XIM Community

Red Rings of Death DIY fix  (Read 8477 times)

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
Red Rings of Death DIY fix
« on: 12:01 AM - 07/28/08 »
Don't try this at home, kids.  Only try this if you're sure you know what you're doing.

Also, I take no credit for this, I just found it, and it's claimed to work every time, or at least almost every time.

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1271373/360_three_rings_of_death_fix_real.swf

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
Re: Red Rings of Death DIY fix
« Reply #1 on: 08:06 AM - 07/28/08 »
90% of the rrods are caused by the X-clamps pulling at the motherboard and separating the pcb layers. Thats a pretty good tutorial as me and my friend have done some fixes.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:28 AM - 07/28/08 »
I want to mod my xbox 360 so that the red lights are blue.  That way, I'll never get a RROD and I won't need any fixes.  I'm so smart it's silly.

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:05 PM - 07/28/08 »
You should mod it so the red lights are both red and green and filled with christmas cheer!  That way the RROD will never be an omen, and you won't get that sinking feeling when you see it!  You will be filled with christmas cheer in hopes that St. Nick will soon be there.

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:36 PM - 08/04/08 »
Crap ! Someone should tell her quick that carpet  is bad for electronics.

Offline skavenger216

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:16 PM - 08/06/08 »
I dont even care about the fact that the 360 was on the carpet, she can come over to my houe and fix my 360 anytime  ;D

Offline shawnvd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:45 PM - 08/14/08 »
I want to mod my xbox 360 so that the red lights are blue.  That way, I'll never get a RROD and I won't need any fixes.  I'm so smart it's silly.
I modded my 360 ring of light blue :P

yeah, i fixed my 360 in a similar way, but i drilled holes through the 360 chassis, so that the heads of he screws were outside of the chassis.
good tut though

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:40 PM - 08/24/08 »
She has nice nails.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline Hyperion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:01 PM - 08/24/08 »
  ??? There was an Xbox 360 in that video?.... I just don't remember seeing it  ;D

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:11 AM - 08/27/08 »
Praise the fix, not the person <_<

I think the nails comment nickstudy made is the only one I can really agree with...

Don't hate me.  lol.

Offline onslotdos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:40 PM - 09/09/08 »
I modded my 360 ring of light blue :P

yeah, i fixed my 360 in a similar way, but i drilled holes through the 360 chassis, so that the heads of he screws were outside of the chassis.
good tut though

Yes I have done the same thing for five of my friends boxes. ;D

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:36 PM - 09/29/08 »
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction 1nfinitum. I started getting the rrod every 2-5 minutes recently. I watched the tutorial, went to lowes for hardware and sure enough its been an hour without a rrod. This tutorial is put together nicely, easy to follow, and best of all the host isn't some 14 year old kid who cant sit still.. its an attractive female ! lol thanks again.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:09 PM - 09/29/08 »
if i had actually done the blue light mod, I would have just gotten the BROD on Saturday.  Back to microsoft my 360 is headed.  t3h lamemess

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:15 PM - 09/29/08 »
My warrenty was expired and this was my 4th replacement in 3 years. I decided to give it a shot and it paid off. I did however blow dry the warrenty sticker off incase it didnt work i could pay the 140$ repair fee.. Then again.. I think i'd prefer a brand new xbox for $200.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:00 PM - 09/29/08 »
My warrenty was expired and this was my 4th replacement in 3 years. I decided to give it a shot and it paid off. I did however blow dry the warrenty sticker off incase it didnt work i could pay the 140$ repair fee.. Then again.. I think i'd prefer a brand new xbox for $200.

Did you have your xbox 360 replaced or they repaired the same one each time?  Pretty lame that you would have to send in the same xbox 360 3 times for the same @#$% thing.  Sounds like they weren't ever fixing it.  They probably just put some bubble gum and duct tape in there.

Also I mean if you did get the same problem, the RROD on a newer, replacement 360, and the newest 360 is less than 3 years old, it should still be covered under the extended RROD warranty.