XIM Community

NOOB HERE IN NEED OF HELP!!!!!  (Read 447 times)

Offline skreme

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Skreme
NOOB HERE IN NEED OF HELP!!!!!
« on: 03:04 AM - 05/08/19 »
Hi guys I am very new to this community, I don't want to over complicate anything with any "dpi talk" or lingo I will not understand, I want to take it one step at a time lol I literally am a total noob.

What I would like help with today is Button Layout !!!

I am a long time console gamer (Xbox) I would even go as far to say I am way above average when I comes to FPS games CoD, D2, Apex etc.....however I have recently purchased a Xim Apex and would like take my gaming to the next level.

My setup:

Main game Destiny2

- Xbox one X
- Xim Apex
- Razer Tartarus V2
- SteelSeries 110

I am having a lot of trouble deciding where to map my keys too....like where should I have crouch, sprint, tactical etc.  I know its not going to feel right for a long time and will weeks for fluidity to take hold but the only buttons I have set my mind on is on the scroll wheel for sprint or is there a better way to do this?? I literally have no idea so anyone with a similar setup to me please some tips would be amazing.

Offline Lemon1

• View Profile
Re: NOOB HERE IN NEED OF HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 05:58 AM - 05/08/19 »
Search xim gameplay on youtube and have a look at their destiny config videos. Theyre easily understandable and break everything down to the lowest level. As for layout, just copy theirs

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #2 on: 06:42 AM - 05/09/19 »
Hi guys I am very new to this community, I don't want to over complicate anything with any "dpi talk" or lingo I will not understand, I want to take it one step at a time lol I literally am a total noob.

What I would like help with today is Button Layout !!!

I am a long time console gamer (Xbox) I would even go as far to say I am way above average when I comes to FPS games CoD, D2, Apex etc.....however I have recently purchased a Xim Apex and would like take my gaming to the next level.

My setup:

Main game Destiny2

- Xbox one X
- Xim Apex
- Razer Tartarus V2
- SteelSeries 110

I am having a lot of trouble deciding where to map my keys too....like where should I have crouch, sprint, tactical etc.  I know its not going to feel right for a long time and will weeks for fluidity to take hold but the only buttons I have set my mind on is on the scroll wheel for sprint or is there a better way to do this?? I literally have no idea so anyone with a similar setup to me please some tips would be amazing.

First and foremost go through the YouTube tutorials. Then go here https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940.

I play D2 exculsively. It is important to know that it will take time for you to fine tune your settings. Settings are different for everyone. It will take a while for you to get used to your keybinds. You'll even have to play around with your keybinds for a while. Stick with it and you won't regret it.
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 05:42 PM - 05/09/19 »
Very important for D2 on console - boots with Traction. Any boots with Traction are far better than boots without it.

Control schemes are highly subjective. As above, start with the default  XIM scheme and customise to suit.

Sprint can be mapped to W for Auto-sprint, but only use this binding on the HIP page. Disable the same binding on the ADS page to prevent Sprint from breaking ADS.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GunzBlazed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GunzBlazed
« Reply #4 on: 06:20 PM - 05/09/19 »
Control schemes are highly subjective. As above, start with the default  XIM scheme and customise to suit.

The best way

If you can make use of those side buttons on your mouse. Also, if your mouse scroll wheel has some resistance to it, you can map two ease of use buttons as scroll up and scroll down along with the scroll wheel click.
Xbox One X | XIM Apex | Qisan Magicforce 68 (Gateron Red) | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G640 Mouse Pad | SoundBlaster X7 | AT AD700X (Shooters) | ModMic 5

Steam: GunzBlazed

Online MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.7k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #5 on: 12:25 AM - 05/10/19 »
i have crouch on my back mouse button as crouch spamming is super handy to have in FPS games

Offline IPlay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:04 PM - 05/10/19 »
i have crouch on my back mouse button as crouch spamming is super handy to have in FPS games

How do you bind to mouse buttons? Like I know L click is button but what are the side buttons?

Offline GunzBlazed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GunzBlazed
« Reply #7 on: 12:00 AM - 05/11/19 »

How do you bind to mouse buttons? Like I know L click is button but what are the side buttons?

what brand and make is your mouse?
Xbox One X | XIM Apex | Qisan Magicforce 68 (Gateron Red) | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G640 Mouse Pad | SoundBlaster X7 | AT AD700X (Shooters) | ModMic 5

Steam: GunzBlazed

Admin