XIM Community

Growth of XIM  (Read 1226 times)

Offline bluemanemt

• View Profile
Growth of XIM
« on: 01:52 PM - 12/29/10 »
So its 6 months from now, the second batch and possibly the third batch have been produced and sold to all of the eager fans waiting for their nice piece of @#$%(i couldn't think of a cool way to make @#$% and acronym). Anyways all of the minute bugs that may have arisen have been worked out and a patch tweak or two later the XIM3 is fully funcitonal and available to the world that knows about it. What happens then? We keep posting games we want to have a smart translator for? We keep telling eachother how awesome it is? We wait for you(Obsiv) to start a development blog on XIM4?

I guess what I'm asking is Whats the growth plan for this idea turned business? I'm probably not alone when I say that I have become fond of this website, the product, the people on the forums, and Obsiv. I want good things to happen for all concerning XIM. But if theres no growth then there is only death. The idea would die off as people moved on to the newer idea. I want more from Obsiv. I want more marketting to the masses. I want more competition. I want all pc players to convert to console as I have and experience the larger community of console gamers thanks to Obsiv and XIM.

Oh and I also want a freakin XIM3!  :P

Just spittin ideas out. Maybe you can develop your own fully functional actually working Kinect that is compatible with all games. Somehow translate set motions from the body that the Kinect will interpret send it through and XIM4 and translate it into button control and analog movement for lets say the Newest Call of Duty that is being developed by Sledghammer right now or GOW4. Theres and idea now grow with it.

blueman out

Offline lortext

• View Profile
Re: Growth of XIM
« Reply #1 on: 03:22 PM - 12/29/10 »
The idea will live as long as there is a market for KB/M support on the XBox. There is already some level of competition in that OBsIV wasn't satisfied with the other crappy KB/M devices and created the first XIM. The idea is has already stuck around for a while.

I'm sure OBsIV will work on XIM for as long as it continues to interest him and I think most people here appreciate his work.

Offline Zyren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:33 PM - 12/29/10 »
Which vital features is it that you think the XIM 3 is missing? I can't think of any and don't see the need for a XIM 4 before a new console is out. The XIM 3, when released, will be the best keyboard & mouse adapter avaliable, so I don't see why the XIM community would die out.

EDIT: Oh, and it won't be just smart profiles, but also support for additional hardware and better support for hardware already supported (more usable buttons and such). We will also get new features through firmware updates. If OBsIV made his own Kinect he would have been sued my Microsoft for patent infringement, suffer from very high production costs, long development time & would also have difficulties finding a market for his product. I don't think using a Kinect-like device for software/games that were developed for a completely different input style would have been a pleasant experience. But yeah, it's important to think about the future. I recommend checking the XIM 2 forums and see what is/has been going on there.  ;)
« Last Edit: 06:53 PM - 12/29/10 by Zyren »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:40 PM - 12/29/10 »
the question can be answered easily

its about gaining world domnation ;)

every xim3 is acutally a mini-robo, which was made by obsiv to infiltrate its users
once the densitiy of xim is high enough, they re activated and conquer the households
the end of the story can be seen in "terminator" or "i robot" ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #4 on: 09:48 PM - 12/29/10 »
I ask a very similar question a while ago. Obsiv replied saying that xim3 is definately not the final product in the xim lineup. He also mentioned that in terms of development we shouldnt expect a massive jump in mouse translation quality after xim3. but he also said that there are a quite a few aspects that he could improve on to further enhance the quality of existing smart translators.

If I find the topic and post, il get back to ya but its late and I cant be bothered to do it right now...
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline johnvito222

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: johnvito123
« Reply #5 on: 10:34 PM - 12/29/10 »
The future will come when microsoft releases a new console. The translators will still work but you need a device that can talk with the new system.

"If you are flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." Mitch Hedberg

Offline bluemanemt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:06 PM - 12/30/10 »
Ok. Three things. First Zyren Whoa buddy cool your jets its just a question and I'm looking out for the community I'm in no way against it. Second I like Od1n's idea of world domination. Obsiv probably has the XIM3 that controls the rest of them. WAIT! What if he himself is an XIM prototype that is "building" these awesome gadgets to win over our hearts, trust, and money to fund a machine global domination!!!!! Naw thatd be crazy! hmmm

And Xenon thanks for the answer that was exactly what I was looking for.

blueman out

Offline Zyren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:49 AM - 12/31/10 »
Ok. Three things. First Zyren Whoa buddy cool your jets its just a question and I'm looking out for the community I'm in no way against it. Second I like Od1n's idea of world domination. Obsiv probably has the XIM3 that controls the rest of them. WAIT! What if he himself is an XIM prototype that is "building" these awesome gadgets to win over our hearts, trust, and money to fund a machine global domination!!!!! Naw thatd be crazy! hmmm

And Xenon thanks for the answer that was exactly what I was looking for.

blueman out
Heh, sorry. I wasn't really mad or anything when I wrote my reply (just very tired), and I can see now that my post just seems stupid. We're all looking forward for the new functionality future revisions will bring. Personally I would love to see some kind of audio support for easier use of headsets.  ;)

Admin