XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Help With Device Registering  (Read 89 times)

Offline basicmine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LilCarrrot
[ACTIVE] Help With Device Registering
« on: 07:36 PM - 04/16/19 »
Hello everyone, I am trying to get my XIM Apex geared up to play some Overwatch on PS4, which is why I bought it. Note: I am not using a third-party controller.

The controller is not registering in the app, where it should show a little icon saying that the controller is connected, because it happened earlier and I was aware of it. My keyboard and mouse worked in-game for about a minute and Iím not sure whether it was because the controller was registered or not. After eating dinner, I came back and it wasnít working. The XIM Apex was not registering my controller, and I couldnít get it to work. I think that the PS4 controller has to be set to USB connection instead of Bluetooth connection, which is what it had been the whole time. To troubleshoot, I tried changing it to Bluetooth and back again to maybe reset a bug, and no affect.

A noticeable potential contributor to the problem was that the controller still acted as if it was connected through Bluetooth when it was supposed to be connecting through USB. When I disconnected the controller from the USB cord connected to the XIM, the controller was still working as if Bluetooth was on.

I removed the XIM Apex from the PS4. I did a hard reset on the system by holding the power button for 15 seconds, and then unplugging for around a minute, and then plugging it in and powering it on and there was no change.

Please help me get this figured out. Not sure where I went wrong, or if there is a bug contributing to the problem.

Thanks, basicmine.
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 04/17/19 by mist4fun »
K55 Corsair Keyboard, Corsair Harpoon RGB Mouse, PS4.

Offline TheCookieMonster

• View Profile
Re: Help With Device Registering
« Reply #1 on: 08:03 PM - 04/16/19 »
Iíve had a similar experience with my XIM4.

The issue was the cable from the controller. It would connect to the XIM but if I moved  it at all it would cause a connection issue. I know it sounds ridiculously simple but try swapping those.

Oh and make sure itís not just a charge cable, it needs to be able to transfer data.

Hope this helps.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 10:27 PM - 04/16/19 »
Plug the XIM into the console. M, kb and controller into the XIM hub. Turn the console on via the power button, not via the controller. Otherwise the controller will connect over BT and ignore the XIM.

Ensure the Communication Method in PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers is set to USB.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:09 AM - 04/17/19 »
It does sound like the controller is connecting wirelessly to the console. This is usually due to the cable or controller port, testing other data cables may help.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline basicmine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:26 AM - 04/17/19 »
Iíve had a similar experience with my XIM4.

The issue was the cable from the controller. It would connect to the XIM but if I moved  it at all it would cause a connection issue. I know it sounds ridiculously simple but try swapping those.

Oh and make sure itís not just a charge cable, it needs to be able to transfer data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input, I should probably just get a new cord. One of the cords I have falls out a lot of the time, and the other was from a junk drawer. They are both capable of transferring information to the XIM Apex app, but stopped working in then end. Should I just replace it, as it could be a faulty cord? Are there any cords specified for this type of thing?

Offline basicmine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:30 AM - 04/17/19 »
Plug the XIM into the console. M, kb and controller into the XIM hub. Turn the console on via the power button, not via the controller. Otherwise the controller will connect over BT and ignore the XIM.

Ensure the Communication Method in PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers is set to USB.

Thanks, this might work. I already have the PS4 controller set to USB connection, so I, at a loss for why it is connecting through Bluetooth. This may be the solution, Iíll have to see.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Help With Device Registering
« Reply #6 on: 09:34 AM - 04/17/19 »
I believe the wired communication mode should just be used when the controller is connected using a cable. If the controller is unable to use wired mode it will connect wirelessly instead.

Offline basicmine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:15 PM - 04/17/19 »
I believe the wired communication mode should just be used when the controller is connected using a cable. If the controller is unable to use wired mode it will connect wirelessly instead.

Itíll connect wirelessly automatically if the cord isnít working no matter if it is set to USB connection?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:17 PM - 04/17/19 »
I don't have this controller type but this is my understanding. This can be tested. Set the console communication method to USB, disconnect APEX and use the controller wirelessly.