XIM Community

Tutorial: N52te Analog Stick Mod + 6 Button Pedals Footrest (no buttons lost)  (Read 69132 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Right thumbstick transplant to other device
« Reply #15 on: 03:35 PM - 01/17/11 »
I am flattered Peng, you only got it for babysitting me on MW2 LOL

RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
I having to get some better grippy footpads as the standard ones slide abit.
But thats it.

Put a $1 mousepad under it? They so much don't glide, will hold perfectly.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
Nice idea.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Added Pengs quickscoping video to the first post.

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
Very interesting Roads, great job in explaining it all.
Sadly in the iq department i'm subpar ;D, so could you help me
out with the part number (Conrad) for the joystick you used?

Currently (a year or so) i'm using the G13 but the ergonomics
are left to be desired, i'm no elektro wiz but your clear explanation
gives me enough courage to give it a try > in the worst case i end up with a tin controller  :)

Maybe a stupid question but is it not possible to leave the MS controller in its original state
and solder the new joystick wire parallel to the ten existing pins/connections in the controller?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
No sadly you cant leave the stick in place, I tried that and movement slows down as you add the resistances of the potentiometers. If you are unsure go with the left stick first the right one is much harder because of the fire button.
I cant point you to the right number of the Joystick for Conrad. I went there and they showed me all kinds they had even if I had numbers. It has to have a metal stick not plastic, it has to be 10KOhm and it has to have the little side house for the push down. Test the mushroom fit there, the plastic one does not fit the metal pin.
Oh and I am no electro wiz myself I just happen to have nice ideas and I can solder two points together quite OK.
Get "Radiolot" at Conrad and a desolderer that looks like a big syringe. Its better to use an old controller the new ones have worse quality. I lost a contact point but was able to fix it. Only took me an hour.

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
As i read your reply i seems you have a ''Conrad'' you can visit, here in Holland it's all online.
They have 3 types that apply, i order them all as they don't cost much.
Thx for the tips on the tin and syringe, i'm going out now to see if i can find a Nostromo ''old type''.
I'll update when finished, thanks again  :)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
No you need the controller old type, its almost impossible to wreck the Nostromo itís the XBOX controller. The one with the silver X between back and start is worse than the older ones.

Give me links to the three types and I tell you which one

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
Updated and its done, man Belkin/Razer could have spared me a couple of hours of work by simply making this an analoge stick. Idiots...
Nice tutorial, man.  I wondered how exactly you'd done it, but you essentially transplanted the stick from the controller to the Nostromo.  Simple, clever and effective!

Being a WASD (or rather ESDF) player the n52TE is a perfect fit for me as-is, but I understand your sentiment.  What might have been nice is if Belkin had given the option - make it an analog stick, but give it a setting so it could be used as a d-pad as well.

I'll have to bear this mod in mind if it doesn't work out for me trying WASD.

Offline SILENT TRIGGER

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
  • PSN ID: SlLENT_TRlGGER_X
roads can I use your analog stick mod also with  the xim2 controller?
then I connect the analogstick from the n52te to the xim2 controller.
so I have full analog support with xim2 and with xim3. (at xim3 i can also use the xim2 controller)
which needs to go, right?
« Last Edit: 11:17 AM - 01/18/11 by SilentTrigger x »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Updated and its done, man Belkin/Razer could have spared me a couple of hours of work by simply making this an analoge stick. Idiots...
Nice tutorial, man.  I wondered how exactly you'd done it, but you essentially transplanted the stick from the controller to the Nostromo.  Simple, clever and effective!

Being a WASD (or rather ESDF) player the n52TE is a perfect fit for me as-is, but I understand your sentiment.  What might have been nice is if Belkin had given the option - make it an analog stick, but give it a setting so it could be used as a d-pad as well.

I'll have to bear this mod in mind if it doesn't work out for me trying WASD.

You may like the cherry mod of your N52te though as WASD, I opened a new thread and I am adding pictures as it evolves.

Silent I don't get your question, sorry. Ask me in German via pm.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
He wants to know if he can used a XIM2 modded controller as the the controller to take the stick out and put it in the n52te and still use it as a xim2 at the same time, so that he could get full analog.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
No you need the controller old type, its almost impossible to wreck the Nostromo it’s the XBOX controller. The one with the silver X between back and start is worse than the older ones.

Give me links to the three types and I tell you which one

Here is the link to the Conrad page > Link
The site sometimes acts strange (cookies) ifso please use
Conrad.nl with ''Potentiometer Joystick" in the searchfield.

This afternoon i bought a new wired MS controller, this seems to be problematic?
Any tips or should i go on the lookout for an old style controller?

No Nostromo was to be found, i'll be ordering one online > hopefully they ship as
advertised and i don't end up with it's Razer buddy  :)

Thx for your time Roads

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
He wants to know if he can used a XIM2 modded controller as the the controller to take the stick out and put it in the n52te and still use it as a xim2 at the same time, so that he could get full analog.

Oh I see, no way would I go under the piggy backed XIM2. You don't have room for anything in there and you don't want to destroy a device that is not even available anymore.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah the three seem to be the same, cant find a difference, as long as they are 10KOhm they will work. I cant tell you which mushrooms fit.
No the new controller is OK just take your time when unsoldering remove as much solder as possible. As I said I lost a soldering point and had to repair.

This is the N52te

http://www.amazon.de/Belkin-F8GFPC200ea-n52te-Nostromo-Speedpad/dp/B0010YL6ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295388981&sr=8-1

Just ask if you have a question.

Good luck :)