XIM Community

Fortnite - SA3 or SA5?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline MaNuAl

• View Profile
Fortnite - SA3 or SA5?
« on: 07:39 AM - 04/16/19 »
There's a lot of discussion over SA3 and SA5 but also not an awful lot on how it performs in Fortnite other than they seem to be the best firmware. What's everyone's views? Which is better overall to compliment AA? Are you using curves? Boost? Could I improve on the below setup?

I'm currently running SA3 with 12k DPI @ 500hz;

HIP
SA on, 84 boost, 10 sens, no curve and 1.00 Y/X Ratio.

ADS
SA on, 84 boost, 7.50 sens, no curve and 1.00 Y/X Ratio.
« Last Edit: 03:05 AM - 04/18/19 by MaNuAl »

Offline MaNuAl

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite - SA3 or SA5?
« Reply #1 on: 07:31 AM - 04/19/19 »
No one at all? :(

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 12:28 AM - 04/20/19 »
The Steady Aim experimental builds counter AA rather than compliment it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline $

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:52 PM - 04/28/19 »
Is Xim4 still playable on FN? Stopped a while back when mkb was being detected because there was no SAB feature yet.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:42 AM - 04/29/19 »
steady aim is not a good idea in fortnite, the game focuses too much on raw aim and steady aim reduces that
next to that the aim assist is mostly present while starting to zoom with a weapon, in all other combat scenarios the aim assist is rather low
if you have a xim apex then SAB is the better choice to not reduce your mouse accuracy, with a xim4 a little bit of boost could be the way to go as well

Is Xim4 still playable on FN? Stopped a while back when mkb was being detected because there was no SAB feature yet.

yes it is and they fully removed the detection as well, most likely because they locked out the official sony mouse and keyboard adapter
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ShaneYE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:06 PM - 06/07/19 »
yes it is and they fully removed the detection as well, most likely because they locked out the official sony mouse and keyboard adapter

If that's the case is there any way this impaired movement could be, in a word, fixed? On the XIM4 we have nothing like SAB and therefore, our characters aren't able to walk in straight lines which is fairly frustrating to say the least. Appreciate the effort, and hope to hear back from you.

PS: without sounding stupid, what's this SA3 / 5 / 6 I've seen people talking about, I'm a little lost, thanks

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 04:43 PM - 06/07/19 »
SAB was the cause of slightly off movement to counter Fortnite's digital input detection in the last XIM4 beta build or two. Other XIM4 firmware builds will move in straight lines.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Divising

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Guniy
« Reply #7 on: 01:28 PM - 06/09/19 »
I play comp for cod and I'm pretty good at Fortnte I like the sa3. 12k dpi G502 Hip:11 Ads:3 Steady Aim On (Both) No curves. Personally, I never tried sa5 but I'm going to listen to Od1n and turn off steady aim now and give it a go.

Offline ShaneYE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:58 PM - 06/16/19 »
SAB was the cause of slightly off movement to counter Fortnite's digital input detection in the last XIM4 beta build or two. Other XIM4 firmware builds will move in straight lines.

Are these other builds out, if so how do I get them? How do I use them? I've not updated my Xim4 since Fortnite started with the "Input blocked" methods and ever since I've had this really annoying micro movement that is actually quite frustrating to play with.

Any help would be appreciated my guy

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad

Offline ShaneYE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:01 PM - 06/23/19 »
You've just made my experience on Fortnite so much more enjoyable. It's not even funny. Absolute life safer. SA3 by the way, absolute best version. Love it. Thank you.

Offline Riblez-_-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Riblez-_-
« Reply #11 on: 09:54 AM - 07/18/19 »
What mouse HZ do you use? most people say 500hz is the best, other say 1000hz

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #12 on: 10:53 PM - 07/18/19 »
Aside from Sensitivity values, mouse polling makes no difference on XIM4, it runs at a constant 125Hz.