XIM Community

*NEW* Astro A40/A50 TR + MixAmp - Best EQ Presets  (Read 26916 times)

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: bAggziLLA_11
Re: Astro A40 TR + MixAmp - Best Equalizer Pro Settings
« Reply #15 on: 03:31 PM - 05/16/19 »
Yeah i tried it, could hear footsteps everywhere but had no idea where from. Scared the hell out of me.

Like i say its probably just me being not used to it. Ill try it again soon.

what headphones you are using?
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
XIM APEX : 1000 HZ
Glorious Model O : 12000 DPI and 4000 DPI on 1000 HZ
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism
Audio Technica AD700x with Antlion Modmic and MixAmp TR

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #16 on: 05:36 PM - 05/16/19 »
The ones that come with the Astro TR

Offline baum2k

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: baum2k
« Reply #17 on: 12:14 AM - 05/17/19 »
I use Arcturus for The Division 2 and Tournament III for R6 Siege. Sounds quite good! Thanks for sharing! :)

Offline traha9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:18 PM - 05/19/19 »
Could someone link Daredevil's EQ download for footsteps/FPS?

Also, Tounry III is great, but the voice comm is so loud? It sounds like someone is yelling in my ear, but the game sounds are perfect. I just got the A50s and im a complete noob. How do I fix this?
Xbox X; Astro A50 (Gen 3)

Offline CrimsonCrisis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:32 PM - 05/23/19 »
Which setting is the best for Rainbow Six Siege?

Offline baum2k

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: baum2k
« Reply #20 on: 11:56 PM - 05/23/19 »
@CrimsonCrisis I use Tournament III or OmniVox. Both work great. I think OmniVox is a bit better in my opinion. But it depends on you and your ears :)

Offline KingAudio123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KingArshan
« Reply #21 on: 01:20 PM - 05/29/19 »
Really liking your Arcturus setting for music and movies. My additional question is if you can still use this eq with dolby atmos for headphones turned on for xbox or microsoft sonic. I know if I choose these settings, I should turn Dolby off. Also, I tried Dolby on with this eq and it sounds very good.  I swapped this setting with "Bass Natural" eq preset for the new Gen 4 A40S with Mixamp pro as Bass Natural was giving me a very flat sound that didn't emphasize any good sound quality.

Thanks

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:52 PM - 06/01/19 »
Are not mine, this is all the work of TheZaliaSGuy all the credit to him, I'm only sharing his presets, you can reach him on the link on the first post. :)

About which EQ is better for each game... even though some EQ are meant for a specific games, everybody has different hearing capabilities, I suggest to try them all.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:22 PM - 06/25/19 »
UPDATE: Added Daredevil792 aka Saiyan Emperor Potara Official Presets made for specific headsets (Thanks to isidrojose for the heads up!). Are definitely outstanding too, specially if you have other headsets than A40/A50 with MixAmp.

Try them out! are outstanding!  ;D

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:11 AM - 06/26/19 »
UPDATE: Added Daredevil792 aka Saiyan Emperor Potara Official Presets made for specific headsets (Thanks to isidrojose for the heads up!). Are definitely outstanding too, specially if you have other headsets than A40/A50 with MixAmp.

Try them out! are outstanding!  ;D

yeah man! that guy is so great and very nice to talk with, regarding presets for astros..
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW* Astro A40/A50 TR + MixAmp - Best EQ Presets
« Reply #25 on: 11:12 AM - 06/26/19 »
I upgrade to Sennheiser GSP 600, those headphones are next level.

Zalias Tournament II for Battlefront I, II, Battlefield V are INSANE accurated like having a spider sense. I can hear every sound and locate them where they came from quickly, but... is too much for my brain, overwhelm.  I'll use that EQ preset for tryharding, but no for casual playing.

Any other EQ preset for A40 on the GSP600 feels too trebleish, metallic.

Potara Audio-Technica AD700X EQ preset was the most comfortable, immersive yet precise experience, that will be my go-to for casual gaming.

The Potara Cloud Hyper X EQ preset is the happy medium, more bass less treble and very precise, might need to get used to it.

As well-all-around I agree with most: Zalias Arcturus EQ preset is a delight, for cinematic games, music and movies. I use it with surround when the game is optimize for it, if not I go stereo, for music and movies is pretty dope.

When I got the Sennheiser, kind of regret at the beginning because it sounds so different... but then I acknowledge have been using the A40 for 3 years almost daily is natural to no embrace the change that easy, is like using new lens prescription, but is definitely an amazing upgrade.

I can't say the same of Audio Technica AD700, definitely a premium headset don't get me wrong but... the range wasn't as rich like GSP600, the open back design is pretty good, comfy but I needed to ramp up the volume a bit too much, (noisy enviroment) and I kept killing my friends ears everytime I muted/unmuted myself strong pop came out; the mic was weak too unlike the GSP 600 mic which is broadcast quality, I definitely will use for voice over I do in my job.

Germans man... they really are the masters of audio.
« Last Edit: 11:47 AM - 06/26/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:24 PM - 06/26/19 »
Interesting choice alan  :)   I've just received my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's  (250ohm)  and I'm waiting on my Soundblaster G6 which should arrive tomorrow.

I've already tried the sennheiser 599's and might be ordering the sennheiser HD 6XX soon if i don't enjoy the beyers.
Having used Astro's for almost 6 years i've also gotten attached to its sound signature and sennheisers definitely sound waaay different.  Barely any bass and a way more neutral sound where the astros are just up in your ears with lots of bass.

Offline isidrojose

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:31 PM - 06/26/19 »
Interesting choice alan  :)   I've just received my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's  (250ohm)  and I'm waiting on my Soundblaster G6 which should arrive tomorrow.

I've already tried the sennheiser 599's and might be ordering the sennheiser HD 6XX soon if i don't enjoy the beyers.
Having used Astro's for almost 6 years i've also gotten attached to its sound signature and sennheisers definitely sound waaay different.  Barely any bass and a way more neutral sound where the astros are just up in your ears with lots of bass.

Are you gonna sell 599?
PS4
BENQ RL2755HM
Razer Tartarus Chroma V2
SteelSeries QCK Prism

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:07 PM - 06/26/19 »
Are you gonna sell 599?

I returned them i always order headphones on amazon so you can try them for 30 days.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
« Reply #29 on: 01:18 PM - 06/26/19 »
I upgrade to Sennheiser GSP 600, those headphones are next level.

Zalias Tournament II for Battlefront I, II, Battlefield V are INSANE accurated like having a spider sense. I can hear every sound and locate them where they came from quickly, but... is too much for my brain, overwhelm.  I'll use that EQ preset for tryharding, but no for casual playing.

Any other EQ preset for A40 on the GSP600 feels too trebleish, metallic.

Potara Audio-Technica AD700X EQ preset was the most comfortable, immersive yet precise experience, that will be my go-to for casual gaming.

The Potara Cloud Hyper X EQ preset is the happy medium, more bass less treble and very precise, might need to get used to it.

As well-all-around I agree with most: Zalias Arcturus EQ preset is a delight, for cinematic games, music and movies. I use it with surround when the game is optimize for it, if not I go stereo, for music and movies is pretty dope.

When I got the Sennheiser, kind of regret at the beginning because it sounds so different... but then I acknowledge have been using the A40 for 3 years almost daily is natural to no embrace the change that easy, is like using new lens prescription, but is definitely an amazing upgrade.

I can't say the same of Audio Technica AD700, definitely a premium headset don't get me wrong but... the range wasn't as rich like GSP600, the open back design is pretty good, comfy but I needed to ramp up the volume a bit too much, (noisy enviroment) and I kept killing my friends ears everytime I muted/unmuted myself strong pop came out; the mic was weak too unlike the GSP 600 mic which is broadcast quality, I definitely will use for voice over I do in my job.

Germans man... they really are the masters of audio.

I have the astro a40 RT mixamp

If i get the Sennheiser GSP 600 will it work well with the amp?

Worth it over the standard astro a40 headset do u think?

Cheers