XIM Community

New article on XIM APEX from VICE Gaming  (Read 4470 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
New article on XIM APEX from VICE Gaming
« on: 12:42 PM - 05/07/19 »
Hey everyone, there is a new article on XIM APEX and the debates around it from VICE Gaming. I thought the author (Emanuel) did a really great job on capturing what I said in the interview and also perspectives from others in the space (such as disabled gamers).

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pajg8y/is-using-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on-consoles-cheating

Check out the article and share it with others. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New article on XIM APEX from VICE Gaming
« Reply #1 on: 12:58 PM - 05/07/19 »
oh nice, there it is!
will read it later when i have more time :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:36 PM - 05/09/19 »
This was a great read. It really makes me appreciate everything the Xim team does even more! If you haven't yet, definitely give it a read through!

Also, I just wanted to say thanks for standing up for what's right. This article really gives me a different perspective and makes me appreciate what I have even more.

I don't have a major disability like some of the people who need the Xim to play games, but carpal tunnel is @#$% near agonizing at times from my line of work and controllers bring it to it's worst for me after a short period of playing with them. Thanks for allowing me to play console games with my family as I had for years before these issues arose.

I will be posting this on my (albeit very few) social media accounts in hopes it helps someone else out there struggling... or that has already given up.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:46 PM - 05/09/19 »
Nice article. Bravo.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 02:41 AM - 05/10/19 »
Very balanced, non-judgemental article.

"This is also why Mark insists that using a XIM isn't cheating. The device isn't trying to let users do something that a controller can't. It's trying to understand how that controller works, and let users choose the input methods they like best. In other words, the XIM Apex works well precisely because it's playing by the rules of the game's aiming system, not because it's circumventing them."

Good explanation as to why the XIM isn't cheating, OBsIV.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:10 AM - 05/26/19 »
Nice read, if it wasn't for xim I wouldn't be playing on console and 90% of my friends only. Play consol.  Super thankful for the miracle product you have created.

Offline m1k3.py

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:11 AM - 07/07/19 »

First of all, great article! Need more of that to all of those in grief and loss whiners(sorry :)), who's being shot dead 24/7 by xim users. Even while matchmaking. Sometimes in game menu. Life ain't easy for them.

I've read it through (tldr, sorry for that too), and it seems to me there's no mention on a variety of PC's configurations. E.g someone playin' PUBG on a mid-range laptop with (or without) discrete graphics on min settings vs someone on 2 Nvid's 2080 on ultra, some top grade stuff, you know. It's not only about fancy shaders you get, but consistency of framerate, resolution (well detailed landscape gives you more chances to notice enemy, i believe).

Don't get me wrong, i'm not jealous, i want everyone to play on topgrade gamestations gazzilion core latest intel's chips, etc. My point is, where is the cheating? Where is that sneaky m***r?))

Offline GunzBlazed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GunzBlazed
« Reply #7 on: 08:53 PM - 07/07/19 »
Amazing Article!
Xbox One X | XIM Apex | Qisan Magicforce 68 (Gateron Red) | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G640 Mouse Pad | SoundBlaster X7 | AT AD700X (Shooters) | HD 6XX (Any Other Game) | ModMic 5

Steam: GunzBlazed

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:58 PM - 07/07/19 »
I don't get why people are so upset. The lack of true M&KB support on console has meant the complete and utter death of many genres on console, like RTS. This is such a shame and something people should be more angry about than the occasional XIM user. Consoles lack so much great content from PC because of this.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Die5el01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:36 AM - 08/07/19 »
Thank you OBsIV for making these products i am a disabled gamer myself i had a stroke a few years ago which affected my right side i use to be a pc gamer then i switched over to console as my friends and my some of cousins did, after the stroke i could no longer play with a controller due to limitations with my right arm and my right hand if it wasn't for the xim4 and now the apex i wouldn't even be switching my console on it would be here gathering dust.i will never be a gaming god but at least i'm back in to gaming and having some fun.   
Xim 4,Xim Apex, Logitech G13, Logitech G502 -12000 DPI, SteelSeries QcK Prism Gaming Mouse Pad, Razer Orbweaver Chroma - Razer Green Mechanical Switches (Tactile And Clicky) - Gaming Keypad,Logitech G PRO Wireless,Titan 1 and Titan 2 and a Xbox 1 x Now using SteelSeries DeX, Gaming Mouse Pad (wish i bought this mouse pad sooner)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 10:27 AM - 08/07/19 »
Die5el01, thanks so much for sharing this about you and I'm really happy to hear that XIM is helping you in this way!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #11 on: 02:37 AM - 08/27/19 »

First of all, great article! Need more of that to all of those in grief and loss whiners(sorry :)), who's being shot dead 24/7 by xim users. Even while matchmaking. Sometimes in game menu. Life ain't easy for them.

You're right, one guy on reddit just booted up his ps4 and wasn't even finished loading apex legends and he was shot through a wall.

Every time someone rants they never (and I mean never ever) get the way they knew it was a kb & mouse user. I mean maybe when some of them talk about the enemy doing super-fast 180 turns, but I can actually turn faster on the spot with a controller. Alot of them talk about getting shot when there was no way they could have known they were there, so I explain that they can't watch a youtube video about someone cheating on CS:GO on PC and post about console cheating, and that they are actually lying thru their teeth cos I'm pretty certain that there isn't anyone in the world who's running a no clip cheat on PLAYSTATION, and tell them to post a video and I'll even send them an in game gift, like an apex pack or something.. It's the lying that annoys me, so it's kinda retarded of me to be reading game forums on the internet if lying pisses me off lol
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #12 on: 03:32 AM - 08/27/19 »
That's a really good article, and it's good to see Vice not editing an interview disingenuously again (I've been a fan of theirs for years, but .. ah forget it).

Did you really help a girl who lost her arms in an accident be able to play games again? That's awesome, online games would be such a godsend if interfacing with the physical world was as difficult as it must get for some people.

I want to add that the subreddit that Vice quotes "...wrote another player on the Apex Legends subreddit in a thread titled "It is inarguable that using XIM on a console is cheating," ended up with the OP concluding
 "Wow, super interesting! The link to HORI's sale page can be found on the Playstation site, so I therefore have to change my opinion...
Using XIM is NOT cheating when used on Playstation, as long as it doesn't support macros or, if it does, as long as the player doesn't utilize the macros."

And since I like @#$%, the xbox elite v2 controller (the one that costs just under $4 billion) has software to let you edit/customize the stick ballistic curve, and that is no small thing..

Awesome interview tho, it was really spot on. You should do this XIM thing for a living.
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.