XIM Community

Will you keep your XIM3 more of a secret? Or smeer it in you oponents faces?  (Read 7141 times)

Offline xnilClinx

• View Profile
I would definitely say keep it more of a secret rather then spreading it like wildfire.  Yes you could tell people but not to the extent that everybody that you start encountering on xbox live would then have a XIM. Just the fact of thinking that makes me kind of nervous. Xbox would then probably not allow XIM taking the fact that everyone online then has a XIM.

[small]Your mother is a *** ing* lorem ipsum*** admit invenium**** trlllgulah***** hippopotamus*****
republican** daniel radcliffe****with a bucket of**** in a castle far away where no one can hear you******* soup***
with a bucket of** mickey mouse** and a stick of dynamite* magical*** alakazam! [/small]

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
Yea,  I have already told a bunch of PC buddies of mine and I am thinking they are waiting for me to try it first.  Once I feel the magic in my hands believe me it will get exposure :D  I still have an assload of online buddies from various top teams in many games. 

I just want to game with my peeps again and PC is dying I am hoping the XIM will bring us back together I got a buddy of mine at work who is REALLY thinking of getting one now too but I think he is waiting on me as well.  I think his cousin is also thinking about it.   

If I get Obsiv 500+ referrals for XIM3 I wonder if I could get a discount on XIM4? :P   
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
Yea,  I have already told a bunch of PC buddies of mine and I am thinking they are waiting for me to try it first.  Once I feel the magic in my hands believe me it will get exposure :D  I still have an assload of online buddies from various top teams in many games. 

I just want to game with my peeps again and PC is dying I am hoping the XIM will bring us back together I got a buddy of mine at work who is REALLY thinking of getting one now too but I think he is waiting on me as well.  I think his cousin is also thinking about it.   

If I get Obsiv 500+ referrals for XIM3 I wonder if I could get a discount on XIM4? :P   

Lol at how your thinking about discounts on xim 4 when xim 3 isnt even out yet xD

Offline Zyren

• View Profile
that's exactly what i was going to do. but can someone report you for you saying you use a xim? can you get banned from xbl?
I highly doubt MS will/can ban someone just cause another person said they were using this device. If someone had XIM as their clan tag it wouldn't necessarily mean that that person actually was using one either. MS will need actual proof. However, I'm not saying that you're 100% safe from being banned from XBL if you use the XIM. If you've followed the Xbox 360 firmware & hacking scene you've seen what MS is actually capable of (far greater threat, actual hardware/flash modifications). Whether they will try to detect and ban XIM users or not will probably depend on if they see the XIM as a threat for the platform or not, and how hard it would be to accomplish. OFC, they've left the XIM 1, XIM 2 & other adaptors alone, but the XIM 3 will probably be much more popular than its predeccors (XIM 1 & 2) and will be better (giving a bigger advantage over the controller). In theory the XIM is safe, and it probably will be.

Please note that me saying that it would be possible for MS to detect the presence of the XIM is purely speculation from my part (& is probably highly unlikely). I base this only on the fact that MS has used some pretty advanced techniques to detect mods before (not involving hardware checks).

Offline Taylor D1350

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Taylor D1350
Please let people know -- in a non-confrontational way, of course. :) Spreading the word is what I need most from the community!

I will let people know about it, but im not just going to go brag about it in every lobby im in, i dont want little kids thinking im only beating them because of it...

Offline WatchGrassGrow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WatchGrassGrow
Please let people know -- in a non-confrontational way, of course. :) Spreading the word is what I need most from the community!
I let my friends know about it, but that's about it really. I'm literally never in the Game chat anyway, so I really couldn't tell people if I had wanted to.

Offline 09190

• View Profile
I'm also worried about XIM users being banned from XBL.  I'm not one of those amazing players but coming from a long dating pc experience, I cannot aim with a controller.  Controllers are fine fro third person action games wuch as assasins creed etc where there is no aiming but just camera control, but horrible for aiming (at least for me).

When I dont use a xim, I'm either dead last, in CoD or just above someone that just entered the game.   When I use the xim, i'm usually in the top three.  There is a MAJOR difference in my performance, and of course my enjoyment of the game.

I would advertise XIM as much as I could, but I am worried that XBL might consider using this peripheral an unfair advantage and ban the users.  I would hate to see this happen, so I am currently not openly advertising it to anyone but close firends.  If there was no such danger, I'd be all up for putting the xim out there and even maybe having a XIM gamers night witht he community members here. :)

Offline megadaffy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: megadaffy
I have already told pretty much all of my PC gamer buddies about it. Even my XBox buddies who have been trying to get me to switch over for ages (they are all pretty excited just that I will play with them). Surprisingly it's my XBox buddies who are considering buying one over my PC friends!
"Yo, [email protected]#$%... Let's Go" - Army of Darkness

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
all my friends on xbl, real life friends I play xbox with already know. The only people I keep it from really is random online noobs and when Im playing gamebattles. Wouldnt want to get instabanned from gb now would I...
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline ksksioux

• View Profile
Iam trying to get my entire pc gaming clan to get an xbox and purchase a xim3...xD it seems to be goin good so far..

Offline PrimeIce

• Desecrate the lawman.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nymbro
all my friends on xbl, real life friends I play xbox with already know. The only people I keep it from really is random online noobs and when Im playing gamebattles. Wouldnt want to get instabanned from gb now would I...

No worries brah.

Offline YourMamaRGR

• View Profile
I think a clan tag as previously mentioned is a good idea.  Or as also mentioned, putting it in your player profile. 

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
PrimeIce u legend. last time I checked the rules I could have sworn some sorta rule against 3rd party modded input peripherals. Might have been mlg rules I read, cant remember. In any case Ive already told almost all the PC gamers I know about it, my old clan mates and work friends Im still gaming with now and then :).
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline Goffin

• View Profile
I think a clan tag as previously mentioned is a good idea.  Or as also mentioned, putting it in your player profile. 

I'm going to tag it and some people that notice might very well be pissed off, fun for me and other people might check up what the fuzz is all about.

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
I already have a clan tag so I'm just going to have to go into game chat and scream "XIM3 BITCHES!" In a high pitched squealy voice over and over getting deeper in voice tone and slower each time I say it. In a non-confrontational way of course.