather than ignored?. I've attached a mockup of what Nunkey is talking about, instead of all input being ignored past the turn speed, it could use the value to at least continue the highest possible movement, whether it be user defined or determined by the XIM (Don't know if that is possible, but if steady aim can detect movement speed and quantize it, and the XIM can detect the turn speed, there may be a foundation for this) It may sound better in theory but there could be unforeseen effects as well.

EDIT: The image is not loading for some reason? here is the URL: https://imgur.com/a/QJ71eBY
« Last Edit: 12:39 PM - 05/29/19 by WarCat »

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leazy
  • PSN ID: Leazhy
« Reply #4 on: 07:55 AM - 06/04/19 »
You continue with the highest possible movement but it doesnt feel like it because you move your mouse too fast and you expect faster movement.