XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 184987 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hello,
Does you used Dolby almos with GSP 600 or stéréo uncompressed ?

Thanks
I think somewhere on the first pages of these thread is a link for GSP600 tuned with MixAmp by Emperor Potara. If not, you can join his discord to download it.  ;)

Hello Alanmacgregor!
Can you please tell me, I have Xbox Series X connected in this order astro mixamp pro tr gen3 - jds labs atom amp - ears HyperX Cloud Alpha Cloud9 Edition (I think to buy DT990Pro 250 ohm)
I have an audio extractor, is it worth adding it here and connecting it with an optical cable?
Also tell me which DAC is better for me to take, in Russia I have only three options: 1) Schiit Magni3 2) Topping D30 3) TOPPING E30
Here are my photos of the complete set, I will be glad for your help.https://imgur.com/a/YKYloRl
I play on a Dell S2721DGF monitor, it has a line-out!
If you are using the MixAmp as a DAC you audio goes Digital through the USB connection so doesn't makes any difference because it will end up being "interpreted" by MixAmp DAC. If you take out MixAmp DAC out of the chain, then yes go SPDIF via HDMI Audio Extractor and feed a better DAC with this signal.

1) Shiit Magni is a Amp, not a DAC, so its out.

2. Topping E30 or D30 both are pretty good DAC, you can't go wrong with either but I will take the one more up to date and with DSD playback is a nice feature to have for music listening on a PC or Laptop.  ;)

Pretty good set, those headphones had audiophile pedigree, you will most definitely notice a great improvement with a nice HiRes DAC. My recommendation will be JDS EL DAC I or II if you can afford it.

Offline Bagura32rus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: POLiCE_SHEERIFF
Hello,
Does you used Dolby almos with GSP 600 or stéréo uncompressed ?

Thanks
I think somewhere on the first pages of these thread is a link for GSP600 tuned with MixAmp by Emperor Potara. If not, you can join his discord to download it.  ;)

Hello Alanmacgregor!
Can you please tell me, I have Xbox Series X connected in this order astro mixamp pro tr gen3 - jds labs atom amp - ears HyperX Cloud Alpha Cloud9 Edition (I think to buy DT990Pro 250 ohm)
I have an audio extractor, is it worth adding it here and connecting it with an optical cable?
Also tell me which DAC is better for me to take, in Russia I have only three options: 1) Schiit Magni3 2) Topping D30 3) TOPPING E30
Here are my photos of the complete set, I will be glad for your help.https://imgur.com/a/YKYloRl
I play on a Dell S2721DGF monitor, it has a line-out!
If you are using the MixAmp as a DAC you audio goes Digital through the USB connection so doesn't makes any difference because it will end up being "interpreted" by MixAmp DAC. If you take out MixAmp DAC out of the chain, then yes go SPDIF via HDMI Audio Extractor and feed a better DAC with this signal.

1) Shiit Magni is a Amp, not a DAC, so its out.

2. Topping E30 or D30 both are pretty good DAC, you can't go wrong with either but I will take the one more up to date and with DSD playback is a nice feature to have for music listening on a PC or Laptop.  ;)

Pretty good set, those headphones had audiophile pedigree, you will most definitely notice a great improvement with a nice HiRes DAC. My recommendation will be JDS EL DAC I or II if you can afford it.
thank you for the advice.  I looked at JDS EL DAC I https://jdslabs.com/product/atom-dac/but it does not have an optical input, how can I then connect it to the XBSX?  The JDS EL DAC II is very expensive.  Thank you anyway!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
EL DAC I had Optical (You are looking to the Atom DAC) but is discontinued you may find it on ebay at good price.

Again, Topping is pretty good too.