XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 259476 times)

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
yeah the 3d sound is gimmicky I had been stereo only advocate always, but some people likes it specially for campaign only games.
CoD Modern Warfare 2/Warzone 2 - Pro Script FULL DEMO:
https://youtu.be/CyWHtltetHM

Offline Roman_M

• family of gamers and audiophiles
    • View Profile
Good day to all friends.  I would like to know how you are doing;) I would like to hear something interesting from Alan, what he has and how.  All the best.  👋

from the bad....
 The ifi zen can amplifier stopped working for me, once there was a sound jump in the game and after that the amplifier didnít work anymore, I bought it on the official website, and now I donít know what to do with it :(
Eve Spectrum 4k/144hz ✓ Xbox series X ✓ Xbox elite series 2 ✓ Jds ell dac 2 ✓ Jds atom amp ✓ Insignia audio extractor ✓Bayerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm ✓ Audio-Technica ATGM 2 ✓ASTRO Gaming ,  MixAmp Pro TR ✓Shiit loki mini ✓iFi Zen Can ✓ Varmilo MA87 Koi with EC switch V2 Wired Mechanical KeyboardMA87MCu2W/WR2BnGJv ✓ ZYGEN NP-01G Esports Mouse (Glossy) ✓ BOSE SPORT EARBUDS BLUE ✓ Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 XB ✓ HyperX Cloud Mix ✓

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Hi Roman. The Zen Can has a 1 year warranty, so if you bought it less than 12 months ago, give iFi a call.

If not, an electronics repair shop would be your best bet.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi Roman_M  :)

Sorry to hear/read that; fortunately iFi is reliable manufacturer. Claim your warranty they will help you out, no doubt they have a very efficient customer support.  ;)

I'm in a very weird place as a 45 years old gamer... facing the fact that I have to change the way I enjoy this hobby.

Me coming from Atari, NES, SNES you know old school games that make you suffer to enjoy or achieve something, and then in my youth all the competitive hardcore like CS, Quake, sweating grinding.

Now, my reflexes are not even close that what used to be, I use bi-focal glasses my sight is always tired and blurry now I'm dealing with a hearth condition that demands low stress levels (living in a town with cartel war is a challenge) I'm facing the sad reality that I can't play FPS shooters anymore...

Hi-Res Music listening, building custom keyboards had been my new hobbies, I keep playing this particular FPS game with my friends, we have thousands hours on it, taking it easy... its a poker night and I do it more for the social aspect of having friends to talk, more than actually play.

However, I missed a new FPS game, because BF2042 was disappointing. So, I pick up CoD MW2, enjoyed the campaign, then jump to MP and oh god... it was rough, pissed because I can't play like I used to be, went back to the drawing board wrote some scripts to get an competitive edge (made a very helpful semi-aimbot -not exaggerate) and went back to MP, right away: positive KD, but a moment of clarity hit me... man I really need all these helps to be able to play a game and enjoy it?... - feel dirty and went back to music listening XD.

Sucks to get old, I guess.  :-\  :'(
« Last Edit: 03:14 PM - 11/05/22 by AMG »

Offline Train1991

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Likeatrain
Can anyone reccomended a headset to pair with the Astro Mixamp? I'm wanting to replace my a40 tr as it's literally falling apart.

Or would I be better off replacing the mixamp too? I'm on XSX. Thanks in advance

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Best gaming headset you can get without need an amplifier: Drop PC38X

Second place: Hyper X Cloud X

Offline Train1991

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Likeatrain

Will they plug into the Astros mixamp?

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile

Will they plug into the Astros mixamp?

Yup, totally compatible and if you read the first page might find some EQ to make it even more revealing for listen footsteps.

Admin