XIM Community

[Q/A] Xim Apex Flashing Red With Low Sensitivity.  (Read 122 times)

Offline VirtualHD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: VirtualRepulser
  • PSN ID: VirtualRepulser
Been having this problem since i got my Xim apex and not found a solution. I know the red light means i'm exceeding the games turn limit but even on the default profiles, its taking me like 5 swipes on my mouse pad to do a 360 degree hip turn. Its crazy slow and if i move it up just a bit i'm getting the red lights. Also every time i'ved copied another profile the sensitivty always feels really slow too and they're usually using 3x the dpi that i have.

In game sensitivity settings are maxed.
I'm using a 4000 dpi mouse 250hz. (its a budget mouse i know i probably need to upgrade?)
« Last Edit: 09:18 AM - 05/13/19 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex Flashing Red With Low Sensitivity.
« Reply #1 on: 06:30 AM - 05/13/19 »
If you're taking that many swipes, change Sync to Common to bump the sensitivity threshold.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex Flashing Red With Low Sensitivity.
« Reply #2 on: 09:18 AM - 05/13/19 »
Welcome to the community. Check that your in-game sensitivity is maxed. If it is then it seems like you're playing a game with a low turn speed limit. More DPI and polling rate won't change a game's turn speed limit, we actually can't do anything about this aside from staying with the limit of the game to get the most out of your mouse swipe.

Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline VirtualHD

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Xim Apex Flashing Red With Low Sensitivity.
« Reply #3 on: 10:20 AM - 05/13/19 »
So 5 or 6 mouse swipes to do a turn on every game i have tried is normal? Same thing with other peoples configs that i have tried too. Guess i'll go back to controller

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:25 AM - 05/13/19 »
If you are exceeding the turn speed limit during the swipes then yes, that additional mouse movement is ignored by the game and you may be turning slower as a result than if you had stayed within the turn speed limit during your swipe.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #5 on: 10:55 AM - 05/13/19 »
I would suggest your mouse is the issue. Perhaps it has no onboard memory so ur dpi is mot what i think and its actually defaulting to like 800 dpi or something

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 03:44 PM - 05/13/19 »
So 5 or 6 mouse swipes to do a turn on every game i have tried is normal? Same thing with other peoples configs that i have tried too. Guess i'll go back to controller
No, that's not normal. You should easily do a 360 within 15cm with a moderate hand speed in any game.

More than 1 swipe implies that you're not using 4000 DPI, but 400 or 800. Change it to 4000 DPI. Ensure in-game sensitivity is maxed. Adjust XIM sensitivity (it goes up to 500). Change XIM Sync mode from Off or Default to Common or Slow.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline VirtualHD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:56 AM - 05/16/19 »
Bought a Logitech gaming mouse instead. Can do a full turn in one swipe now. 12000 dpi and 30.0 aim in app. But the flashing red lights are insane. Most people say i should use 4k dpi and single digit sensitivity. I can barely move with that. Could my Xim be defective?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:08 AM - 05/16/19 »
Use what is comfortable for you while staying within the turn speed limit of the game. No, when there is an issue with APEX or setup APEX will either not work at all or there could be spontaneous issues like disconnects. Some games do have higher turn speed limits like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #9 on: 09:13 AM - 05/16/19 »
Bought a Logitech gaming mouse instead. Can do a full turn in one swipe now. 12000 dpi and 30.0 aim in app. But the flashing red lights are insane. Most people say i should use 4k dpi and single digit sensitivity. I can barely move with that. Could my Xim be defective?

No you are likely just swiping too fast.

It does not matter what numbers u use for sensitivity as its dependent on your snyc dpi and hrtz (off sync).

U did not say what game or what sync u are using.

Also it does not really matter if u hit the turn cap as long as you are not massively going over it all the time.

You can turn the flashing lights off on the first page of the ST if that helps with your concerns.

Offline byronisone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Couch Ornament
  • PSN ID: Fitbabits
Q/A Xim Apex Flashing Red With Low Sensitivity
« Reply #10 on: 09:07 PM - 05/17/19 »
i do have another problem with xim apex. Im a low sense player, and at times my sense changes on its own and gets higher, after a few minutes it will go back to its normal sense, do you know why this occurs?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:16 AM - 05/20/19 »
You may be activating another page in your config, activating another config, pressing a mouse DPI button, or you may need to enable Audio Compatibility mode in your config's Identity section.