XIM Community

Poll

Are the new ban policies by PUBG Corp too harsh?

You're Breaking My Ballz Here!
A-Okay.
Ban Me! I'm All You Have Left.
People Still Play This Game?

PUBG New Ban Policies - Harsh or Nah?  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
PUBG New Ban Policies - Harsh or Nah?
« on: 10:55 AM - 04/19/19 »
So recently PUBG announced their new set of policies regarding the banning of players.

Below is the new matrix regarding the offenses that could get you banned on console:

Here is the link to the community post if you are interested:

https://forums.pubg.com/topic/333265-console-ban-policy/

So, I am curious as to your thoughts. I mean let's be real here. The thought of PUBG trying to ban people that are still actually playing this game is laughable, in my opinion. Getting it right the first time, only happens once and its appearance rate is equally spread across the vast multiverse. It has never actually happened in our universe. That we know of.

I seem to remember last year that PUBG Corp and Bluehole assuring the PUBG console community that the use of peripheral devices, such as mouse and keyboard, was insignificant because such few players were actually using them.

Here is a pic of Community Manager, Dan Whittel's Twitter post stating the fact:

So, what has changed?

Nothing! Nothing has changed.

Just like everything else PUBG Corp and Bluehole have done, it's a disaster.  To say these idiots could @#$% up a wet dream draws credit away from people who have actually awoken during this sex filled slumber party.

Let me put this in to context. 5 months after the release of PUBG, when arguably you had the #1 game on the XBOX console, the number of people using M/KB was very, very low according to your tweet. But as time went on and player count dropped, all the way up until yesterday-which again, is arguably the lowest player count you ever had on console- that the amount of people using M/KB (as you call it Unauthorized Hardware Devices) skyrocketed!

HELLO? MATH ERROR! Does. Not. Compute.

Hey, trust them guys, they have it all figured out though because they are PUBG Corp, in conjunction with mobile developer, Bluehole, and they want PUBG console players to experience fair play in their game.

Let me restate that, they want console players to experience a fair playing experience despite the fact their game developers can't engineer their way out of a paper bag.

Every update they've released has broken more things than it fixed. It's like they originally served us Syphilis, as time went on, they gradually exposed us to Herpes.

So fear not fellow Ximmers. They'll never get it right!

However, it might just spell 'THE END' for PUBG on console. If their sketchy math is legit. Meaning, the number of M/KB users has increased to a point that they have classified it as a wide-spread problem and thus implemented this type of action, where the 1st offense = permanent ban. Then PUBG on consoles demise is imminent, as if, it wasn't already.

So my thoughts on this: BAN ME! I am all you have left!

I am curious as to what you think.

Please vote in the poll and share your thoughts.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
Re: PUBG New Ban Policies - Harsh or Nah?
« Reply #1 on: 11:12 AM - 04/19/19 »
Honestly after reading all that itís bla bla bla. My only real question is how do they know people are using them for sure? It would mean that xim has to be detectable as well as other converters. I just donít see how you can permaban someone without going in their house to see it or they just outright admit it. I am curious why they donít go after these streamers who are using modded controllers with anti recoil and rapid fire, thatís cheating in their book.
Razer Viper Ultimate-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox Series X-PS5

Offline Ouchbud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OuchBudTTV
« Reply #2 on: 01:30 PM - 04/19/19 »
They should be focused on the radar hack instead of XIM tbh

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:28 PM - 04/19/19 »
So they are going to ban players who use a licensed Sony mouse and keyboard product such as the Hori Tac Pro? No they won't. It's empty threats.
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 TKL | Glorious Model O Wireless | Corsair MM350

Xbox Series X | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S | PS3 | Xbox 360

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Top 500 Overwatch | Apex Predator | SBMM ruins games

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:17 PM - 04/19/19 »
The pubg devs promise much - and usually deliver nothing. They can't even ban (detectable) hax on pc .. ^^

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 05:34 PM - 04/19/19 »
Bluehole community manager makes announcement regarding new PUBG behavioural policy -

I guess the only thing to be wary of here is to not admit to using a XIM while streaming. Beyond direct video evidence of third-party device usage, there's nothing they can do.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:55 PM - 04/19/19 »
Based on the chart if looks as if they are talking about actual mods and hacks. I haven't looked too deep into it because I don't play the game. But, I don't really see how they could breach Sony's policy unless they do something that they don't report via social media. Something like changing the aiming behavior or something like that. If they decide to do a ban wave innocent accounts will get banned.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:50 PM - 04/19/19 »

What I find hilarious is on their forums I've seen more than just a few post of people saying they are way more concerned about the mouse and keyboard users over the radar hack...

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:53 AM - 04/20/19 »
If anything this is the one thing that could actually get me to play this awful game after I put it down around autumn time - the novelty of getting a permanent ban from something is quite alluring, even though itís this particular trash heap

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:31 AM - 04/20/19 »

What I find hilarious is on their forums I've seen more than just a few post of people saying they are way more concerned about the mouse and keyboard users over the radar hack...

I have actually seen the same on the PUBG Forum. It's laughable.

If they ban ppl for using third party devices they better ban ppl who use an ssd.

I use an ssd myself.. but it's still a 3rd party device. It's not an xbox licensed product

Good call here! Totally agree and I am using one as well.

Honestly after reading all that itís bla bla bla. My only real question is how do they know people are using them for sure? It would mean that xim has to be detectable as well as other converters. I just donít see how you can permaban someone without going in their house to see it or they just outright admit it. I am curious why they donít go after these streamers who are using modded controllers with anti recoil and rapid fire, thatís cheating in their book.

They review what the person was reported for then go and watch the game footage. They can actually see the individual inputs the player makes from the server side.

I suppose what they are looking for is the behavior associated with a keyboard press (ie you press a key and the in-game action goes from 0 to 100 instantly. There is no middle ground. Same for your mouse clicks)

More reason to use Simulate Analog Behavior, I guess.

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:40 AM - 04/21/19 »
Yeah but if you have your pubg movement sensitivity set to 100 it's a 0 to 100 movement speed when you push the analog stick.

If you use an elite controller you can configure the triggers to 0-100.. making a single touch of the trigger 100 percent pull. I used to use an elite controller so if I drove a vehicle if I touched the trigger it was max acceleration.. u can also set your left stick to instant on the elite controller. And movement on the stick is 100 percent stick pull

So if they use these methods to try to find m&k they would end up banning alot of elite controller users.. Microsoft wouldn't be happy about that

If anything it would be them seeing a input device trying to move faster then the turn cap.

Make a ballistic curve go all the way to the right till it says 100.. then set it to 98. You will never hit the turn cap

I have all my ballistic curves set at 99.99. Never had a problem hitting the turn cap on any game. 

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:30 AM - 04/21/19 »
Yeah but if you have your pubg movement sensitivity set to 100 it's a 0 to 100 movement speed when you push the analog stick.

If you use an elite controller you can configure the triggers to 0-100.. making a single touch of the trigger 100 percent pull. I used to use an elite controller so if I drove a vehicle if I touched the trigger it was max acceleration.. u can also set your left stick to instant on the elite controller. And movement on the stick is 100 percent stick pull

So if they use these methods to try to find m&k they would end up banning alot of elite controller users.. Microsoft wouldn't be happy about that

If anything it would be them seeing a input device trying to move faster then the turn cap.

Make a ballistic curve go all the way to the right till it says 100.. then set it to 98. You will never hit the turn cap

I have all my ballistic curves set at 99.99. Never had a problem hitting the turn cap on any game.

If I could ask you please. How do you set a curve to 99.99?  What if I do not want a curve, is it possible to set 99.99?

Offline Convivium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:18 AM - 04/21/19 »

If I could ask you please. How do you set a curve to 99.99?  What if I do not want a curve, is it possible to set 99.99?

click on the Ballistic Curve Editor under your aim settings. You will need to set it for each type aim you have (Hip and ADS).

A graph should pop up.

The X-axis represents your mouse movement (0 to 100%).

The Y-axis represents the corresponding in-game movement (0 to 100%).

Take the slider underneath the X-axis and move it all the way to the right.

The number below it should read 100 and you should have noticed the Y-Axis slider move to 100%

Make sure the X- Axis slider is all the way to the right then move the dot on the Y-axis slider down slightly.

Tap the 'plus' symbol next to the #'s % until you get to 99.99 or tap the # & enter in 99.99.

Move the graph back to zero. Using the X-axis slider.

Tap save.

Exit the Ballistic Editor.

Save your profile.

Repeat this for your ADS Aim.

What this does: even when you move your mouse at 100% speed, the in-game crosshair speed will only reach 99.99%.

So it will never hit the turn cap.
« Last Edit: 08:47 AM - 04/21/19 by Convivium »

Offline Scrappy6262

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:40 AM - 04/21/19 »

I have actually seen the same on the PUBG Forum. It's laughable.

If they ban ppl for using third party devices they better ban ppl who use an ssd.

I use an ssd myself.. but it's still a 3rd party device. It's not an xbox licensed product

Good call here! Totally agree and I am using one as well.

They review what the person was reported for then go and watch the game footage. They can actually see the individual inputs the player makes from the server side.

I suppose what they are looking for is the behavior associated with a keyboard press (ie you press a key and the in-game action goes from 0 to 100 instantly. There is no middle ground. Same for your mouse clicks)

More reason to use Simulate Analog Behavior, I guess.

Touching on your last point- IF they are looking at keystrokes server side it is fairly easy (I assume) to catch someone using kbam if they even touch 1 key extra they shouldn't have. Such as, A and D at the same time (by accident I would hope) as this shows the analog stick pegged left and right at the same time.

This is just one case I can think of. I am sure there's more, and this isn't something every player would have to take into count as the more experienced you are with kbam the less likely this is to happen. Though with SAB i'm not sure how it would actually look server side at a higher value if you pushed both nearly at the same time.

Maybe someone more knowledgable then me on it can chime in... Just figured i'd throw it out there for discussion. Any thoughts please add them! I love this sort of conversation here. Shows how talented the Xim team is at keeping us up and running

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:44 PM - 04/21/19 »

Easy fix. They can see who has an actual elite controller. Ban all normal controllers.
Iím not saying I want them to ban anybody but thatís how otherwise they will be in hot water with Microsoft for banning elite controllers

Happy I bought a cheeeeeeaaaaap refurb last year.
« Last Edit: 10:52 PM - 04/21/19 by Puhz »

Admin