XIM Community

Advice on mouse and keyboard  (Read 279 times)

Offline Fossilk1

• View Profile
Advice on mouse and keyboard
« on: 07:38 PM - 04/14/19 »
Hey guys,

Havenít purchased Xim Apex as of yet I am new to the forum. I just had a question which I am sure this may have been answered elsewhere.

What is the best keyboard and mouse to run on Xim Apex, for Apex legends on Xbox One? Is there a specific brand which runs a lot smoother and is recommended to reduce compatibility issues? I am assuming not every brand is compatible with Xim so I only ask.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
Re: Advice on mouse and keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 07:42 PM - 04/14/19 »
I've seen the folks in the know here recommend Logitech keyboards as the most likely to be compatible, although I run a Corsair K70 and it works just fine. I tried 14 different gaming mice this year in search of the best for me and never ran into a compatibility problem. Check the hardware support forum for a list of known non-compatible products, as that list is much much smaller than to post a known compatible.

Offline Fossilk1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:06 PM - 04/14/19 »
I've seen the folks in the know here recommend Logitech keyboards as the most likely to be compatible, although I run a Corsair K70 and it works just fine. I tried 14 different gaming mice this year in search of the best for me and never ran into a compatibility problem. Check the hardware support forum for a list of known non-compatible products, as that list is much much smaller than to post a known compatible.

Thanks for pointing out the hardware thread... didnít see that at first.

So I guess it comes down to preference with the list. And keep everything wired, no wireless devices.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:38 AM - 04/15/19 »
Definitely preference overall. But I saw someone recommend the G502 Proteus when I was new and I went with it and enjoy it 100%. I've been using it for a very long time now with no plans of changing it. I chose a single handed keyboard called the T9 which was about $30 at the time. I don't regret my purchase. I'd rather not use a full keyboard. I like having more space to move my mouse instead.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 02:24 AM - 04/15/19 »
It's just personal preference, Fossilk1, as most decent KBs and mice work fine with the XIM.

As PixelSquish says, check the Hardware Compatability List for kit known not to work with the XIM Apex.

As long as they're not on the list, wireless peripherals work well with the Apex. I used the Logitech G900 for a while and it works flawlessly with no perceptible lag. I have been using the Swiftpoint Z for the last couple of years.

Like GamingNerd, I use the Allreli T9+, but it's not being manufactured any more. There are several identical products out there, though.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline spawnpeekingyager

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:53 AM - 04/15/19 »
I use the final mouse right now, it does ok with the xim, but I still think the Logitech G502 is still the best mouse with xim

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:24 AM - 04/15/19 »
I like Razer Deathadder Chroma (10000 DPI). I do not like Logitech mice for their ergonomics. I use Razer Cynosa Chroma for keyboard $50. I don't like mechanical keyboards.
I find that having a good mouse pad is equally important . I really like Razer Monticor pad $50.
An older Razer Taipan mouse (8000 DPI) works really well for me as well.
I do not use WASD keys. I use Numpad keys since 1998. A lot of keyboards do not work well with XIM 4 when using Numpad keys. Example : pressing Num Enter to Sprint and pressing Num+ to heal in BF 5 simultaneously does not work on many keyboards with XIM 4. This is The main reason I use Razer Cynosa keyboard. I returned Steelseries Apex 150 and Corsair K55 RGB keyboard because of it.