XIM Community

BO4 when firing weapon - sensitivity increases by 100% and can't aim  (Read 461 times)

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
Hello, I am using my elite controller and my mouse together for BO4, when firing weapon - sensitivity increases to insane and it fires all over the place making it unusable. Is this a BO4 thing, it works fine playing apex legends. I am also going to try updating the firmware, hopefully that helps.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hello, I am using my elite controller and my mouse together for BO4, when firing weapon - sensitivity increases to insane and it fires all over the place making it unusable. Is this a BO4 thing, it works fine playing apex legends. I am also going to try updating the firmware, hopefully that helps.
You need to turn your sensitivity down.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
My sense is perfect, why does it go crazy when I fire a weapon?

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
My sense is perfect, why does it go crazy when I fire a weapon?

Do you have another profile set to activate upon the button you have assigned to fire? Swipe over from the ADS settings screen to check.
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
Come on dude, not that stupid.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That is actually where I would look as well. Assigning ADS or another AUX page to left mouse button could create this issue.

Check if the issue occurs with a newly created config without making changes to the config.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Come on dude, not that stupid.
Your issue is not a common one in here. It has something to do with how you have your sensitivity set up for sure. Or, if you're using the Logitech G502 Proteus there is a button on the left side near where you place your thumb. When you hit that button it cycles through the dpi coloration. I think it's called dpi shift if I'm not mistaken. Hitting that button by mistake will cause your cursor to go haywire. I've done it before by mistake, and now I use it to my advantage to turn quicker. But those are the only things I can think of.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Make sure you have your ads activation button ad your ads button.

Make sure you donít have your sync messed up.

Make sure your not hitting a dpi buttons.

| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
When BO4 first ran it froze in game and detected the zim apex, the latest update of BO4 is detecting the xim apex and it is purposely making it malfunction and there is no fix for this, can i get a refund for the xim apex?

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Heís not lying itís Happening to me also, Iím still good but when you ads itís still fine but when you shoot it causes a lot of float

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
When BO4 first ran it froze in game and detected the zim apex, the latest update of BO4 is detecting the xim apex and it is purposely making it malfunction and there is no fix for this, can i get a refund for the xim apex?

Lol, Oof then.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
When BO4 first ran it froze in game and detected the zim apex

How is this known?

If you're playing on Xbox there is a known audio bug that can negatively affect game and chat performance. Try using the audio compatibility mode on the Identity page of your config. Otherwise I recommend hard resetting the console, instructions are below.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
Hey Mods and Chats, stop clogging the forum with non-answers and get the devs to supply an update for BO4.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
BO4 works fine, otherwise there'd be thousands of similar threads to this one. I just tested BO4 and there's nothing wrong with the BO4 XIM Apex config.

It sounds like the XIM settings are misconfigured. Delete your BO4 config in XIM Manager to clear out any odd settings, recreate it and ensure your Sensitivity, Sync and Actions are correctly setup on ADS.

Also check your ADS in-game settings and DPI buttons on your mouse.

My guess is you have a different Sync mode set for ADS, which can dramatically increase Sensitivity. Change Sync to match HIP or dial down Sensitivity.

Either that or there's an AUX page that activates when shooting. Some people set these up to increase YX ratio for recoil control. Again, check Sync.

BTW, XIM has never been detected by any game on any platform in over a decade because it enumerates as the controller attached to it. That's part of the reason why a genuine console controller is required.
« Last Edit: 04:36 PM - 04/05/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TRON2L

• View Profile
Its not the ADS, it floats like crazy when hip firing as well, the other poster mentioned he has this problem too.