XIM Community

Cant get Xim to update firmware.  (Read 262 times)

Offline schristman83

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrMoonRocks83
Cant get Xim to update firmware.
« on: 11:58 AM - 05/07/19 »
I've never been able to get the Xim to update firmware, even when the last version came out. I do all the steps correctly and it even says xim successfully updated to latest firmware version. I was able to do that with the recent update too. Sadly, every time I hook my xim up and run it the program is exactly the same and I have no new features. Can somebody lend me any advice or help me fix this problem?

Offline realsuperpee

• View Profile
Re: Cant get Xim to update firmware.
« Reply #1 on: 12:43 PM - 05/07/19 »
Are u also updating your XIM manager on your phone ?
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex | 4000 DPI | 500hz | LG 27UK650 | GPW | Coolermaster MP510 | Ducky One 2 TKL MX Silver

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:23 PM - 05/07/19 »
Welcome to the community. To use the latest features in the beta it's necessary to update both firmware and Manager to their latest beta versions then enable expert mode.

If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline schristman83

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrMoonRocks83
« Reply #3 on: 12:04 AM - 05/08/19 »
Ok so I like to imagine I have at least half a brain! Had no idea I had to update the manager firmware on the phone aside from the firmware on the xim itself. Honestly I assumed that was being updated automatically since I got it from the app store. Oops! Ok so what's the best or easiest way to do that? I've read all the direction and downloading straight to phone from site isn't working. Thanks for the point in the right direction RealSuperpee!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:11 AM - 05/08/19 »
No worries, new things can be confusing at first. Downloading from your phone is the quickest way to do it. Be sure to press and hold the download link then choose the equivalent of 'save as'. Run the APK file from the download complete popup after this or open the Downloads app from your phone to run it.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin