XIM Community

I need help. Headphone related.  (Read 347 times)

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
I need help. Headphone related.
« on: 11:39 AM - 04/15/19 »
Hi how is everyone?
I have been using the xim4 for about a year and half now, and i love everything about the support and community as well.

I have almost perfected my set up after spending alot of money. Trial and error for my usage. This leads me to my last hurdle which is the headset. I have and own the ps golds original blue and black with modified ear cups. Also  the new dingy one with the thin head band absolutely killed my ears. And i also went all in and got the platinums.

In the end back to ps gold i originally got. With velour type ead pad mod on it.

All the drivers hit my ears and it hurts alot. Some immediately some over time. But its there.

I even bought the arctis 8 . They felt beautiful beautiful cool memory foam and easily replaceable ear pad materials online l. But the sound was tinny and the party chat does not function. Rip another 240 bucks.

Now my gaming situation is i usually play for 3 to 4 hours and party mix chat is a must. As i want to deaden teammates with loud mics or bad ones or annying ppl. So thats why the ps golds obviously is everyones weapon of choice for the xim4 of course. Perfect compatibility and ease of set up just plug and play!

Believe me i have been reading thread after thread for a year now and i just want to get a set up where i can use a comfortable high grad ear pads head phone model. Be it a wired one and i have to get a external clip on mic. Or something of that nature.

Before you tell me to search the forum for other set ups i made this post so that maybe someone could just give me the complete set up for a noob like me.

I have spent a combined amount of about 800 dollars canadian and i am still not satisfied. Sometimes i wonder maybe i should have just shelled out from the start and got the astro a50s woulda been better? But then i duno if the party chat mix even works immediately plug and play on xim4 ps4?

Im truly sorry for my long @#$% post, but im just taking a shot hetr see if any of you guys can lend me a quick hand ? Thanks in advance

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: I need help. Headphone related.
« Reply #1 on: 02:53 PM - 04/15/19 »
the sennheiser game zero or game one headphones depending upon if you want open back or closed back.

i also use the dss2 surround processor and i have no problems mixing party chat, if I'm understanding what you mean. I also hear footsteps in game better than most people I play with.

those two items are a can't miss proposition in my book.

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:34 AM - 04/16/19 »
This setup. Ive had a few. This one I like the most and is precise with footsteps. AMAZING how clear to me. Party chat volume control. Not a lot of bass, compared to the astros I had, but WOW so much clearer. I like this better then my sennheiser 360 too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Astro-A40-Gaming-MixAmp-Pro-With-All-Cables-for-Ps3-Ps4-Xbox-360-Window-and-Mac/123548415709

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Open-Air-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R98JVVU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IM36VU0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought cord organizers and other things to refine the use. Not to forget another aux cord so I can listen to my comp (dual monitor) and have a show while I play- during or in between games. Other things too ( nob to control pc sound blablabla)
« Last Edit: 12:40 AM - 04/16/19 by bdm214 »

Offline Delttaz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Deltaz
« Reply #3 on: 09:48 AM - 04/16/19 »
I bought the Astro A40 TR + MixAmp Pro for Xbox One back when they first released and I love them! They're a super easy setup as long as your PS4 has an extra usb slot open and an optical port for the surround sound.

Now I've heard from some people they are uncomfortable for them but me personally they feel fine other than being a little on the heavy side but you get used to that pretty quick.

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:58 AM - 04/18/19 »
Hiso the dss2 is the same as the a40 mixing amp?

I could use one or the other?

Thanks so much for replies but how i would i set everything up?

Wired headphones to the mixamp or dss2 then to ps4? Is it that easy.
Also does using boom mic lessen keyboard clicks for microphoje vs the ps gold?

Thanks again

Offline MarilynChristian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:57 PM - 04/18/19 »
Do you need to choose the correct headphones for your future activities and that's it?