XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 246708 times)

Offline iiTz Krai

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iiTz Krai
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been posted or not but Zalias has his own website now. It's https://www.thezeference.com/

That is up to date and even contains game specific presets.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
And I bought myself a better power supply for "ifi zen", I don't know how it will be, better or not, but I gave a lot of money)

Hello Roman_M!  :D

Well, if you have a DAC or DAC/Amp with 5V DC power supply (like Mayflower ARC, some from Topping and SMSL), clean power improves audio quality, makes things sound more pleasent, less bright and edgy on the treble (which is electrical noise due a noisy power supply).

A good ultra low noise power supply, adds something that we called: "Black Background" this background makes you feel that you can ping point better different sound cues, gives depth to a soundstage, just like a nice OLED screen does to your games.

I have one actually, pretty happy with it; but I used for my audiophile stuff, however I use a special power supplies for audio that are cleaner and improves audio quality, called Lineal Power Supply, which use a transformer (looks like IronMan heart).

But game consoles are very noisy (electrical noise) devices. If you have your DAC connected to your console via USB (most likely PS4/PS5) USB also carries noise, and if you want to remove it you needs a USB sound regenerator and jitter remover (ifi Purifier 3 - $140 usd).

For gaming I don't recommend it going this extra step, only if you use your gaming DAC for listen Hi-Fi or Hi-Res music.

The thing is, taking these measures to clean audio signal... once you hear it clean, you don't want to go back, but if you don't try you are not going to miss it.  ;)

Just like upgrading from a mechanical hard disk to a SSD drive.
« Last Edit: 05:48 PM - 05/16/22 by AMG »

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Big shoutout to AMG for this comprehensive breakdown of audio solutions!  Curious, have you had any experience with the Audeze Penrose (X variant works with Ps5, Series X, and PC)?  Would love to hear your take on it as a wireless option.
Hi! thanks!

I tried bought one for my nephew, very convenient great audio quality for a Bluetooth transmiter, but still not up to par for the quality I ask for audio. Great for gaming tho, and very comfortable.

I can't say the same thing of my LCD2 which are heavy, but man they sound like a home theater in you head.

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been posted or not but Zalias has his own website now. It's https://www.thezeference.com/

That is up to date and even contains game specific presets.
Nop, that's awesome. Thanks for the heads up, going to post it on the first page!

Offline Lukasz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: boloMALAN

Hey Alan!

I have done everything as per your diagram, the only difference is that I have Arc MK2 so optic goes directly to Arc, but I have no sound at all.

Xbone sound settings are set to stereo too, any thoughts on what I am getting wrong?

Admin