XIM Community

I cannot get xim link to work  (Read 243 times)

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
I cannot get xim link to work
« on: 08:14 PM - 04/15/19 »
I'm trying to play Fortnite on my PC with a xim apex, but I can't get it to work with xim link, when I load into a game the keyboard works fine but my mouse isn't detected as a xim, it's just detected as a normal mouse, someone please help, getting a belkin easy transfer cable costed me $70 because of shipping.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
Re: I cannot get xim link to work
« Reply #1 on: 12:47 AM - 04/16/19 »
Plug the mouse into the PC.....

Now if you intended to say that you are using Xim Apex to use mouse on a console and use Xim Link to swap controls between console and PC, then the answer is still the same. Plug the mouse into the PC. Xim link when active will route input through the transfer cable to the Xim Apex.
« Last Edit: 12:57 AM - 04/16/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:16 AM - 04/17/19 »
I already have connected my keyboard and mouse to the PC, the only things connected to the xim apex are my controller and the belkin easy transfer cable like they're supposed to.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:30 AM - 04/17/19 »
I'm trying to play Fortnite on my PC with a xim apex, but I can't get it to work with xim link, when I load into a game the keyboard works fine but my mouse isn't detected as a xim, it's just detected as a normal mouse, someone please help, getting a belkin easy transfer cable costed me $70 because of shipping.
I already have connected my keyboard and mouse to the PC, the only things connected to the xim apex are my controller and the belkin easy transfer cable like they're supposed to.

Then I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. If your mouse is connected to your PC, then what is the issue? Your original post doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: 07:34 AM - 04/17/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:44 AM - 04/17/19 »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think XIM Link can be used with PC games. It may work with two PCs.

XIM Link isn't needed to use APEX with a PC game, is there another reason you are wanting to use it with PC games?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:58 AM - 04/17/19 »
I'm assuming they want to run AutoHotKey scripts through the xim apex because some think it's undetected this way on PC.  (Seriously doubt this is the case)
Check this post out it might work this way
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=77158.msg757508#msg757508

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:02 AM - 04/17/19 »
I don't know. Based the the original post and the response to my post I don't think they understand what the product is designed for or how it works.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 05:15 PM - 04/17/19 »
It's not worth risking AHK script detection in any PC game.

Use a Titan Two for scripting, it offloads the code to an external device and can't be detected, reducing your chances of being banned.

Obviously abusing any game exploit is at your own risk - telegraphing the use of mods in killcams, observer mode and replays is daft beyond belief and can still land the banhammer.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:04 AM - 04/19/19 »
I only need xim link just to switch between xim apex and native kbm with one click of a button. I've been thinking of getting a kvm switch as an alternative but I heard that kvm switches are not reliable on windows 10.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:44 PM - 04/19/19 »
I only need xim link just to switch between xim apex and native kbm with one click of a button. I've been thinking of getting a kvm switch as an alternative but I heard that kvm switches are not reliable on windows 10.

Xim link does switch with one click of a button. There is something wrong with how you have the cable/devices hooked up or the cable is defective.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 12:15 AM - 04/20/19 »
KVM and USB switches (same thing, one different cable) are very unreliable. XIM Link does the job, there may be something not quite right in your setup.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:55 AM - 04/21/19 »
KVM and USB switches (same thing, one different cable) are very unreliable. XIM Link does the job, there may be something not quite right in your setup.

What could be wrong in my setup?

What exactly is the problem with kvm switches on windows 10? It's unreliable right? So would I have to factory reset the PC or completely restart it if it can't read the keyboard like you said in your example in another thread.