XIM Community

[Gaming Audio] Astro MixAmp presets + Best Audio Gear Guide + Headphone Reviews  (Read 176008 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ya I'm not using an HDMI audio extractor since it reportedly can add input lag and disables free sync. Very sad looks like my mayflower arc may be retired.

I could plug my GSP 600s directly into the xbox controller. Or alternatively I read that the Astro MIXAMP PRO TR works with xbox. Would it be worth getting it? Would my GSP 600s work with them?

Thanks
I really doubt that adds input lag, makes no sense that accusation is only a pass-through in essence is like cable bridge, no image processing.

Just to clarify:
The only thing that can (in theory) add "input lag" is when video signal is processed by an intermediate device and sent to the TV in a different format, these processors are imaging or video processors like: cheap HDMI Switchers, Capture Cards, mClassic anti-alias remover(which doesn't) and specially: AV Receivers. That's why when you pick a AV receiver you have choose very wisely because it can remove HDR, not support VRR or lower the HDMI Bandwidth, good AV Receivers entry level are above $1000 -yeah quite pricey to screw it.

Anyways, you should be able to use the GSP 600 on XBSX/S with headset adapter.

mickyg77 - Yes, these is for gaming in general on PC however you have more flexibility and compatibility, Xbox is a closed environment.

HD 598 SR - Those are a pretty good cans, but a more like a beginner tier. A significant jump or upgrade will be HD600 / HD 650 / HD58X / HD 660S better yet feeling familiar. If you want more punchy and sharp sounding Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990, Philips Phidelio X2 for a budget yet pretty bass fun cans, Audio Technica ATH-1000X open airy, like having speakers in-front on you, AKG K701 wide soundstage, anything of those it will make your money worth, but a decent DAC is a must to get the best results.

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome

mickyg77 - Yes, these is for gaming in general on PC however you have more flexibility and compatibility, Xbox is a closed environment.

HD 598 SR - Those are a pretty good cans, but a more like a beginner tier. A significant jump or upgrade will be HD600 / HD 650 / HD58X / HD 660S better yet feeling familiar. If you want more punchy and sharp sounding Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990, Philips Phidelio X2 for a budget yet pretty bass fun cans, Audio Technica ATH-1000X open airy, like having speakers in-front on you, AKG K701 wide soundstage, anything of those it will make your money worth, but a decent DAC is a must to get the best results.

Would you recommend different products for PC then? I plan on pulling the trigger on some of the teals tiered ones pretty soon, but if you have different recommendations to go with my PC and HD 598 SEs, I'd love to hear them.

Admin