XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 229778 times)

Offline Roman_M

• Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: total008575
It goes to the gamepad, you need a Y splitter that separates Mic and Headphone output, connect the Mic on the Mic Input.

I'm not sure if works directly on the controller like on PS or you need the Xbox Headset Adapter

I don't own a XB, others might confirm this.
If there is a 4-pin main jack, it will work, but ... if I use this Y-splitter, how do I connect the cpu + amplifier go now to the headphones (bt990pro), how should the microphone go to the gamepad?  (microphone audiotechnika atgm 2 * 3pin jack (two stripes) - but this jack will not work on elite gamepad 2, the microphone sees, but will not sound, as a 4-pin jack is required. (IF IT WAS ORIGINALLY 4-PIN  , IT WOULD WORK 100%. In the kit, a Y-splitter adapter was put into this microphone (it is small, there is one headphone jack, the other for the microphone), it is working, I tried. But how to connect the splitter and the connected headphones, (the headphones are already connected  to the amplifier, I don't know how to explain to you what I want ...
Eve Spectrum 4k/144hz ✓ Xbox series X ✓ Xbox elite series 2 ✓ Jds ell dac 2 ✓ Jds atom amp ✓ Insignia audio extractor ✓Bayerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm ✓ Audio-Technica ATGM 2 ✓ASTRO Gaming ,  MixAmp Pro TR ✓Shiit loki mini ✓iFi Zen Can ✓ Varmilo MA87 Koi with EC switch V2 Wired Mechanical KeyboardMA87MCu2W/WR2BnGJv ✓ ZYGEN NP-01G Esports Mouse (Glossy) ✓ BOSE SPORT EARBUDS BLUE ✓ Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 XB ✓ HyperX Cloud Mix ✓

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile
Hi, personally , as i said , my modmic is connected to the mixamp in the “ headset jack” with my headset , i just use an Y cable to join the both signal in one , have you test the Y cable ?

you don’t understand what I wrote .... The splitter is included with the microphone itself, but if you use it, then there will be no need to connect the headphones to the amplifier, since the wire from the headphones and the wire from the microphone will go to this splitter !!!!  I WILL REPEAT AGAIN, I HAVE EARS AND MICROPHONE GO EXCELLENT!  EARS GO TO AMPLIFIER WITH SOUND CARD, JDS.  A MICRRPHONE, ON THE WIRE GOES TO THE GAMEPAD!  BUT AS THERE IS A 3-PIN JACK IT DOESN'T WORK!  HOW TO MAKE IT EARN?  ADAPTERS FROM MICROSOFT DIDN'T HELP, ORDERED AN ADAPTER FROM AMASCHON (FROM 3PIN TO 4PIN) DID NOT HELP ..

Look man I'm doing what I can, no need to write in capital letters in angry mode ;)
 first of all,my native language is not English, I'm doing what I can to understand what is written the best I can, and yes I can make mistakes,
and secondly I was just trying to help. Sorry I don't have THE solution to your problem, or sorry if I can't understand the problem (maybe a diagram can help)
I hope you will get there, and obviously it will be without my help.
Good luck to you.

Offline Roman_M

• Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
Hi, personally , as i said , my modmic is connected to the mixamp in the “ headset jack” with my headset , i just use an Y cable to join the both signal in one , have you test the Y cable ?

you don’t understand what I wrote .... The splitter is included with the microphone itself, but if you use it, then there will be no need to connect the headphones to the amplifier, since the wire from the headphones and the wire from the microphone will go to this splitter !!!!  I WILL REPEAT AGAIN, I HAVE EARS AND MICROPHONE GO EXCELLENT!  EARS GO TO AMPLIFIER WITH SOUND CARD, JDS.  A MICRRPHONE, ON THE WIRE GOES TO THE GAMEPAD!  BUT AS THERE IS A 3-PIN JACK IT DOESN'T WORK!  HOW TO MAKE IT EARN?  ADAPTERS FROM MICROSOFT DIDN'T HELP, ORDERED AN ADAPTER FROM AMASCHON (FROM 3PIN TO 4PIN) DID NOT HELP ..

Look man I'm doing what I can, no need to write in capital letters in angry mode ;)
 first of all,my native language is not English, I'm doing what I can to understand what is written the best I can, and yes I can make mistakes,
and secondly I was just trying to help. Sorry I don't have THE solution to your problem, or sorry if I can't understand the problem (maybe a diagram can help)
Good luck to you.
Just do not write anything, help from you is like a goat of milk.
Eve Spectrum 4k/144hz ✓ Xbox series X ✓ Xbox elite series 2 ✓ Jds ell dac 2 ✓ Jds atom amp ✓ Insignia audio extractor ✓Bayerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm ✓ Audio-Technica ATGM 2 ✓ASTRO Gaming ,  MixAmp Pro TR ✓Shiit loki mini ✓iFi Zen Can ✓ Varmilo MA87 Koi with EC switch V2 Wired Mechanical KeyboardMA87MCu2W/WR2BnGJv ✓ ZYGEN NP-01G Esports Mouse (Glossy) ✓ BOSE SPORT EARBUDS BLUE ✓ Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 XB ✓ HyperX Cloud Mix ✓

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile

Good luck to you.

you are incredibly aggressive,  :o you've been on the forum for a month and you still haven't grasped the side between help and community? what's the next step? insults?
I don't know what frustrates you so much in your life to be so unrelaxed but do something about it... sports maybe? or a woman?
After that I don't know if some kind soul will help you by seeing your attitude, but you never know...
As for me, I'm going to go and graze on the grass, laughing, imagining that you're getting upset trying to connect your headset and microphone.  ;D
goodbye and good luck 8)

Offline Roman_M

• Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile

Good luck to you.

you are incredibly aggressive,  :o you've been on the forum for a month and you still haven't grasped the side between help and community? what's the next step? insults?
I don't know what frustrates you so much in your life to be so unrelaxed but do something about it... sports maybe? or a woman?
After that I don't know if some kind soul will help you by seeing your attitude, but you never know...
As for me, I'm going to go and graze on the grass, laughing, imagining that you're getting upset trying to connect your headset and microphone.  ;D
goodbye and good luck 8)
graze on the lawn you do better and the grass tastes good.  You are fit for this role, my foreign friend with your senseless advice.  Good luck to you

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile

Good luck to you.

goodbye and good luck 8)
graze on the lawn you do better and the grass tastes good.  You are fit for this role, my foreign friend with your senseless advice.  Good luck to you

Thank you but I don't need your good luck, because unlike you I'm cool, being on the forum for much longer, I've had plenty of time to see how great the community is, except for a few newcomers who often think they are better than everyone else. Every time I've needed help, I've gotten it, every time I send a PM I've been answered with kindness, I just hope it's will be the same for you.
Continue to be contemptuous and you will certainly be forgotten or be nice, like almost everyone here,and you will have a precious help, as you want.
But I'm tired of this childishness and I sincerely hope you will find a solution.

it's okay guys you can put the popcorn away i'm done :-X

Offline Roman_M

• Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile

Good luck to you.

goodbye and good luck 8)

Thank you but I don't need your good luck, because unlike you I'm cool, being on the forum for much longer, I've had plenty of time to see how great the community is, except for a few newcomers who often think they are better than everyone else. Every time I've needed help, I've gotten it, every time I send a PM I've been answered with kindness, I just hope it's will be the same for you.
Continue to be contemptuous and you will certainly be forgotten or be nice, like almost everyone here,and you will have a precious help, as you want.
But I'm tired of this childishness and I sincerely hope you will find a solution.

it's okay guys you can put the popcorn away i'm done :-X
The main thing is not to cry, everything will be fine, you will succeed, do not hesitate) there is simply little benefit from you, angry.  On this, please do not write more of your advice.  You are a good guy, but that, no, no ...

Offline MisterWicked1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MisterWicked1
Awesome!, no problem  ;)

I think I found Emperor Potara latest EQ for Clouds 2 and Revolver: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wqoKRrRKBXUFB4cN9SBQJZ0ExD4zczBc

Answering those who asked me: what is my current Setup?.

I'm using the Mayflower ARC MK2 with Beyerdynamics DT990Pro for competitive gaming, for casual inmersion I went back to my Hifiman HE-4XX.

I'm using the Mayflower ARC on Optical mode, my microphone is a sE V7 dynamic XLR microphone connected to the Shure MVi USB Interface connected to my console, its headphone output goes to the back of the ARC Audio In, this allows me can hear party chat+my voice and control/mix its volume with the game audio that comes from the optical input, this way I have Hi-Res Audio quality and a professional microphone quality for vocals.

MVi offers EQ presets, one specific for speech that increase clarity and presence, couldn't be happier.

I can stream from my console using a pro XLR microphone with a supercardioid pattern, which is made for singing surrounded by instruments and only picks your voice, this means it doesn't pick up background noise at all, no matter how hard I smash my keys (blues switches) my friends doesn't hear a thing.

Hey Alan, what are you on a ps5 or Xbox x? What are you powering the usbinterface with PC?

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Quote from: MisterWicked1
Hey Alan, what are you on a ps5 or Xbox x? What are you powering the usbinterface with PC?
I was lucky, got a PS5 at day one... I've barely play on it :-[  ::).

I'm on PS4 Pro still, Shure MVi Interface is compatible with PS4 delivers Pro XLR Mic signal natively practical for ocassional streaming.

When broadcasting from a streaming PC, I use GoXLR as mic interface (MVi works too) and manage my broadcast on OBS to be able to use overlays, music, filters and fancy ducking mic compression trick which makes my voice is always prevalent above in the mix, lowering automatically game and background music only when I speak, then goes back up. - Let me know if you want me to share it.

For PC streaming console gameplay and you want to manage Console Game Chat (Teamates) independently so you can:
a) Mute Game Chat so the viewers can't heard them but you can.
b) Mute your mic to your Game Chat, so they can't hear you talking with your stream viewers.
c) Mute or control volume of your Game Chat, etc.

It gets messy, an intermediate device is needed to get GameChat audio output to a PC audio Input and the Mic Headphone feedback(your voice) from your interface to your console mic input.

Offline MisterWicked1

• View Profile
Are you splitting your mic to the PC and ps4 simultaneously? I never got around to getting everything of mine together.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Are you splitting your mic to the PC and ps4 simultaneously? I never got around to getting everything of mine together.
PS4 Audio Device In/Out: USB Soundcard,
Primary Output Port: HDMI Out
Output to Headphones: Chat Audio.

USB Soundcard on PS4 Headphone out → PC Audio-In.
Interface Headphone out (Voice monitoring signal) → *Inline Volume Control adapter →  USB Soundcard Mic In.
Streaming PC gets console audio through HDMI from the PS4 to the internal capture card (elgato 4K60 Pro).

Not splitting more like "feeding signals".

*You can't feed a Mic/In with an Audio output signal, is way too strong that's why I use a volume controller knob to lower its volume.   ;)

+ Ground loops might be required to avoid buzz.
« Last Edit: 06:25 PM - 04/27/21 by alanmcgregor »

Offline MisterWicked1

• View Profile
Well you feel like drawing it up one day I would be interested some reason I can't follow it. I know things would be wayyy simpler if we were able to use two usb devices like a soundcard and usb mic.

Offline Roman_M

• Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
Alan, Hello.  Help connect "Astro mix amp pro tr" to "Jds ell dac 2 + Jds atom amp" via xbox.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Alan, Hello.  Help connect "Astro mix amp pro tr" to "Jds ell dac 2 + Jds atom amp" via xbox.
I answered you on the other topic, I repeat it here:

"You can do it, but don't, makes no sense.

MixAmp internal DAC is inferior to JDS El DAC II. You should always feed the best DAC with the RAW digital audio source, in this case HDMI (through HDMI audio extractor).

Passing a preprocessed analog audio from the MixAmp DAC to the JDS EL DAC is like taking a photo of a sunset with your phone, and then taking a picture of that photo on your phone with a big sensor and large lenses professional camera expecting to have better image. Just take the photo with your best camera on the first place.

DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) is a device that "interprets sound" converting 10101 on analog signal so we can hear it. Better the DAC better sound representation.

Let's say we have a concert piano, who you prefer to play a Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor, a college piano teacher (your controller DAC), a concert pianist (MixAmp DAC) or Beethoven (JDS EL DAC)

The AMP on this analogy is the speakers(audio system) and acoustics on that concert room.

Sorry for the harsh analogy but, is important to differentiate these two components, that can go separately or together.

If you are having problems to hear sound with your current amp, make sure you have set right (use high gain) or try a more easy to drive headphones (lower impedance below 150 Ohms), if you AMP is not powered correctly then is flawed".

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Side comment

I got a Xbox Series X, I'll set it up and tested with my audio gear.  ;D

Admin