XIM Community

d1sable Apex Legends Config - using advanced controls  (Read 10595 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Hi all,

A little pet project of mine here, with some impressive results so far.

Just to be clear i'm not saying this config is better than my last, just different, in truth i haven't had the game time to extensively test it so i'm hoping that's where you guys come in.

We all know that Apex Legends added advanced look controls post the ST being created and in my opinion these should not be changed when using the official ST as all you are doing in a round about way is adding or taking away acceleration etc by doing so. Which is a big no no to me. At this point i should also add the ST eliminates all that as long as you use the recommended settings and is perfect 1 to 1, there is nothing wrong with it.

Why make this config then you say? Well i guess it was to see if the advanced controls could add anything to the experience and more to test myself as i have created a new ST from scratch (ish).

Anyway ill stop the rambling and post the setup.

Firmware: 20190320
Manager: 20190315

******ST =  Generic Alpha (at the bottom of the list of games)******

DO NOT USE THE OFFICIAL APEX LEGENDS ST WITH THIS CONFIG

In game settings:

90 FOV

https://imgur.com/gallery/aFtX1w5?fbclid=IwAR3ebXNdyDJJYamBs4S8XuDR8ihf6Y8_1Sdf6rTgbaxtE8Nn4i1_hruepFo

As you can see from these i have taken any value that involves acceleration out of the equation.

The response curve when all the way to the left gives a nice linear line and makes it feel very responsive.

Outer threshold is on default and the deadzone is one click to the right, this is important as the curve is set up in conjunction with this.

Now this curve needs to be applied to both hip and ads.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gSwB9gLAA4oEVAUeBekGswd9CEcJEQnbCqULbww5DQMNzQ6XD2IQLBD2EcASihNUFB4U6BWyFnwXRhgQGNsZpRpvGzkcAxzNHZceYR8rH/UgvyGJIlQjHiPoJLIlfCZGpxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

This curve is known as a boost curve and is completely linear, you can create the same effect using the boost feature i just decided to do it this way.

Here is my full config if you prefer:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Generic Alpha] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

This is the main part of the config now complete, like always you can use whatever DPI / Sync etc you prefer, i haven't got round to testing them all so this may run even better on an alternative than i am using, however here is what i have been using.

1000 hrtz and polling
12k DPI
Sync Default
Hip 22
ADS 12

So what is the end result? I feel like this set up produces a less sticky AA experience which can be very useful at times.

In particular i notice the hip fire feels very free from AA interference and using the Wingman or a more "flicky" style of aim seems to work well with it. I also find moving to the head in their hit box is easier. Of course there is trade off and spamming fire from distance is perhaps less "sticky".

Let me know your experience.

As ever here is a video of it in action, the first bonus clip shows the good hip fire (or maybe my leet movement ;)) the rest of the video is a 17 kill game with over 3k damage using mainly wingman. I appreciate any subs, trying to make it to a 1000. Thanks all.

« Last Edit: 10:42 AM - 04/10/19 by d1sable »

Offline Crump

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sir_Crumpet
Re: d1sable Apex Legends Config - using advanced controls
« Reply #1 on: 03:09 AM - 04/09/19 »
I'll give this a go tonight but with 4k dpi and may adjust the sens and deadzone to suit. Tried everyone's settings for a day or so and always came back to your old settings with my own adjustments. Keen to see how this feels 👍

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:16 AM - 04/09/19 »
Yep good luck bud.

Don't adjust the deadzone though, just add boost if u feel u need it (hopefully you shouldn't)

Offline Crump

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:14 AM - 04/09/19 »
Ended up keeping everything the same and just changed sens for 4k dpi and 500hz. Had 4 wins out of 6 games and it felt really clean. Definitely feel the aim assist less than previously which took a bit getting used to but after a few games it just felt good. Let us know if you tweak any of your settings but good job with another great config

Offline Rompck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:35 AM - 04/09/19 »
Thanks d1sable I will give a try tonight. Crump what is your sens (hip/ads) for 4K dpi and 500hz. I知 playing with a G502 so I think it痴 better to use 500hz

Thanks again for your work

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:57 AM - 04/09/19 »
To go to 4k just times by 3 if u wanted the same as mine bud. Response rate does not matter.

Hip 66
ADS 36

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:02 AM - 04/09/19 »
Hi !!
Hey .... new settings to test .... I知 your guy  ;D, i値l test it tonight and i値l tell you the felling  8)
See you bud  ;)

Offline JeIlis

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JeIis
  • PSN ID: Pine_pples
« Reply #7 on: 10:18 AM - 04/09/19 »
I tried doing basically the same setup but couldn't get the deadzone to feel right, never thought about trying a boost curve though. Cant wait to try this when I get home!

Offline Crump

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:30 PM - 04/09/19 »
I ended up settling on 40hip and 22ads using 4k 500hz. Very rarely will I use the same sens as someone else. Always fine tune until you're happy for your own plau style

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:01 PM - 04/09/19 »
Going to test this out tonight, been waiting for some new settings. Thanks!

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:22 PM - 04/09/19 »
ok well now I am really embarrassed ahah, because I do not know really what setting is the best!  I like the first one, simple, effective, but the last is really good too , less sticky , more free ....
So i have to practice a little more to know which i prefer
I値l tell you  ;)

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:05 PM - 04/09/19 »
What ingame sensitivity did you use with these settings

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:48 PM - 04/09/19 »
Once u use advanced controls the in game sense does not matter its greyed out.

Make sure u are using the Generic Alpha ST

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:05 PM - 04/09/19 »
D1sable... So far I like the config, but like its always said before not everyone is the same, I had to almost double the hip and ads because it was wayyyy to slow, so far though I LIKE IT! NICE WORK

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:06 PM - 04/09/19 »
how you finding these settings so far