XIM Community

Any one use Azeron keypad i have questions .  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
Any one use Azeron keypad i have questions .
« on: 01:09 PM - 04/28/19 »
[Hello everyone .
I have some question for those who have azeron keypad on xim apex .

1- does it worth it ?

2-   how the quality overall and for dpad especially cuz im  afraid of it broken fast like razer keypad   .

3 - does it work with ps4 on fortnite without stuck after press alot of keys at once ?

4- is it comfortable for those with big hands ?

Thank you all .

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A Hiding from Xbox detectives👀
  • PSN ID: N/A Hiding from PS4 detectives👀
Re: Any one use Azeron keypad i have questions .
« Reply #1 on: 05:56 PM - 04/28/19 »
My answers in the order if your questions

1. Yes
2. Solid build quality(wood palm rest and metal base) D-pad is a plastic stick that I can't see breaking.
3. I'm on Xbox so wouldn't know. Also, your question is confusing. Try to word it properly.
4. I have medium sized hands so I ordered a medium Azeron. Feels great! They also have large so it should feel just fine for you.
Monitor- Alienware AW2518HF|
Systems-XBOX SERIES X, Xbox One X, 2nd Xbox One, and PS4 Pro|
Peripherals/accessories- Mice-Razer Basilisk V1&2(New), Steel Series Rival 600, and G502|Analog devices- Azeron original and Sony move navigation stick|Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Headset/phones-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser GSP 600(New) Mousepads- Hyper X Fury S Pro(New),Razer Firefly Hard Edition, SteelSeries 9HD and Qck| Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
Re: Any one use Azeron keypad i have questions
« Reply #2 on: 07:19 PM - 04/28/19 »
Thank you for reply .

Umm for third question , i want to know if you use Azeron on ps4 without use xim apex  does ps4 recognize it ?? Also does it stop working if you pressing four key  at once ?

Cuz a lot of new keyboards if you press 4 keys at once it stop working on ps4 .

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:55 AM - 04/29/19 »

1. Yes
2. Solid build quality(wood palm rest and metal base) D-pad is a plastic stick that I can't see breaking.
3. I'm on Xbox so wouldn't know. Also, your question is confusing. Try to word it properly.
4. I have medium sized hands so I ordered a medium Azeron. Feels great! They also have large so it should feel just fine for you.

Lol ... No wonder Imants is having a hard time keeping up the supply line if he's taking time out to do custom wood palm rests  ;)

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:31 AM - 05/03/19 »

1. Yes

Lol ... No wonder Imants is having a hard time keeping up the supply line if he's taking time out to do custom wood palm rests  ;)
Right! Yeah I believe it's wood. I did my research on his country of Latvia and found out they are like master craftsmen with wood.
Peripherals/accessories- Mice-Razer Basilisk V1&2(New), Steel Series Rival 600, and G502|Analog devices- Azeron original and Sony move navigation stick|Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Headset/phones-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser GSP 600(New) Mousepads- Hyper X Fury S Pro(New),Razer Firefly Hard Edition, SteelSeries 9HD and Qck| Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 04:34 PM - 05/03/19 »
There's no wood used for the palm rest, it's 3D-printed plastic.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:51 AM - 05/04/19 »

At first I thought it was a typo, with "w" instead of "g"  ... but I'm beginning to wonder now  :)
One of the early experimental versions did have a nice hand crafted wooden palm rest.

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:43 AM - 05/04/19 »
Then why is it the only piece painted pretty much? You can smell it. I'll have to ask him?

Offline Crushtaculer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Crushtaculer
« Reply #8 on: 02:32 PM - 05/04/19 »
Mine is definitely plastic, it's not painted either. I definitely saw a wood one on the Azeron website, though it looks like an early prototype. 

Offline CrazyGamer1019

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:12 PM - 02/09/21 »
This product is absolutely 100% worth it. I purchased one a couple months ago and my KD has skyrocketed in every shooter I play. The AA improves exponentially with a joystick as opposed to WSAD. Definitely happy with my purchase. 

Offline residualflash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:23 PM - 02/09/21 »
Hand rest is injection molded plastic. And yes, I really like it. Was using a logitech G13 before but this is way better.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:20 AM - 02/11/21 »
Itís worth it but you can do as well with a Sony Nav...

I donít play much, when i got Xim, iíd never gamed with mouse so i picked up a Sony Nav & a G502, picked it up pretty quick and it was great, i love the Sony Nav.

You are limited to which mice you can use with the Sony Nav but there are options.

I think i saw the Azeron when it was first announced and was just excited, it looked crazy and I had to get one.

Surprisingly it was quite easy to get used to. Only issue, mine broke almost instantly, not the insides, but screws and stuff. You need to be quite delicate with the screws.

I think i stopped playing for a while, came back and i noticed i think the down analog stopped clicking and would just kinda mush down but still work, this would also cause it to spam down.

i didnít care too much but when I did want to start playing again, i decided to have it sent back to Azeron which they made very simple and have it repaired or replaced. They kindly paid for all shipping, got a driver to my house and shipped it from London UK to Latvia iím pretty sure theyíre based.

They sent me a whole new Azeron. I was like the 20th order or so, so i did have a really early build at first but if iím honest, i probably could have avoided those issues. I havenít heard of many others having the same issues, if any at all.

Now, i have pretty large hands, i would recommend the larger version. I got the Azeron Compact which is the one with less buttons and iíd actually recommend that, less hassle and itís all you really need but i havenít tried the other one.

The device is amazing, easy to use, as i said, surprising my easy to learn and itís a satisfying thing to own.

Itís nice to have something not a lot of people have but it still be probably one of if not the best device when it comes to Keypads, Keyboards / JoyCons.

A few tweaks iíd recommend if you get one is recalibrate the forward motion of the analog because itís not (for me at least) set to go straight forward for the way i push my analog. They made it really easy to change this. Set the deadzone of the analog to your liking, they have updated the hardware so itíll pretty much do it for you.

Iíd highly recommend it if you want to try something new, iíd recommend it even as a first device to someone coming from controller.

Hope to start playing games again, i would say, coming back from not playing a while, it felt like i hadnít stopped playing, soo, as confusing as the device may look, itís easy to learn (again lol) and once you have it down, you shouldnít lose that muscle memory.

i wrote a lot but i hope it helps :)
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline SwxftGodz

• 800/3200 dpi.Accuracy is Key
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: SwxftGodz
« Reply #12 on: 02:38 AM - 02/11/21 »
[Hello everyone .
I have some question for those who have azeron keypad on xim apex .

1- does it worth it ?

2-   how the quality overall and for dpad especially cuz im  afraid of it broken fast like razer keypad   .

3 - does it work with ps4 on fortnite without stuck after press alot of keys at once ?

4- is it comfortable for those with big hands ?

Thank you all .

Comfortable with big hands but make sure when you adjust you keep it that way. What I mean is the screws in the bottom can wear down and loosen, causing the towers the move out of place. I had one for a little while till I said F it and went to 60% ONLY. Some things to watch out for is the d pad , itís loose and itís a little button lol, going in all directions felt clunky like it was gonna break and sooner than later it popped off😞. Iíd say to auto bind sprint to a key on the azeron and use the analog to strafe only after all analog movement is the best . IMHO I wouldnít drop 150$ on this bad boy again, I wonít tell you itís the worst and itís not the best but it got the job done while I used it. Ohhh and before I forget if you do end up ordering it, ask them to send you extra screws and an extra tool , because the one they provide will get stripped after tightening so much:(.

If your into keyboards you should check out the Asceny one 60% on Amazon ( nice bang for your buck if your not tryna spend too much $)
Or
If Iím not mistaken the hori tactical pro, it comes with a analog stick built in.
SwxftGodz

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #13 on: 04:53 PM - 02/11/21 »
Wear and tear is dependent on usage. My Azeron is used almost daily and I don't have any of the issues SwxftGodz described.

The only times I've had problems are -

1. I once had a loose screw under the palm rest (easily tightened),
2. occasionally I'll get a loose thumb mount screw (easily tightened),
3. the analog stick lost calibration a few times (annoying, but easily fixed in software) and
4. the d-pad button popped off when I was moving my setup (easily popped back on).

What you're buying here is a hand-made, 3d-printed device which is not as robust as injected mould plastic. But if you look after your toys, it should last for many years.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:45 PM - 02/11/21 »
Wear and tear is dependent on usage. My Azeron is used almost daily and I don't have any of the issues SwxftGodz described.

The only times I've had problems are -

1. I once had a loose screw under the palm rest (easily tightened),
2. occasionally I'll get a loose thumb mount screw (easily tightened),
3. the analog stick lost calibration a few times (annoying, but easily fixed in software) and
4. the d-pad button popped off when I was moving my setup (easily popped back on).

What you're buying here is a hand-made, 3d-printed device which is not as robust as injected mould plastic. But if you look after your toys, it should last for many years.

Exactly 🙏🏽 and as i mentioned, they offered a repair or replace and replaced my item very fast. wish i did it earlier.
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |