XIM Community

Tutorial: N52te Analog Stick Mod + 6 Button Pedals Footrest (no buttons lost)  (Read 83405 times)

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
Nice, glad another person has one of these. Good init :D
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
LOL nice ABC, you will love it. The glue is to be inside the devices :D. Thatís a dirty mod man but I see you only have to have it working and not taking it to the beauty contest. Did you have fun putting the controller together?
Crusade atm: none

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
LOL nice ABC, you will love it. The glue is to be inside the devices :D. Thatís a dirty mod man but I see you only have to have it working and not taking it to the beauty contest. Did you have fun putting the controller together?

LOL i just dremeled the trigger underside and the controller top.  easy mode took 20 minutes.

czwecker

man im confused, half the peeps say its worse , other half say its better than belkin..
For me. newbie with a xim3, only playing fps (g500) and I ordered a nostromo...why again is it trash or that doesnt apply for my use ?

thx alot!

Updated that the Razer Nostromo is a big piece of useless junk.

czwecker

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thatís the good one, if its Razer its crap if itís a Belkin you are fine. If you ordered the Razer one, send it back unopened.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
First post decluttered now easy non stick desolder way.

czwecker

hum, to me they look identical, they both look the same and both look different than the belkin one shown in this thread...

Thatís the good one, if its Razer its crap if itís a Belkin you are fine. If you ordered the Razer one, send it back unopened.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
hum, to me they look identical, they both look the same and both look different than the belkin one shown in this thread...

You will be very disappointed if you buy the Razer Nostromo. The Razer device is not saving anything to memory on the device so you cant even change a profile when attached to the XIM3. It needs windows to use macros and settings. We dont have that on the XIM3. I opened both, while looking same the inside is different.  The Belkin N52te works without operating system everything is stored on the device making it unique for the XIM3.
The Belkin one in this thread is modded thatís what the thread is about and that is why it looks different.
But hey I don't care what you do go buy a Razer nostromo if you like.

czwecker

You will be very disappointed if you buy the Razer Nostromo. The Razer device is not saving anything to memory on the device so you cant even change a profile when attached to the XIM3. It needs windows to use macros and settings. We dont have that on the XIM3. I opened both, while looking same the inside is different.  The Belkin N52te works without operating system everything is stored on the device making it unique for the XIM3.
The Belkin one in this thread is modded thatís what the thread is about and that is why it looks different.
But hey I don't care what you do go buy a Razer nostromo if you like.

ok now I think i know, its because you modded the keyboard :-)  thats why it looked so different to me.
I just want to male sure if I get the one called "Belkin N52te Nostromo"  with "Nostromo" in the name and it looks the same as the Razer Nostromo (only the logo different) that THAT is still the good one to get.

thx alot!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah and hurry they vanish from the market. If you plan to mod it get a new one and snipe a used one as backup on Ebay.

czwecker

ok! i just got one, dont plan on modding it (yet) but better safe than sorry. The keyboard mod is more interesting to me cause im a wasd guy.

thx for your comments!

cheers

Yeah and hurry they vanish from the market. If you plan to mod it get a new one and snipe a used one as backup on Ebay.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
For the keyboard mod you really need good equipment as soldering is very delicate. Get an Ersa 15-25W soldering Iron, a gluematic 3002 hotgluepistol from amazon , Kolophonium (dip before each solering), Radiolot and 0.25 wire from Conrad elektronics as you are in Germany. Build Time 5 hours. You can have 14 Cherry keys for 10 euro incl. postage from me. Dont start if you dont have a Dremel.

Offline toon

• View Profile
I did a mod too  ;D
Not as sophisticated like a Roads mod but VERY useful too me.
Look at the space button.
I found it way too low for comfortable use so i glued two smaller keys on it.

czwecker

i see only one key ?

I did a mod too  ;D
Not as sophisticated like a Roads mod but VERY useful too me.
Look at the space button.
I found it way too low for comfortable use so i glued two smaller keys on it.