XIM Community

Tricks you have used to increase Aim Assist?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline fl_bell

• View Profile
Tricks you have used to increase Aim Assist?
« on: 12:50 PM - 05/02/19 »
Hello Xim Community,

What are some tricks you would use to get the most aim assist as possible with the setting below. (Currently playing Apex Legends)

Settings:
 - Mouse: G502 Proteus Spectrum, 3200 DPI, 500 HZ,   
 - Xim Hip aim: Default sync, 23 aim sense
 - Xim ADS aim: Default sync, 12 aim sense

Also this is based on the latest firm ware.
Also console is Xbox if that matters any.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Tricks you have used to increase Aim Assist?
« Reply #1 on: 03:38 PM - 05/02/19 »
There's a tonne of variables involved in AA, none of which are magic bullets -

Reduce mouse polling.
Reduce XIM response rate.
Reduce XIM sensitivity.
Reduce in-game sensitivity.
Set Sync to Common or Slow.
Reduce mouse DPI.
Increase Smoothing.
Use deceleration Ballistics Curves.
Use a cloth pad (favours micromovements).

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:20 PM - 05/02/19 »
In game sensitivity 6/6
Linear deceleration curve
Low sensitivity (Not too low to the point where you can't turn comfortably)
Your dpi and Hz are perfect.
Minimal Dead zone (I use none though personal preference because I cut my turn speed a lot for more accuracy.)
Classic curve
Mouse control (the most important)
Strategy (know your ranges)

Close range (most aim assist), medium range (fair aim assist) and long range (Minimal aim assist).

Know your weapons, terrain and opponents. There will always be someone better. If you see a guy with the multiple skull icon and over 100+ wins you need to coordinate with your team to focus fire him and get him out of there because he's a God. 20+ kills in one match. Once you knock him the rest will be easy. I almost had one of those emblems but I got knocked short of 5 kills😢.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:54 AM - 05/03/19 »
I usually create settings to minimize or eliminate aim assist because it throws off my aim. There was a time when I did the opposite.... I usually found the most AA at default or off sync depending on the game, 500hz always enhanced my AA, and Low DPI (I think I used 3200 or 4000) when trying to enhance AA.

With Apex, you can find custom settings for advanced in game config that will help, or you can take an easier route and play on in game sens at 6 or below.  The lower you  go, the more AA. 

Apex AA is different --- I feel like I get more AA on common with 7/7 and a higher DPI but my long shots were less accurate. 

Best thing to do is try each sync setting for a few games, adjusting your xim sensitivity so that it's equal to your other sync sens. Don't change anything else. Choose what feels best for you. Then do the same with Hz. then DPI. Then play around with in game settings.
« Last Edit: 12:03 PM - 05/03/19 by ithinkfit »

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:04 PM - 05/03/19 »

I get that it sounds like a long process, but it's just playing the game like you normally would. The changes will be subtle if you adjust one variable at a time, so it won't ruin your games while testing settings as long as you always convert your sensitivities properly when changing HZ, Syncs, and DPI.  I think this is best... don't make the mistake of always trying someone else's settings. Do this and you'll get better with your xim for all games. Consistency is key. Find the right sens, and try to replicate that in every game while adjusting other settings to get AA where you want it.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:13 AM - 05/04/19 »
I usually create settings to minimize or eliminate aim assist because it throws off my aim. There was a time when I did the opposite.... I usually found the most AA at default or off sync depending on the game, 500hz always enhanced my AA, and Low DPI (I think I used 3200 or 4000) when trying to enhance AA.

With Apex, you can find custom settings for advanced in game config that will help, or you can take an easier route and play on in game sens at 6 or below.  The lower you  go, the more AA. 

Apex AA is different --- I feel like I get more AA on common with 7/7 and a higher DPI but my long shots were less accurate. 

Best thing to do is try each sync setting for a few games, adjusting your xim sensitivity so that it's equal to your other sync sens. Don't change anything else. Choose what feels best for you. Then do the same with Hz. then DPI. Then play around with in game settings.
Arguably the most accurate information I've seen anyone post in a very long time. This man is 100% right. I agree without any shadow of doubt.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Slayvoff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:06 AM - 05/04/19 »
so if increasing smoothing makes your aim less jittery, why would you ever not have smoothing at max 20? what is the downside to increasing smoothing super high?  personally i have no idea what i am doing

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #7 on: 11:15 AM - 05/04/19 »
Search ximgameplay on utube.

Look for the smoothing video

Explains it there

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:28 PM - 05/04/19 »
so if increasing smoothing makes your aim less jittery, why would you ever not have smoothing at max 20? what is the downside to increasing smoothing super high?  personally i have no idea what i am doing
Because without the proper config it can completely destroy your aiming behavior and make it extremely floaty to the point where you won't hit a thing. It will also slow your look speed a lot.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 11:25 PM - 05/04/19 »
Smoothing at 20 makes aim feel floaty, delayed and like a large amount of boost has been applied (no micromovement control).

However, Smoothing at 20 with a very steep Ballistics Curve does something unexpected and can feel surprisingly good in some games, e.g Black Ops 4. Look for mjfame's settings in the Tutorials forum.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #10 on: 03:37 PM - 06/25/19 »
Smoothing at 20 makes aim feel floaty, delayed and like a large amount of boost has been applied (no micromovement control).

However, Smoothing at 20 with a very steep Ballistics Curve does something unexpected and can feel surprisingly good in some games, e.g Black Ops 4. Look for mjfame's settings in the Tutorials forum.

Y'know I just decided to troll these forums for the first time in quite a long while. Debating if I want to upgrade from April to may retail or text my luck with some of these beta builds. Thanks for the shout out brother.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:54 PM - 06/25/19 »

Y'know I just decided to troll these forums for the first time in quite a long while. Debating if I want to upgrade from April to may retail or text my luck with some of these beta builds. Thanks for the shout out brother.
   the down side, no accuracy. lol  you cant track targets and no micro aiming.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 04:02 PM - 06/25/19 »
We did our best to dismiss your settings mj, but you found something interesting. They shouldn't work on paper, but they do in practice.

I've been using your curve & Smoothing settings in BO4 and find it hard to go back to vanilla. I'm using the XIM Apex beta to add a touch of Steady Aim to help with the AA cut-through into the hitbox.

the down side, no accuracy. lol  you cant track targets and no micro aiming.
I would have expected that outcome too, but didn't find it to be true. Steep curves are just sensitivity multipliers, but they interact with Smoothing in an unexpected way. Smoothing at 20 with any other setting feels like hot turd and behaves like a laggy, giant boost, but not with a sharp curve.

Admin