XIM Community

A request to the devs  (Read 586 times)

Offline bt1740

• View Profile
A request to the devs
« on: 08:39 AM - 07/10/19 »
Personally I only play call of duty, so my request is aimed towards that game and therefore i'm not sure if this would benefit other games. Possibly just FPS games. Anyway,

if you set the ADS delay to the default value (224ms), your HIP sens is applied after you ADS in until you hit the 224ms and then your ADS sens picks up. This is perfectly fine, although the only issue is that to snap on a player that lets say is in a corner as you run into a building, your HIP sens must be VERY high (and with the help of some accel within the ballistic curves). So you can fix this issue with having a high HIP sens but then when you are just moving around the map and turning, it literally is blatant you are on a xim because of how fast you can do a 180 due to the high HIP sens and increased ballistic curve.

My suggestion:

Would it be possible to have a normal HIP configuration as we have one now, and also have a secondary hip config that we can tweak which is only applied when we ADS ingame until it hits the 224ms mark?
This way the primary original HIP config can be as low as you like to move around the map, and the secondary can be VERY high to snap onto players no matter where they are.

Thanks

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: A request to the devs
« Reply #1 on: 04:28 PM - 07/10/19 »
You can do that with an AUX config, though it sounds very cumbersome.

Create an AUX page in your game config with higher sensitivity. Bind a key to the AUX page to activate it.

Alternately, you can set the ADS page to very high sensitivity so it activates when you hold ADS, then setup an AUX page with lower sensitivity that activates when Shoot is held.

In both cases the window for what you're asking is very small and I doubt you'll get the desired result.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline bt1740

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:38 PM - 07/10/19 »
You can do that with an AUX config, though it sounds very cumbersome.

Create an AUX page in your game config with higher sensitivity. Bind a key to the AUX page to activate it.

Alternately, you can set the ADS page to very high sensitivity so it activates when you hold ADS, then setup an AUX page with lower sensitivity that activates when Shoot is held.

In both cases the window for what you're asking is very small and I doubt you'll get the desired result.

Thanks for your reply, I was actually going to PM you because I know youre knowledgable with programming scripts for the CM and T2 which I both own. I'm not too good with T2, so for the CM do you believe the sensitivity command would be a good idea to combat this? Amplify the sensitivty at the mid-point of 70% for example?
I understand if you'd rather talk about this in PMs since this forum is for the xim afterall.

Although I do believe the devs should look into this, I think that the joystick combats this issue while m+kb users are stuck either blatantly admitting they use a xim or having to literally stretch their arm everytime to snap onto a player.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 09:06 PM - 07/10/19 »
An AUX page with a Ballistics Curve would be similar to the sensitivity function on CM. T2 doesn't have the same function. You might even get away with just a Ballistics Curve on HIP and/or ADS to do what you want.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth worrying about whether or not you're suspected of using a XIM. Win any engagement online against a salty player and you're automatically accused of using a XIM. XIM is not an illegal or unauthorised device. Both PS4 and XB1 have licenced m/kb adapters.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts