XIM Community

Apex Legends sticky aim.....  (Read 3992 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Apex Legends sticky aim.....
« on: 09:58 AM - 04/19/19 »
I've been playing this game for a while now and love it! But, in the beginning the aim assist felt kinda wonky. I created a config that allowed me to have the stickiest possible aim I could have and ran with it. After the recent updates the server feels way way better and now I'm locking on to kids like I'm playing a story mode😆. I'm beaming these kids down 3 v 1 like a God. Is this a placebo affect of just improving? Or did the servers really get improved over apex' s current lifespan?

Ps: I only win 3 v 1's under two conditions. 1. Right off the jump and 2. When I'm fully equipped with either a lvl 2 or 3 body shield and good weapons. If I get a bad drop where I can't get to gear in time I get smoked just like everybody else. Just so there's no confusion. I do have bad games from time to time.
« Last Edit: 10:18 AM - 04/19/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
Re: Apex Legends sticky aim.....
« Reply #1 on: 12:59 PM - 04/19/19 »
Mind sharing the config ? Curious if you’re using custom in game sliders or just the standard in game sens

Offline TylerWahoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:46 PM - 04/19/19 »
Also curious what config you are running. I am currently running d1sable's first config (not his new updated one as I waiting to hear more field reports on that one)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 07:18 PM - 04/19/19 »
What's the point in posting a thread about sticky aim if you're not prepared to share settings?  ???

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:45 PM - 04/19/19 »
What's the point in posting a thread about sticky aim if you're not prepared to share settings?  ???
You see what happened when I posted the curve (which is a part of my settings) recently right? Only a couple (literally 2 people) of people tried it. And then it got shot down. Before I go through that again I wanted to know if it was a placebo affect. I don't want to go through that same bs again. I could have just improved. I've been playing this game since a week after the launch date. If it is a placebo and nothing has been done to improve the server then I would be wasting time posting something that doesn't work. Maybe I should have titled the post differently to get the answer I was seeking.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #5 on: 09:26 PM - 04/19/19 »
My current settings is almost aim bot but thanks anyways

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:50 PM - 04/19/19 »
My current settings is almost aim bot but thanks anyways
Shieet yours too? ;D I hold my mouse with my foot nowadays to make it somewhat challenging.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:33 PM - 04/19/19 »
Sweet well that makes all of us then😊. But I'd still like to know if something was done to fix the servers.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:48 PM - 04/19/19 »
Also curious what config you are running. I am currently running d1sable's first config (not his new updated one as I waiting to hear more field reports on that one)
I'll pm you.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:49 PM - 04/19/19 »
Mind sharing the config ? Curious if you’re using custom in game sliders or just the standard in game sens
not sure what custom sliders are but I will pm you.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 11:50 PM - 04/19/19 »
You see what happened when I posted the curve (which is a part of my settings) recently right? Only a couple (literally 2 people) of people tried it. And then it got shot down. Before I go through that again I wanted to know if it was a placebo affect. I don't want to go through that same bs again.
Don't be concerned about posting settings. Out of the norm stuff is always going to be challenged by those not prepared to test it.

As an example, mjfame's settings were criticised as being simple sensitivity curves, but something happens when a steep curve is mixed with Smoothing at 20 that can't be replicated when using a regular curve.

I've been playing with a modified version of his BO4 12K settings for a few weeks now and for whatever reason, it works. I have a sensitivity adjusted profile setup with a normal curve and the same relative turn speeds, both with and without Smoothing and I swap between them on-the-fly. I keep coming back to mj's - as much as I want to call it a placebo effect, it does feel good and plays well with BO4's aim.

In other words, challenge convention - as long as it works, who cares about the naysayers? The same guy said analog movement makes no difference to AA in BO4 and I can assure anyone who asks that it does. But that doesn't make one method better than the other, just different.

I've only played Apex Legends for a few games and I couldn't feel AA. I like to try different profiles to test the effect on look mechanics so would be interested in your take on the game.
« Last Edit: 11:54 PM - 04/19/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:53 AM - 04/21/19 »
You see what happened when I posted the curve (which is a part of my settings) recently right? Only a couple (literally 2 people) of people tried it. And then it got shot down. Before I go through that again I wanted to know if it was a placebo affect. I don't want to go through that same bs again.
Don't be concerned about posting settings. Out of the norm stuff is always going to be challenged by those not prepared to test it.

As an example, mjfame's settings were criticised as being simple sensitivity curves, but something happens when a steep curve is mixed with Smoothing at 20 that can't be replicated when using a regular curve.

I've been playing with a modified version of his BO4 12K settings for a few weeks now and for whatever reason, it works. I have a sensitivity adjusted profile setup with a normal curve and the same relative turn speeds, both with and without Smoothing and I swap between them on-the-fly. I keep coming back to mj's - as much as I want to call it a placebo effect, it does feel good and plays well with BO4's aim.

In other words, challenge convention - as long as it works, who cares about the naysayers? The same guy said analog movement makes no difference to AA in BO4 and I can assure anyone who asks that it does. But that doesn't make one method better than the other, just different.

I've only played Apex Legends for a few games and I couldn't feel AA. I like to try different profiles to test the effect on look mechanics so would be interested in your take on the game.
what in-game sensitivity are you running? The lower you go the more aim assist you get. That's why I recommended a while back that we get a retrain on 6/6 instead of 7/7. But, even though we didn't 6/6 still works phenomenally. That's what I use. Using 5 in any format was way too slow.

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:51 PM - 04/24/19 »
I'll pm you.
im in the same boat here. Mind pming the config and I will try out for you? :)

Offline shenalh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:41 PM - 04/24/19 »
Super interested in your config as well! I've been having a good amount of aim assist success with a configuration of my own. I obviously feel like mine could be improved a lot as I definitely don't feel like a God. I do beam down people mid range but that's about it.

4000 dpi
7/7 classic curve
90 FOV

500 Hz (Logitech G703)
Can't remember hip and ads but they are pretty arbitrary anyway.

Common Sync.
125 SAB.

No curves. No smoothing. Nothing else really.

Would be really helpful if you could pm/release your settings for cross reference. :)
Thanks a heap!
PS4 Pro.
Headset: Astro A40 / Turtle Beach Stealth 700
Kb: Razer Tartarus V2
Mouse: Logitech G703

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:16 PM - 04/24/19 »
Super interested in your config as well! I've been having a good amount of aim assist success with a configuration of my own. I obviously feel like mine could be improved a lot as I definitely don't feel like a God. I do beam down people mid range but that's about it.

4000 dpi
7/7 classic curve
90 FOV

500 Hz (Logitech G703)
Can't remember hip and ads but they are pretty arbitrary anyway.

Common Sync.
125 SAB.

No curves. No smoothing. Nothing else really.

Would be really helpful if you could pm/release your settings for cross reference. :)
Thanks a heap!
Have you considered trying 6/6 instead of 7/7? That alone with this config will give you a lot of aim assist. As oppose to changing your entire config to my turn speed limited deceleration config. Your settings are really good. They're pretty close to mine. I just have a few more bells and whistles added. You won't get aim assist long range on Apex. So I simply cut my turn speed with a curve to trace my targets with the triple take easier. I don't shoot AR's yards down the field. I make sure I have a sniper. If I can't get one I close the distance on foot to activate my aim assist.

Ps: how the heck do you use 90 fov?😲😲😲😲

Admin