XIM Community

Too Late?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
Too Late?
« on: 09:03 PM - 07/27/08 »
Is it too late to get in on the first shipment of DIY Kits? I want to paypal some money...but not if I have to wait until after the pre-builts. If that's the case, I will just get a pre-built.

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
Re: Too Late?
« Reply #1 on: 10:10 PM - 07/27/08 »
You're probably a bit late for the first DIY kit shipments. Derek said whoever pre-ordered is guaranteed a DIY Kit. You can still order, but there's no guarantee that you will get it in the first shipment. I believe the first shipment had at least 100+ people who pre-ordered. You can still try to order through the store but you will most likely have to wait for pre-builts. I don't know if they will offer anymore DIY Kits when they release the pre-builts though.
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline ibuycheap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:59 PM - 07/27/08 »
Why wouldn't they take any more orders for diy kits. They still haven't even ordered from a fab yet.

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:47 AM - 07/28/08 »
Why wouldn't they take any more orders for diy kits. They still haven't even ordered from a fab yet.

They already took orders from fab last week. They will either wait for 2nd shipment or make pre-built units.
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:22 AM - 07/28/08 »
Yup. They got the first batch on the 25th. I got a feeling they ordered more than the number of pre-orders. So you may be fine still with getting one from the first batch. It's a guess anyway. The more you order from the fab the cheaper it is per unit per run.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:57 AM - 07/28/08 »
I was hoping for a XIM team member to answer this for me, because although I do appreciate your speculation, it is just that...speculation.