XIM Community

Tutorial: N52te Analog Stick Mod + 6 Button Pedals Footrest (no buttons lost)  (Read 83407 times)

Offline Leto

• View Profile
yes 2 or 3 meter should be fine.
I don't know how much current the controller analog is drawing but it must be very little.
Cord distance within reason shouldn't effect the analog signal unless you are using extremely small wire.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
An idea if we cant parallel the stick to make this mod easier. The pain in the @#$% is to remove the stick. What about leaving the stick in place, snatching the potentiometers open and removing the spindle/drum. You would still have to mess around with the fire button and fit the buttons under it but not desolder that beast.

btw gameplay with the modded N52te is awesome, its really a perfect device to play with. The hand lies on it like a charm, not comparable to the uncomfy G13 or the three finger use of the Sony Nav nunchuck.
« Last Edit: 12:03 AM - 02/17/11 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline Leto

• View Profile
Yes that would work, Also cut the trace between 1 and 3 on the potentiometers as shown here:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/CutPOT005.jpg

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Great nice pic!

Recabled the mod 8 wire the two pins that do the mushroom down are the ones that are nearest to the border of the pcb. I confirm a 3.5m cable (same length as controller cable is working) I have several solderings there as I made it detachable. Will post pics later. So now I can move the controller away from me to the mixamp.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
You know I am astonished you didnt use the keys on your mod to spell your name :D

ROADS in the middle would have been epic :D  or PePe :D
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Of course my narciss brain thought of that Peng, but the keyheights and inclinations are too different from row to row.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Corrected tutorial to 8 wire cable and only two pins to connect for push down stick.

Can you update the wiring images?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
No, sorry dont have pics and wont take off the fire button for this. Its just the same just take the two pins of the four pushdown pins that are nearest to the edge. Thatís all. If I do the mod again Ill redo all of em but I am not sure I will.

Be sure to post if the non desolder version works with the drum taken out of the potentiometers and the line cut.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
For anyone looking at this and wanting to do it.  It isn't all that difficult, the hardest part they mentioned is removing the stick from the controller which isn't hard with Desolder.  I practiced on a xbox1 controller and also now have the stick i'll be using on the n52te.  The breadboard I got is too small but I have everything ready to go beyond this and some screws.  :)

If you have any soldering experience you'll be fine.  If you don't this might not be for you.

Total Time spent: 15 minutes

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Another great  idea from ABC123  besides the training on some other victim, is to use a 3m Network elongation cable, you hava a female and amale that serve as connectors and it has enough wires for the mod. I want to see pics ABC. Awesome idea really!

KEEP IN MIND DESOLDERING OF THE STICK  IS NOT NECESSARY ANYMORE!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Be sure to describe its pure legendary awesomeness and its superiority to other badly designed devices after trying it! :D
« Last Edit: 03:49 AM - 02/21/11 by roads »

Offline chaosticbunny

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: t3hst0rmtr00p3r

Xim: OG XIM3
Keyboard: Razer N52TE
Mouse: Logitech G700s

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
:) are you signing up as testperson?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile

I had to redo the Joystick part for Arctic Peng he has a -006 controller from me and it is reported not working right from some people on the forum. Hell knows, I will be able to say more when I get it back. So I can confirm my idea to leave the stick in place and just remove the drums was successful  thanks to Leto saying to cut the one trace (there was only one Leto). You can see yourself on the picture. There you see the updated 8-wire soldering. You do have to remove the fire button potentiometer and put it back again there is no way around that. Be sure to desolder well even when removed as the most dangerous part is when you put it back as you press against the solderplate on the pcb. As you do not remove the joystick there is even less room in there for the cables so it may, yes, take ten times to put the controller together again. One advice, the cables coming in, hotglue them down to the base of the start button or they will interfere with it. So right now its done in half an hour if you are good.

Admin