XIM Community

Apex Legends sticky aim.....  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
Re: Apex Legends sticky aim.....
« Reply #15 on: 08:56 PM - 04/24/19 »
Super interested in your config as well! I've been having a good amount of aim assist success with a configuration of my own. I obviously feel like mine could be improved a lot as I definitely don't feel like a God. I do beam down people mid range but that's about it.

4000 dpi
7/7 classic curve
90 FOV

500 Hz (Logitech G703)
Can't remember hip and ads but they are pretty arbitrary anyway.

Common Sync.
125 SAB.

No curves. No smoothing. Nothing else really.

Would be really helpful if you could pm/release your settings for cross reference. :)
Thanks a heap!
Have you considered trying 6/6 instead of 7/7? That alone with this config will give you a lot of aim assist. As oppose to changing your entire config to my turn speed limited deceleration config. Your settings are really good. They're pretty close to mine. I just have a few more bells and whistles added. You won't get aim assist long range on Apex. So I simply cut my turn speed with a curve to trace my targets with the triple take easier. I don't shoot AR's yards down the field. I make sure I have a sniper. If I can't get one I close the distance on foot to activate my aim assist.

Ps: how the heck do you use 90 fov?😲😲😲😲
What's your fov?

Offline shenalh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:25 PM - 04/24/19 »
I got on to test 6/6 now. I'll give you some feedback afterwards.
I would quite honestly play on 110 FOV but I run into performance issues on my PS4 Pro if I go anything above 90. 70 FOV feels way too close.

PS4 Pro.
Headset: Astro A40 / Turtle Beach Stealth 700
Kb: Razer Tartarus V2
Mouse: Logitech G703

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:11 AM - 04/25/19 »
I got on to test 6/6 now. I'll give you some feedback afterwards.
I would quite honestly play on 110 FOV but I run into performance issues on my PS4 Pro if I go anything above 90. 70 FOV feels way too close.
Geez, I feel blind😔. That's pretty cool bro. Way too far for me. I use a close fov to be able to see where I'm placing my shots. I tried to further but it didn't work out. You could also use 7 horizontal 6 vertical. I know of some people that do it that way. But, I prefer a slow and accurate feel. Otherwise I can't stay in the hitbox. Try my curve as well. You can still use 7/7 just add it to your config. I don't want to change your config too much so if 7/7 feels better go with that and use my curve. And as I update the curve further I will send you the updated curve. I'm still working on it piece by piece. There's still more I can do. 

Ps: You're going to have to increase your mouse sensitivity on 6/6. But once you get it to a nice smooth turn when you engage with my curve you should stay in the bubble fairly easy. As long as you're not one of those erratic aimmers that move the mouse up, down, left right in the box you will be fine. Kills will increase.
« Last Edit: 02:21 AM - 04/25/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:25 AM - 04/25/19 »
I have so much I want to add to your config. But, I don't want to destroy it. I'm going to pm you to get better understanding of why you don't use certain things. I don't want to drag this post on too long. Check your inbox.
« Last Edit: 02:34 AM - 04/25/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:42 AM - 04/25/19 »
Super interested in your config as well! I've been having a good amount of aim assist success with a configuration of my own. I obviously feel like mine could be improved a lot as I definitely don't feel like a God. I do beam down people mid range but that's about it.

4000 dpi
7/7 classic curve
90 FOV

500 Hz (Logitech G703)
Can't remember hip and ads but they are pretty arbitrary anyway.

Common Sync.
125 SAB.

No curves. No smoothing. Nothing else really.

Would be really helpful if you could pm/release your settings for cross reference. :)
Thanks a heap!
Have you considered trying 6/6 instead of 7/7? That alone with this config will give you a lot of aim assist. As oppose to changing your entire config to my turn speed limited deceleration config. Your settings are really good. They're pretty close to mine. I just have a few more bells and whistles added. You won't get aim assist long range on Apex. So I simply cut my turn speed with a curve to trace my targets with the triple take easier. I don't shoot AR's yards down the field. I make sure I have a sniper. If I can't get one I close the distance on foot to activate my aim assist.

Ps: how the heck do you use 90 fov?😲😲😲😲
What's your fov?
76, I can't go any higher unfortunately. It messes with my shot placement and makes headshots harder for me.

Offline uhsoka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:02 AM - 04/25/19 »
Also curious what config you are running. I am currently running d1sable's first config (not his new updated one as I waiting to hear more field reports on that one)
I'll pm you.

Could you share me your config too? I've been testing/ searching for settings with the highest aim assist on this game(since you barely get any). Been tweaking with hz/polling rate/ trying slow/common sync but can't get it to feel right. Currently lowered my dpi to 800 dpi and I slighty get more aim assist.

Offline shenalh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:04 PM - 04/25/19 »
Just a quick update on what's happening with my config at the moment.

I have been communicating in pms with Gamingnerd and so far I have made a whole another new profile on my Xim based on my original settings what I have posted here.

Currently I use 6/6, 90 FOV, Classic Curve.
4000 dpi, 500hz.

I have added 3 smoothing to my ADS, adding smoothing to HIP somehow managed to take away fluidity in my look movements and for some reason my hip fire is pretty much dead on with the tracking.

I'm yet to try any curves. Will report back once I have.

Overall, I like the changes. But like you said, I'm not currently sure if it's placebo, my games seem to have an extra kill or two in them but they could obviously be chance because, battle royales, amiright? But I'm definitely going to keep testing this out because unlike when I first started using the xim and following the whole "aim assist messes you up with the xim" this actually works wonders for me.
PS4 Pro.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:50 PM - 04/25/19 »
Just a quick update on what's happening with my config at the moment.

I have been communicating in pms with Gamingnerd and so far I have made a whole another new profile on my Xim based on my original settings what I have posted here.

Currently I use 6/6, 90 FOV, Classic Curve.
4000 dpi, 500hz.

I have added 3 smoothing to my ADS, adding smoothing to HIP somehow managed to take away fluidity in my look movements and for some reason my hip fire is pretty much dead on with the tracking.

I'm yet to try any curves. Will report back once I have.

Overall, I like the changes. But like you said, I'm not currently sure if it's placebo, my games seem to have an extra kill or two in them but they could obviously be chance because, battle royales, amiright? But I'm definitely going to keep testing this out because unlike when I first started using the xim and following the whole "aim assist messes you up with the xim" this actually works wonders for me.
No, it's definitely not a placebo. This is great news!😄😄😄. This was the purpose of my post. I wanted to see if I had achieved what I set out to achieve using 6/6 and now that you've stated that your tracking is dead on. I know I'm 100%right. Now add my curve to both hip and ads and you will see how smooth and precise your aim will be. Thank you for being one of the few to actually try my settings and suggestions without calling it a placebo. Once you add my curve which will limit your turn speed by 5% you will see how it locks right on target short and medium range. And once you try my curve if you feel what i feel we will add two more steps to your config and you will be all set.

I've also made a few updates to my current config last night. I'm working to take what we've discussed a notch higher. I will give you updates so that you can work them into your config as well to feel comfortable for you. Then after we're done you can release the config if you like it.

Offline shenalh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:56 PM - 04/25/19 »
Where do I find your curve? 🤔
I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

Edit:
Nvm. Found it. I'm an idiot. Testing out now. Just for self and thread reference, my settings with the curve (currently still playing on 6/6)
6/6 / 90 FOV / 4000 dpi / 500 Hz / 18&16 hip&ads / 2 Smoothing on ADS / 125 SAB on both hip and ads.

Just got three back to back wins. Putting curve into the setup mentioned above.
« Last Edit: 06:36 PM - 04/25/19 by shenalh »
PS4 Pro.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:16 PM - 04/25/19 »
Where do I find your curve? 🤔
I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

Edit:
Nvm. Found it. I'm an idiot. Testing out now. Just for self and thread reference, my settings with the curve (currently still playing on 6/6)
6/6 / 90 FOV / 4000 dpi / 500 Hz / 18&16 hip&ads / 2 Smoothing on ADS / 125 SAB on both hip and ads.

Just got three back to back wins. Putting curve into the setup mentioned above.
Nice, keep me posted😄. Oh, one thing. You will have to raise your sensitivity with my curve. If you get as high as 25 that's ok. No matter how high you go you will stay within the cap and experience 0 slowdown. Make it comfortable as we spoke about. And watch the beauty of being a God unfold😃. In reality, to achieve sticky aim on any game is to tune your config to a lower sensitivity. Controller users get aim assist because they can use 4/4 and 5/5. Imagine if we could go as low as 5/5 without the slowdown on our ads. We'd be unstoppable.

« Last Edit: 09:35 PM - 04/25/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline shenalh

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:17 AM - 04/26/19 »
Played a lot today, with and without curve and I'm ending the day with this.

6/6, 4000 dpi, classic curve.

Hip 17, ADS 15.5
Curve on both hip and ads
SAB on both hip and ads 150
Smoothing 2 on ADS

This allowed me to sleepily laser with guns such as 301, 99, Alternator, Flatline, Prowler. For some odd reason Wingman shots didn't line up properly sometimes. But the fact that it pretty much auto tracked people for me at 1 am when I was definitely not at my best certainly says something.

I actually tried adjusting settings for 5/5 but found the AA bubble to be a bit too strong. If you didn't land your initial shot in 5/5 it was extremely difficult to bring it back to the bubble.
PS4 Pro.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #26 on: 09:47 AM - 04/26/19 »
Can you pm me your config? Would love to try it out

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:53 AM - 04/26/19 »
Played a lot today, with and without curve and I'm ending the day with this.

6/6, 4000 dpi, classic curve.

Hip 17, ADS 15.5
Curve on both hip and ads
SAB on both hip and ads 150
Smoothing 2 on ADS

This allowed me to sleepily laser with guns such as 301, 99, Alternator, Flatline, Prowler. For some odd reason Wingman shots didn't line up properly sometimes. But the fact that it pretty much auto tracked people for me at 1 am when I was definitely not at my best certainly says something.

I actually tried adjusting settings for 5/5 but found the AA bubble to be a bit too strong. If you didn't land your initial shot in 5/5 it was extremely difficult to bring it back to the bubble.
I think it's safe to say that I've told the truth. My experience with 5/5 was actually really good. The strong aim assist allowed me to put up 12 kills per game. And after I did that consistently 3 games a row I came to the conclusion that it may not be the overall Xim settings. I think the smart translator settings only make up one part of equation. I truly feel that the lower you're allowed to take your in-game sensitivity the stronger your aim will be and the more kills you will put up.

I haven't tested this yet, but I will Monday. I will screen shot my current config, erase everything and run a default config on all syncs with 6/6 and 5/5 only adjusting mouse sensitivity to compensate. And I will post my results on this page as the final post for this thread. In recent post, I always mentioned that I never play on max in-gsme sensitivity. I always mentioned that I take my sensitivity slightly lower. The strong aim I feel is probably less of my Xim settings and more of the game itself. But I will look further into theory and post my findings.

Offline Twoiwillie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:00 PM - 04/26/19 »
Could I try this config as well? I've been using the base config for a while and have noticed that even on default I can't get back into the bubble once I miss a little to the left or right so I'm curious how this one does.

Offline Kanon9993

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:09 AM - 04/27/19 »
I would also like to test your cfg. I cant seem to get any aim assist with any cfg I have tested. I'm also a retired CSS pro player so it could be I just don't notice the assist as I pretty much just laser everyone anyway.  the only reason I play console now is because the hard core cheating has become so bad on pc and from what I can tell I dont notice the wallhacking or aimboting on the xbox.

Admin