XIM Community

Desperate!  (Read 139 times)

Offline johnm7247

• View Profile
Desperate!
« on: 02:20 PM - 04/12/19 »
Hey all!   Long time pc gamer trying to get my XboxOneS legs under me to play with my kids and friends. When I say long time, I mean 18 yrs or so ago in BF42 leagues. Haven't gamed in years. I can't figure this thing out!  All kinds of problems.  I can't get my apex firmware updated past 5.00.20180501. I noticed some of the configs I want to try require a different (newer?) version to paste. I don't think I even have all the latest settings available.  I can't get XIM Manager to connect to my apex from the pc. I think I can do this from my phone. I've looked through the tutorials here and abroad with no luck. I've been at this for almost a month. It is possible I'm too stupid to grasp all this. :)  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to play BFV and Apex Legends. So far I'm all over the place with my shots, trouble getting key bindings to work for inventory and weapon switching. My gear is an old N52 speed pad and a new Razer DeathAdder Elite mouse, cloth mousepad if that matters.  It all works for the most part. But if feels like I'm driving a bus when it comes to aiming. Please help! I'm not even sure where to start at this point. I guess it would be the firmware and maybe the manager. Then I'm hoping I can paste a decent config? I tried emailing a config to my phone and copying. When I try to paste in xim manager it just says error.

Thanks!  Sorry to be such a noob.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Desperate!
« Reply #1 on: 02:32 PM - 04/12/19 »
Welcome to the community. Most code shared lately uses the latest build in the beta section of the forum. It's necessary to update both firmware and Manager to this version to use recent code. If you would like to test our latest beta visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Feedback in the beta section of our forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta

About aiming, each game requires specific in-game settings for best performance which can be found on the Game Settings page:

http://xim.tech/settings

I recommend using these settings with a newly created default config without making changes to expert settings. These can be added later if needed once you have a feel for the game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos