XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 136558 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Re: *NEW* Astro A40/A50 TR + MixAmp - Best EQ Presets
« Reply #45 on: 04:55 PM - 07/03/19 »
Jusy fyi that senheiser 1000 is not compatible with ps4 so it says online.

No the GSX 1000 is made for PC since it does it's virtual surround sound through USB and PS4 does that through optical only.

You could also get an extra amplifier and pair that with your mixamp.  Connect your Optical from PS4 to Astro Mixamp to Schiit magni to GSP 600.
That should really boost your sound levels.  I'm surprised you need it though the GSP 600 is only 30ohms which is about the same as the Astro A40's.. I'd definitely double check your ps4 and ingame sound settings first.

Hmmm strange. With a40 headset its deafening full volume.

With gsp i need it full volume to be able to hear

Whats schiit magni

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05:07 PM - 07/03/19 »
Check the Volume Control (Headphones) at the Devices Menu on the Playstation, by default is 50%.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05:13 PM - 07/03/19 »
Hmmm strange. With a40 headset its deafening full volume.

Whats schiit magni

Yeah really strange is alan having the same experience? I have paired my mixamp with a sennheiser HD 598 which is really similar to your setup and could crank it as loud as my A40's.

Schiit magni is a top quality amplifier for the price range.   https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1
I've read on several forums from people that have paired it with the mixamp so it should be possible.  There might be even cheaper ones but you would have to check if they are compatible first.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05:17 PM - 07/03/19 »

Whats schiit magni

a $120 usd great quality and very reliable pre-amp for headphones.

Honestly if at this point you have problems to hear it, being a closed back highly passive noise cancelling cups, well instead of buying more equipment, you should go to the otolaryngologist... that is a noticeable hearing loss going on which can be aggrieved with the use of the louder headphones.

I feel it louder than the A40s, the treble was tricky for me, too edgy a crisp for my liking.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05:27 PM - 07/03/19 »
I feel it louder than the A40s, the treble was tricky for me, too edgy a crisp for my liking.

Exactly like my experience with the sennheisers. ;D  Was almost trying to avoid breaking windows and with the DT 990's i recently got it's even worse. Hopefully my ears will adjust to it over time.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06:18 PM - 07/03/19 »
Man, I loved the white-ish head-cups cushion on those, is so so great very comfy hehe.

BTW for anyone who want sharper footstep definition: focus your tweaking on the mediums... there is where footsteps and gunshots reside in most, if not all games.  ;)
« Last Edit: 10:21 PM - 07/16/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Onepumpchump-

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06:34 AM - 07/04/19 »
Now a quick question for for using MixAmp gen 4 I n pc. What kind of preset would you recommend for using MixAmp with Dolby Atmos.  Just a standard flat EQ??

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10:23 AM - 07/04/19 »
Arcturus or Dystrilation were updated to work with MixAmp Gen 4. In general I think are best from Zalias for all purposes. I don't know how perform the other ones which are not updated.

I'm fan of Saiyan Emperor Potara (Daredevil) presets, and he has specially tuned for each.

I can't recommend one becuase is really depending of your hearing capability and I don't have the amp.

The preset I shared, is very precise for me... I can spidersense my enemies but is too much to my old brain and ears, and I can't play for long. I can't recommended for everyone. The Arcturus, however is pretty good all around preset, my go-to however is AD700X Gamer God preset, ease treble, good mediums (I can notice foosteps) and very nice bass, but on the A40 headsets sounds very bland and different, than GSP600 due its frequency response.

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: bAggziLLA_11
« Reply #53 on: 04:38 PM - 07/06/19 »
Arcturus or Dystrilation were updated to work with MixAmp Gen 4. In general I think are best from Zalias for all purposes. I don't know how perform the other ones which are not updated.

I'm fan of Saiyan Emperor Potara (Daredevil) presets, and he has specially tuned for each.

I can't recommend one becuase is really depending of your hearing capability and I don't have the amp.

The preset I shared, is very precise for me... I can spidersense my enemies but is too much to my old brain and ears, and I can't play for long. I can't recommended for everyone. The Arcturus, however is pretty good all around preset, my go-to however is AD700X Gamer God preset, ease treble, good mediums (I can notice foosteps) and very nice bass, but on the A40 headsets sounds very bland and different, than GSP600 due its frequency response.

I just talked to Saiyan he will release a new version for the ad700x I'll send you message once he sends the v2 for ad700x.. the a50's was released today..
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
XIM APEX : 1000 HZ
Glorious Model O : 12000 DPI and 4000 DPI on 1000 HZ
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism
Audio Technica AD700x with Antlion Modmic and MixAmp TR

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05:08 PM - 07/06/19 »
Yep I read on the discord someone else is asking for this preset for GSP 600, and he needs the Frequency Response Chart in order to tune up the EQ. I'm not great for google searching but I asked Sennheiser support for the chart, they reply with the manual pdf XD, reply for the chart and the fellow who was giving support have no idea of it.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09:43 PM - 07/06/19 »
Got this off twitter it doesnt look very detailed but it might still be of some use to him.  :)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01:59 AM - 07/07/19 »
Awesome, thanks The prodigy

Offline xtess3ractx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xtess3ractx
Re: Astro A40 TR + MixAmp - Best Equalizer Pro Settings
« Reply #57 on: 01:00 PM - 07/15/19 »
Do you tried OmniVox? is pretty good on Battlefield and Battlefront footsteps are very noticeable, and I'm impaired of my right ear.

What in game settings do you use for BFV?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 03:35 PM - 07/19/19 »
Today I received the Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X, because I wanted an optional open-back headset for my casual gaming, which I was lucky enough to snatch it on 40% off.

First impressions:
+ By far the most comfortable headsets I have tried.
+ Audio quality is above any gaming headset below $200.00 usd mark. Definitely, inside of Audiophile category, above entry level, next tier.
+ Mic is crystal clear.
+ Weak bass and amazing wide sound stage, expected on a good quality open-back.
+ Treble is present is not killing my eardrums.
+ Middles are present, footsteps are noticable also in deep (estimate distance)

Haven't tried yet with 3D 7.1 of MixAmp only stereo.

« Last Edit: 04:55 PM - 07/19/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05:50 PM - 07/19/19 »
Nice those are the summit1g cans  :)  where did you snipe them at 40% discount?
I've actually had these on my list for quite a while.. Can you try them without a mixamp and let me know how they perform?  I feel like the mixamp actually limits the insane soundstage on those really wide frequency headphones, it just wasn't made for them since it supports only 20-20,000 Hz.
Not sure though maybe it's also the EQ's not being build for the sennheisers I used but they just sounded better without mixamp for me.

Admin